• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What Nintendo Franchise yet to be released on Switch, would make the Switch generation feel "complete"

I'd rather Pikmin 4 over a new DK after getting ports of each Wii U entry, but if it has to be an all new original entry that has yet to make an appearance, I'd like to see F-Zero make a comeback (especially if it has a better chance than Custom Robo or Chibi Robo)

Definitely Nintendogs, I've missed those dearly and if the Switch doesn't get one it'll be the first gen that the series skipped since its inception.

There is Little Friends: Dogs & Cats but it's not quite the same.

The real question is if Camelot is up to par for the series these days.

The best I can expect from them now is a remake of the first two entries so there's less chance for them to screw it.

That is the big question. I'd be happy with that to test the waters too. Dark Dawn wasn't terrible but it would be an injustice for the series to end on that note.

A new Donkey Kong and a new Mario Kart.

For my tastes the Switch feels mostly complete already, but those two stick out.

Still waiting on a new F-Zero...

waiting-coffee.gif

F-Zero is the pipe dream and most common answer (plus what I would choose but I'm tired of disappointing myself expecting a new one).

So, Donkey Kong.

Nintendogs. It's criminal that Nintendo has seemingly put that series in the void after their lazy games on the 3ds.

A puzzle game akin to Tetris and Puyo Puyo. So it could be either Puzzle League/Panel de Pon, Wario's Woods, or perhaps Dr. Mario. Perhaps it's doubtful that either would be fully packaged like the two games I have mentioned, but I am hoping that it would be similar to the older days where the puzzle games are fully packaged.

Thank you for reading.

1. Pikmin 4
2. Pikmin 4
3. Pikmin 4
4. Pikmin 4
5. Pikmin 4
6. Pikmin 4
7. Pikmin 4
8. Pikmin 4
9. Pikmin 4
10. Brand new mainline Mario Kart would be nice. The Switch will have the best selling one but it will always be a Wii U game to me.

One up for rhythm heaven, It only skipped the wii u since its conception on the gba. Together with WarioWare it is the perfect outlet for their most quirky ideas.

Star Fox is arguably the biggest franchise not on Switch right now so that.

However, I'd also argue that a proper new DK is also needed.

F-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOO and Rhythm Heaven

and uhh

1080/Wave Race… I guess.

The first two most though

I think a fresh take on DK would really top it off.

AND
FREAKING DR MARIO
4 PLAYER
with story mode
AND ALL THE SONGS
AND PROPER SOUNDS FOR COMBOS

its not that hard.

Just a few...

A new
Donkey Kong
Pikmin
Fatal Frame
Mario Kart

an actual game
Wave Race
Excite

I like my Trilogies completed. So: The rumoured Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Also i wish for Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.

F- Zero, Kid Icarus Uprising and Golden Sun would also make for a nice touch.

Third Partie- wise, i want Halo, Mass Effect and Dark Souls Trilogy.

That said. Even without this Games, Switch is the best Nintendo Console ever for me.

There's actually a lot still MIA, but when you remove Wii U ports and remakes from the frame... there's so much I'd like to see!!

An all new 2D Zelda
An all new 2D Mario
Star Fox (I'd be satisfied with a port of Zero)
An all new 2D Donkey Kong
An all new 3D Donkey Kong
Kid Icarus
F Zero
Pilot Wings
Wave Race/1080/Excitebike (one of these, would never expect all!)

If I had to choose just one, I'd want Star Fox closely followed by new Donkey Kong (2D or 3D).

You know, Metroid crossed with Star Fox would make for a quality game.

Last edited:
Only Rhythm Heaven, that franchise has been on every console (minus GCN) since its inception.

I know you said "franchises", but im still of the opinion that a new 2D Zelda and a new Donkey Kong are more important than any unrepresented franchise.

Barring that, I'd say Kid Icarus. Nintendo making an action game is just too exciting to pass up.

Realistic one? A new Star Fox.

3D DK would be nice.

Unrealistic one? Campaign expansion for Smash.

Donkey Kong and StarFox.

At least one of those looks to be handled sometime soon. I still got worry about poor Fox, though!

New Warioland, new Donkey Kong (2D/3D), new 2D Mario , new Rhythm Heaven and a brand new top down Zelda (not another remake)

Rhythm Heaven is the last Nintendo series that I need to see before the next platform, all my other favourites are here or announced. Mother series being made available for NSO would be nice too.

My vote's on Star Fox. Have we had a mainline Nintendo console with no Star Fox games at any point? I guess the Wii?

I think the Switch gen in terms of franchises seems pretty complete, but I agree with Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, and even Nintendogs and Style Savvy. I'd also love a puzzle game, I love Panel de Pon's gameplay so if it could ever return, I'd be all over it.

I bought a 3DS at launch because 'that will be where the next Advance Wars comes out on' - so am glad I am finally getting something in December!

Style Savvy and really more of the causal Nintendo games. Also we need the inevitable end of a console life Kirby game.

• Donkey Kong
  • Star Fox
  • 2D Mario
  • Pikmin
  • just one more new IP

People are posting wishlists, which is always fun, but the only thing that's conspicuously missing at this point is Rhythm Heaven.

A brand new DK game.
Pikmin 4
Star Fox

Those are probably the biggest missing franchises that are “alive” with major releases in the past 10 years. After that you’re looking at the secondary tier franchises like F-Zero or alt versions of established IPs like 2D Zelda.

For a perfect first party lineup, Switch still needs:
Rhythm Heaven (urgent)
Wario Land
StarFox
Fossil Fighters
Dillon
Chibi-Robo
Jam with the Band (those who played this know why we need this to come back)

Rhythm Heaven for sure.

Other than that though? New IP. Doesn’t need to be big hits, but some smaller B games like Endless Ocean, Pandora’s Tower etc. Nintendo has been slacking on that front.

It's tough to say considering the Wii U ports muddy the waters a bit. There's a few key franchises that haven't had Switch original titles but they do have old ports.

Objectively speaking, I'd say that the biggest absence in the Switch's library is an original 2D Mario. Mario Maker just isn't the same, and U Deluxe is a seven year old port of the culmination of six years of the very samey NSMB series. Personally speaking, I am incredibly curious what direction Nintendo will take 2D Mario in a post-NSMB era.

I'd also add Switch original Donkey Kong and Mario Kart titles despite the critical and commercial success of the Tropical Freeze and 8 Deluxe ports.

As far as my personal biases go, it has, is, and will always be, Pikmin 4.

If I was forced to choose one that is completely absent from the Switch entirely though, I'd go with Star Fox. Aside from the Wii, Fox and Friends have made an appearance on every Nintendo home console since 1993. Hopefully the magic of the Switch does its work and the franchise finally takes off. Rhythm Heaven is also very conspicuously absent; much in the same fashion as WarioWare I can't see developing a new title eating up a ton of resources so I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Back
Top Bottom