• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What Nintendo Franchise yet to be released on Switch, would make the Switch generation feel "complete"

kimbo99

Spirit Detective
Pronouns
He/him
Now with Metroid Dread dropping and Kirby on the way, what other Nintendo Franchise missing on the Switch would make the Switch generation feel complete?

For me, it would be a Star Fox or Earthbound game. I have very small hope for both of them, but that's what would round out the generation for me.

P.S I am not counting the other Kirby games released on Switch, just the new 3D Kirby.

From possible franchises (ie. no F-Zero, Golden Sun or other dead franchises) I think only Star Fox is missing now. If the Switch can finally wrangle out a good Star Fox out of Nintendo then the thing really is miraculous

People will say F-zero, I say Swiitch Sport
But...to feel complete I still beed at least another Fire Embelm, another Xenoblade, Metroid Prime 4, BOTW2 and a brand new IP "core oriented" (not to discount their Labo/Garage projects, but something in line with ARMS, or Astral Chain or Geist, or Pandora's Tower)

A new Mario Kart ; _ ;

Crazy how the series has gone such a long ass time without an actual new entry. Switch 2 can't come soon enough.

Few more.

New Mario 2D game
New Donkey Kong game
Wii Sports or other casual motion based sports game
Nintendogs

nothing is needed for it to feel complete for me at this point , i still want a tomodachi life , rhythm heaven , style savvy, a new nintendogs , a new advance wars and famicom detective club , new 2d zelda , new 2d mario and kid icarus uprising 2 , but all of that is obviously just icing!

A new Panel de Pon is what's needed most.

I'm thinking they could make the next one a crossover with The Chessmaster

images

A new Star Fox that isn’t just some kind of remake of 64.
Maybe a traditional 2D Mario with a new art style and power ups/mechanic.
F-Zero. Please. PLEASE!!
Kid Icarus. Uprising was a lot of fun and with Smash Bros. stuff done, maybe now we can finally get a sequel or something.

After this year, Switch has a really well rounded library. Like this year we saw 2D Metroid, WarioWare, Mario Golf, Pokemon Snap, Famicom Detective Club, Advance Wars, and Big Brain Academy all come to the Switch. Feels like the door's wide open for anything to stage a comeback.

F-Zero would be my 'big' one and would cement the Switch as my favourite console ever.
Pretty much this. GameCube is still my favorite because we got a classic f-zero game. I don’t see this happening though. Just give us a damn remaster Nintendo.

-New Star Fox
-New DK (either 2d or 3d)
-A second new Fire Emblem
-A second new 3d Zelda (already happening obv.)
-Prime 4 (again, already confirmed)
-A second new 3d Mario (wonder if this'll even happen or if it'll be saved for Switch 2??)
-And dare I say... a new F-Zero 👀

A new onrailsh StarFox.

A new - Spritebased 2D Mario Bros game. SMB 4 or something.

Eternal Darkness. The answer is always Eternal Darkness.

The real answer is Kid Icarus though

Honestly? None. All the franchises we expect from a Nintendo console in 2021 are here. The rest is wishful thinking. Do wish though! It's important. I want a new Star Fox, for example.

A new Donkey Kong, a new Mario Kart, a new core-oriented IP(preferably single player focused but with multiplayer too). I can see Star Fox happening but don't think of the Switch as incomplete without it.

Honestly? None. All the franchises we expect from a Nintendo console in 2021 are here. The rest is wishful thinking. Do wish though! It's important. I want a new Star Fox, for example.
And while you are all wishing for Star Fox, please add in another wish for Wave Race.

The rumor of a 3D Donkey Kong from the Mario Odyssey team in Tokyo really made me wish for something I didn't know I wanted. Can it be real please?

Last edited:
Donkey Kong for sure. While MK8 still felt fresh enough on the Switch, TF had Funky Mode to separate it from its Wii U iteration.

Donkey Kong and Swiitch Sports are the obvious ones. The absence of the latter is especially baffling as I've said before.

The concept of a "complete" generation is a little bit silly though. Especially because I don't understand how Forgotten Land makes it any more complete than Star Allies.

Donkey Kong. Tropical freeze just isn’t enough for the switch to feel complete

We really need a separate racing game from Mario Kart whether Excite, F-Zero, Wave Race, Starfox, 1080, whatever. That still feels missing to me.

Oh god I'd bring back almost any Nintendo franchise.
Still the one that would make me happier is a modern take on Starfox, even if it sounds like blasphemy, enough with the onrail shooter (we already have Sin and Punishment for that).

Also, Donkey Kong.
And F-Zero
And Excite Truck 2 (or Wave Race)
1080 would be cool too though

New DK game, preferably 3D. I would also love to get a new and reinvented Star Fox game.

Literally, DK considering it's been missing on the Switch and has been on every Nintendo platform in terms of new games.

If the Switch doesn't get a new DK it will feel incomplete.

I would love to see a new Donkey Kong and Star Fox. My answer would be Kid Icarus, but that wouldn't be realistic considering Sakurai just finished Smash.

A new Donkey Kong would be excellent. There being a 3D Kirby makes me think it'd be 3D as well. I think EPD in general is done with the 2D entries for a while.

A traditional Star Fox, or a Star Fox in the style of Assault would be excellent.

Back
Top Bottom