• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club What games are you dropping for TotK?

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Tears of the Kingdom is the biggest Nintendo game in years, and that means inevitably some games are gonna fall by the wayside. What games are you not playing because of Zelda this weekend?

SMT III: Nocturne. Which is my game of the forever and I've been playing it non stop since release (really!). But the apocalypse is inevitable so it can wait while I play TotK.

Not dropping Live A Live because I’m at the end but I’m going to slow down on it to get some Tears time in

Anno 1800, been playing like crazy over the last few months but the time of Zelda has come.

Technically Advance Wars 2 since I had just beaten the first game, but that was the plan anyway.

I managed to finish everything I wanted to before hand.

I still have the last case of The Great Ace Attorney to finish, but that’s for another day. Another month, really.

I've had my fun with Pokemon Scarlet after catching Chesnaught just a few minutes before midnight yesterday, but I'm not returning to Paldea save for future seven star raids/DLC.

Technically also Bayonetta 3, but that was also put on hold when Scarlet dropped like two weeks after it released. I still have yet to start Bayonetta Origins despite getting it at launch, too 🙃

Good thread idea lol.

I'm dropping Advance Wars 2 (I'm on the final battle, too...)

I'm also dropping Octopath Traveler II and Persona 3 Portable.

...also, in a sense, I'm dropping Fire Emblem Engage, even though I haven't played it in about two months.

My plan was to play dragon quest V before totk.
Then they released future redeemed and so I had so little time left I just waited for Zelda.
I will play it after I'm finished with Zelda which I don't know when it will happen.

I was only dipping in and out of Advance Wars as I knew this was coming so I didn’t have anything big on the go. Will restart AW later this year.

Nothing, rolled credits on Dungeon Encounters about 3 hours before TotK went live. Very nearly didn't make it in time.

Chained Echoes remains dropped after I stopped playing it and poured 50 hours into Advance Wars Reboot Camp in 2 weeks. This week I returned to Sunbreak and finally got a Basarios pallium to finish my Seething Bazelgeuse armour set, which I managed last night.

Zelda hasn't arrived today, but I'm also ill, so I'm not sure if any gaming is in the agenda tonight.

Nothing. It probably would have been Advance Wars but since we got surprised by the XB3 DLC I actually canceled my pre-order of AW to play the DLC so I had nothing to play last weekend since I didn't want to start a new game this close to Zelda.

Good thread idea lol.
It was @Barely Able ’s idea!

I was gonna push through the INTERmission DLC for FF7R before starting Zelda, but after putting an hour into it yesterday, my enthusiasm isn’t very high for it. The DLC puts you back at square one (figuratively, anyway), and I find myself wanting to speed through it to get to Zelda. And that’s no way to experience something. So I think I’ll set Yuffie’s adventure aside and come back to it at another time.

Nothing. I finished the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion last night, just in time. I wanted a clean slate for TofK, no distractions.

BT9zX04.gif

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. I’ll pick it back up when the final update drops next month. I already have over 500 hours in the game so I’m not missing too much.

NONE!

because I didn't start any in anticipation 🥴 wouldn't have been able to give them a fair chance while thinking about TotK 24/7

I think that many of the games on my slate will provide good counterbalances to ToTK, except for Persona 5 Royal. I'm after the first dungeon, and it has already been pushed aside for Octopath Traveler II. I know I'll finish it by 2025 probably lol. It's okay though, the game tells you to take your time!

Nothing! Seriously nothing. I was done with my previous 2 games, Advance Wars and Trinity Trigger more than a week before I started TotK. Last two days I was messing around in WWE 2K23 on Steam Deck. Quite a barren schedule we're having right now on Switch and it's not gonna improve after TotK...

Not directly dropping any games since I finished Future Redeemed right in time, but I dropped Octopath 2 for that and Harvestella for Octopath 2 so there's a bit of a daisy chain there I'll need to collapse eventually (both those games are great and I do plan to finish them, they just got deprioritized)

Or extend with Pikmin when that comes out, one or the other

Last edited:
I've been playing New Horizons again. I'm not really happy with the game but I've had the urge to play something like Animal Crossing where you go in and piddle around. I've decorated and redecorated and redecorated and campsite reset off and on since the game came out. Thing is, even with TotK out, I still have a strong desire to play a game like that so I'll probably still play it from time to time.

Advance Wars, Blaster Master Zero 3 and Star Wars Jedi Survivor are all games I'll get to in probably a month now lol.

None, am currently playing two others games and I am very obsessive so until I finish at least 1 of them, Tears of the Kingdom won't be played

Managed to beat Octopath 2 before it came out so I'm good and Zelda will get my full attention for now. I'll probably end up putting TotK itself on hold for Street Fighter 6 and maybe some Diablo 4 gaming when those come out soon though.

Advance Wars and Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel are tuned down for Tears of the Kingdom. And Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed is delayed. A lot going on for Switch right now :)

The "What Ya Playing this Weekend Fami?" thread is looking different!

Uhh I finished almost all the games I wanted to prior to TOTK. Hi-Fi Rush is still there. I'll get to it before the end of the year though.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Technically I beat it the night before but holding off on platinum

Breath of the Wild and A Link Between Worlds are the games I was playing that I have stopped for Tears of the Kingdom. Additionally if it wasn't for TOTK I would probably be engaging with the Diablo IV server slam this weekend.

None! I'm actually doing the opposite. I got my copy of TotK in yesterday, but I'm going to finish Advance Wars 2 first. I can't just abandon the people of Green Earth to the mercy of Black Hole! Hyrule will have to wait.

Even though I knew there was no way I was going to finish it before Zelda, a couple of weeks back I started playing Yakuza: Like A Dragon on Steam. I don't plan on dropping it completely but Ichiban is going to be chilling for a while. He's a gamer though so I'm sure he understands.

Back
Top Bottom