• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What is the best way to get a New 3DS console in Europe?

SharkY055

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!
Please excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong category; this is the first post I make on this site.
I would like to ask for your help regarding the purchase of a New 3DS console.
I've been on the lookout for one for the past several weeks on local sites and game shops, however all I could find were some old and overpriced models.

Could anyone please share their experiences of acquiring a New 3DS in the last few years? I'm open to ordering from Ebay or other sites as well, since I do not see a way to acquire one locally. Is even getting a New 3DS worth it in the first place, or should I settle for the basic model?
As for the cost, what price range do you think is ideal for a used one that is in good condition? The ones I've found locally were sold for approx. 130-150 euros.

Thank you very much for the answers!

As in a non-XL version?

Yeah, you're probably going to have to pay a premium for that, they originally retailed for 170 Eur at launch and didn't sell astoundingly so were discontinued ages before the other new 3DS models.

Even with online play shutting down soon, it's still worth getting a n3DS over an original one, imo.

edit:Though thinking about it, there's one upside, and just the one, to the original models, and that's the circle pad pro, which is far better as a second stick than the nub that replaced it, for the small handful of games that used it. Standouts being the 3DS monster hunters, Resident Evil Revelations and Majora's Mask 3D.

Last edited:
As in a non-XL version?

Yeah, you're probably going to have to pay a premium for that, they originally retailed for 170 Eur at launch and didn't sell astoundingly so were discontinued ages before the other new 3DS models.

Even with online play shutting down soon, it's still worth getting a n3DS over an original one, imo.

edit:Though thinking about it, there's one upside, and just the one, to the original models, and that's the circle pad pro, which is far better as a second stick than the nub that replaced it, for the small handful of games that used it. Standouts being the 3DS monster hunters, Resident Evil Revelations and Majora's Mask 3D.
Thank you very much for your answer!
Online play isn't really something I need or want, there are quite a few used copies available to purchase at my local store, so I'm just mainly looking for the best possible system :) !
It seems like the N3DS is the best choice by far, I hope that I'll manage to find a deal in the foreseeable future!

Do you have CEX in your country? I find them pretty reliable for 2nd hand consoles in the UK. Bought my OG 2DS, Wii & Vita from there.

I got mine (a2DSXL) over an app called Wallapop which is pretty popular in Spain. Otherwise, CEX and second-hand stores (cash converters?) could be a safe-ish bet

Back
Top Bottom