• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions What do you think the Switch 2 Big Launch Game Will be?

What will be the Switch 2 Launch Game?

• Mario Odyssey 2

Votes: 100 64.5%
  • Metroid Prime 4

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • New Smash Bros

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • New 2d Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Donkey Kong

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • New Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 9.7%

• Total voters
I think this will be the launch of a revamped Smash Brothers. My head canon states they are going to move to a power stone type game instead of the traditional 2d platform fighter standard they have. Why? Well ya can't just make another EVERYONE IS HERE game. Especially if everyone won't be there this time. Perfect time to do it. Console launch, there are like three other games to play, why not try the new smash bros?

I think this will be the launch of a revamped Smash Brothers. My head canon states they are going to move to a power stone type game instead of the traditional 2d platform fighter standard they have. Why? Well ya can't just make another EVERYONE IS HERE game. Especially if everyone won't be there this time. Perfect time to do it. Console launch, there are like three other games to play, why not try the new smash bros?
I don’t mind the premise of an arena fighter with Nintendo characters; just don’t call it Super Smash Bros. If the gameplay is going to be that dramatically different, it’s a completely new game.

There are any number of ways to advance Super Smash Bros. without retreading “Everyone is Here!” which wouldn’t carry the same weight anyway.

Of course they gonna launch with one or more of their premiere characters in a new game, which I think will definitely be Mario.

But what I would really like is the big introduction of a fresh new IP with a big push from Nintendo on the new system, the way they pushed Splatoon.

I got a feeling a new Animal Crossing will make it to launch, I wish 3D Mario would be at launch however I feel like that going to be within the first year of the system.

That peach game didn’t get a title, and I’m thinking it’s because the title includes whatever key word is used in the next switch’s name.

Some sort of Pokémon game. Too soon for gen 10 but I’m not ruling out a mystery dungeon or black/white remake.

Sushi striker way of the sushido 2 because why not.

I got a feeling a new Animal Crossing will make it to launch, I wish 3D Mario would be at launch however I feel like that going to be within the first year of the system.
Wouldn't 3D Mario be more likely? We haven't seen a large project from the devs since 2017.

Easiest question ever. 3D Mario. Metroid Prime is either launch day as well, or like 3-4 weeks later.

Either a 3d Mario or a new Mario kart. Probably the former since historically Mario karts usually show up in the first year but a little bit after launch.

3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4 will be the big headlining launch day exclusives.

There is literally nothing else that could potentially make it in time for a November 2024 launch now, as all of Nintendo's other internal studios and key partners have released a major title within the last year or two and won't have anything ready in time.

Back
Top Bottom