• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What Nintendo Franchise yet to be released on Switch, would make the Switch generation feel "complete"

Well obviously F-Zero and Star Fox. I'd include original Pikmin and DK games as well, which are probably a matter of time, but aren't here yet regardless.

Then making it really be complete complete, to me, would be Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, and Wario Land. But you can only dream so far.

Well obviously F-Zero and Star Fox. I'd include original Pikmin and DK games as well, which are probably a matter of time, but aren't here yet regardless.

Then making it really be complete complete, to me, would be Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, and Wario Land. But you can only dream so far.
How can you say F-ZERO when a Nintendo system hasn't had one since the GameBoy Advance?

Third party for me would be COD. Yes I know people hate the franchise but being able to play that in handheld is all I’m missing.

How can you say F-ZERO when a Nintendo system hasn't had one since the GameBoy Advance?
Because look

captain-falcon-ramen.gif

Look at that

I don't know how much clearer I can make it

A new Star Fox would make it feel complete to me. A Mother Collection would make it... legendary, perhaps.

That the Switch will likely go through its entire lifecycle without an original Mario Kart is something I think we’ll look back on years from now.

But with that said, an original 2D Mario.

New Pikmin game announced. It's all I dream about. Pikmin 3 Deluxe was a very good port, with QoL additions, DLC included and new contents, and it sold pretty well in regard of the other games in the series. A new game would be my most anticipated game on the Switch, I guess.

If we get a new Donkey Kong game I promise to not complain about the Switch's library ever again until I find something else to complain about.

I think the thing about Mario Kart 8 is the for 95% of the audience buying and playing it, its a de facto switch game. It's hard to exaggerated what a blip WiiU was.

I'd really love another Golden Sun but the switch has plenty of RPGs already so maybe one of these
FZero
Kid Icarus
Wave Race
Eternal Darkness

• 2D Mario
  • 2D Zelda (or a more classic style 3D one)
  • DK
  • Pikmin
  • Prime 4
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Pilot Wings

lol @ F-Zero, by that logic we're still in the Wii Generation ;)

To all the mentions of Nintendogs, I think that is the one franchise that would work better on mobile.

My answer: Pilot Wings!

there is any any franchise that was on 64,gc,wii and wii-u but not switch yet ??
Star Fox... Shit, it skipped the Wii ! But it still got a game that gen (on DS).
Feels like the biggest old and reccurent one missing. It even has a few avatars on Switch since day one.
Emily said they were actively prototyping Star Fox games at EPD so we know they're trying to release one.

Other than that, imo, some equivalent to Wii Sport, a new Tomodachi Collection, Nintendogs, and all the big IPs will be represented on Switch.

It already feel pretty much complete to me with all the new IPs and revivals we got this gen. Still wish for a new Wave Race and some other decades old games revivals like Famicom Detective Club. But we still have a few years to go for the Switch, the library will be fucking crazy when all is said and done.

My favorite Nintendo home consoles have been the ones that have a Metroid, Star Fox and F-Zero on them. We just got an excellent Metroid, so that leaves Star Fox and F-Zero for the Switch to be truly a top tier Nintendo console for me.

Star Fox definitely needs its moment to shine, but I think the series needs a shift in focus, akin to Kirby and the Forgotten Land or Pokemon Legends, where the play styles are familiar, but reworked and more ambitious. Arcade rail shooters aren’t going to move 5 million+ units in this day and age (maybe not even 1 million). Star Fox deserves to be a top franchise and Fox should stand alongside Mario, Link and company on those Nintendo Store murals. Nintendo should look at popular modern trends and see what they could implement in their own unique way a la Splatoon. And please include online multiplayer, for the love of god.

F-Zero… honestly, even if all we got were a GX remaster (with online play maybe?) I would be totally happy with that.

That the Switch will likely go through its entire lifecycle without an original Mario Kart is something I think we’ll look back on years from now.

But with that said, an original 2D Mario.
I think we'll look back and say how much a new Mario Kart wasn't really needed.

But I agree an original 2D Mario would be awesome, something preferably not related to NSMB.

I will always give the same answer the same answer when people ask what franchises Nintendo needs to make more games of: Golden Sun
While the DS game wasn't the best, it's still a great IP.

a few people said it already but rhythm heaven would really put a big ol' exclamation mark on the switch era.

A new Star Fox would be utterly fantastic, as would a new boxing game in the vein of the SNES Punch Out series. Perhaps another racer would be nice, either in the vein of 1080, Wave Race, F-Zero, or something new altogether. Mario Paint would be nice, as would a new Earthbound (Hah!).

The top of my list would be a brand new 2D Mario adventure, no doubt about it.

I dont really consider something complete just because I've gotten this and that so to speak.
There's plenty of more stuff I'd want still be it on the Switch or Switch 2 and even if those released I would want new stuff and sequels still coming:p

The fact that we are now getting sequels to launch year titles does make it seem complete in a sense.

However I feel there still multimillion sellers Nintendo is sitting on. Namely, Nintendogs and Tomodachi Life. Nintendo brought handheld franchises like Clubhouse Games and Big Brain Academy to consoles for the first time so I could see the trend continuing.

An original Donkey Kong and Mario Kart game. I feel like it's checked the boxes on everything else. I wouldn't mind a new platformer IP either.

A good Arcade-y Star Fox, No more Control gimmick, no more trying to reinvent the wheel. Just do a Simple Pew Pew Lazer dodge stuff explosion with the usual suspects and everyone would probably be happy. A new Donkey Kong and if they can make both a new (not remade, not remastered) 2D AND 3D Metroid at the same time, they can make a 2D Zelda.

F-Zero is number 1. Wouldn’t mind a built from the ground up Pikmin. I mean that game is going to look amazing. Third party for me is COD…. I know… I know.

2D Mario Bros
sWIItch Sport
Mario Strikkers
Wave Race
F-Zero
Pikmin 4
Star Fox but as a typical Rail Shooter

Wave Race
F-Zero
Pilotwings
Custom Robo
Panel de Pon
Sin & Punishment
Star Fox
Kid Icarus (Uprising-style, not the platformers)
Something whacky (think ODAMA)

The two big ones for me at this stage (personal bias) are F-Zero and Rhythm Paradise.

Objectively though it's probably Pikmin and Star Fox.

Star Fox, F-Zero, Kid Icarus or Punch-Out. Any of these would be great.
Came here to say that.
PS : I would just say "and" instead of "or".
NB : and add Wario Land to the list if possible.
(Chibi-Robo!)

Last edited:
Cornerstone Franchises?

-Star Fox
-New Donkey Kong game
-New 2D Zelda

Dream wishlist?

-Wave Race
-F-Zero
-Golden Sun
-Diddy Kong Racing Reboot
-Super Mario RPG sequel

Star Fox is the last big one really with no real representation on Switch. You can argue DK and Pikmin too but at least they got ports. But Switch not getting a Star Fox at all would feel like an ommission. It would have been good for the future of the series to get the same kind of Switch boost other franchises have enjoyed.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (a port) and Mario Kart Live (a spinoff) being the only games on Switch makes it feel like it's incomplete, without a piece that usually shapes the identity of a Nintendo system;

also, of course, it's missing an original Donkey Kong game and an original 2D Mario game, for the same reasons;

I can live without the other IPs that are not that frequent;

Still waiting on the non-existent Pikmin 4.

And although I’m not a huge F-Zero fan (I totally suck at them), it would be really nice to see the franchise return and give it another try.

2510-631-315-05a8c07a2ad4f73b4ce5378d890b9e5f484f0b16.jpg

STEEL DIVER 99

Seriously, Sub Wars on the 3DS was a tiny treasure. A well-designed multiplayer arena shooter that de-emphasizes twitch skills in favor of tactical knowledge, with Mario Kart DS style single-player missions to boot. Perfectly scaleable from small battles to large fleet engagements. Battle Royale that shit and put it on NSO! The last game already came with the boat-loads of collectible crewmen, unlockable paint jobs and purchasable subw---marines of a long-term service title.

Back
Top Bottom