• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What Are You Playing This Weekend, Fami? | 11/4 - 11/6 |

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
tumblr_ox6hk6rJdt1wcm85vo1_500.gif

IT'S THE WEEKEND, FAM.
WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING?

I've got a lot to do this weekend so my gaming time might be limited, but I still wanna try and get some time in!
FFVII-00711-Gold-Saucer-Cinematic.png

FINAL FANTASY VII (NSW)

I've slowed down a lot on my playthrough. I'm worried that FF7 is gonna get lost in the holiday gaming chaos that's about to be unleashed. Hopefully not! I'm at the part where you have to get back up to the Golden Saucer after recruiting Cait Sith.

070220-Iron-Man-VR-Sony-Image-1-400x254.jpg

IRON MAN VR (QUEST 2)

Iron Man just came out for Quest 2 and I'm gonna dive in. It looks really cool and I'm excited to start!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tell us what you're playing! We wanna know!

Finishing Bayonetta 3. Then I might do a small DLC trip with Xenoblade 3 and Citizen Sleeper.

I will be playing football. Go touch grass, nerds.

gonna be out and about so might just do some runs in Slay the Spire

I've been playing Valfaris from my backlog. It's an awesome game that's been kicking my arse, but I'm almost at the end.

TEAM GRASS

Also Dark Souls III with my stepdad.

It's my birthday weekend so I'm also going to spend most of Saturday tinkering with some cool music production toys I got.

The unrelenting tear through Persona 5 Royal continues after getting unstuck on a boss this morning! No other games, but I am gonna try and pick out a JRPG to play next. From DQXIS to Xenoblade 3 to P5R, I’m on a roll

Same as last weekend with Mario + Rabbids, Bayo 3 and Persona
Persona definitely has me hooked atm so my progress through the other two is pretty slow

Last edited:
Two important weekend updates:

• My water softener is broken, so I will be playing the game of Finding A Good Price On A Unit and Install as well
  • My reserved copy of Live A Live is ready at the library! May need to ease up on P5R a bit after all, to fit this one in.

Lovely to see everyone playing Royal! I actually never finished it so should go back to it, but P5 is one of my favourites of last gen.

I'll put in some more Ring Fit - made it past day 100 and it's started recognizing my mountain climbers more readily! I've also gotten better at boat poses so feel like I'm getting back some core strength I'd lost from inactivity. Feeling bummed out that the hot dragon has unsubtly hinted at having a crush on Allegra in NG+, I thought we had something!

I've also been thinking of revisiting my Animal Crossing town, and I've finally downloaded God of War. I wonder how long it will sit on my PS4 before I actually try it!

Well, I got Tales of Arise for dirt cheap, so I'm playing that now. DQ VIII is on pause, but I'll try to play both of them quasi-simultaneously.

Crikey, so many RPGs and so little time.

Hopefully finishing Bayomecha Bayonetta 2 and then back to getting my scrub on in Splatoon 3 for SplatFest season is here

Splatoon 3, and an unexpected surprise: Code of Princess.

Got my 3DS back and wanted to play something different. Got curious about Code of Princess a while ago, so here we go.

I have a free weekend, so plenty of time to enjoy Mario and Rabbids 2! Just reached the third world last night.

Given that I just sank 5 hours into it without a break, I guess I’ll be playing Harvestella

I picked up Harvestella, Persona 5 Royal, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, and Bayonetta 3 this week, not sure which one I'll start first (not Bayonetta 3 since I actually still need to finish 2). Will likely dip into Harvestella or Mario + Rabbids first, but won't have too much time for games this weekend, at least until Sunday.

I am done with the October games. So I might actually take a break from gaming this weekend. But if I have some downtime, I might jump back into No Man's Sky.

Finishing up Bayonetta 3 (maybe tonight?) and then knocking out Sonic Colors Ultimate (PS5 via PS4 BC) since Frontiers drops in a few days.

and then hopefully finishing the last stupid boss in Scarlet Nexus (Gamepass PC) for Kasane's story lol. Jumping across all the platforms!

P5R, Chaos;Head NoAH, Blue Reflection Second Light, and I’m currently eyeing Harvestella and No Man’s Sky.

I'll be going to school, hanging out with my friends, trying out the the burger challenge, and calling my teacher over in a maid outfit (if I have the guts for it).

I already finished bayonetta and just today finished Little Witch Nobeta... so I really don't have anything to play. Maybe I'll just replay some missions in FEW3H

Finished Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn this week. Just started up P5R. I also have been playing Warzone for the past few months with college friends at 6 AM on weekends. Good thing it’s free because I wouldn’t pay for it, but about the only time I get without distraction with them. I got a pink dual sense this last week and we actually won last Sunday. I’m considering it luck for getting the pink controller.

Splatoon 3, and an unexpected surprise: Code of Princess.

Got my 3DS back and wanted to play something different. Got curious about Code of Princess a while ago, so here we go.
Lol enjoy the Ace+ music. I love it, they practically copied the entire form, chord progression, and style of Xenoblade's music and just wrote new melodies.

Still sounds excellent, but it's hilarious. You could tell it was a rushed job from them.

Just played the tutorial and the first mission in Iron Man VR. What an experience! The flight controls take some getting used to but they’re more intuitive than you’d think. Blasting things with repulsers is very satisfying. Moving around a 3D space with full locomotion in VR hasn’t caused me to immediately vomit like I was afraid it might.

This is the most “traditional” game I’ve played in VR so far, and I’m not disappointed.

Been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley and Potionomics, so that and will most likely start Bayonetta 3.

I had some coins left and decided to try Needy Streamer overload and the writing is killing me. I'm becoming an expert at dealing with comments in streams.

Also this bit of knowledge changes everything:

KAmFs2Z.jpg

If I play anything it'll be Persona 5 Royal - my last chance to get further in before God of War Ragnarok and then Pokémon Violet, although I am confident I'll return to this one - but in more exciting news I may finally start building my gaming PC!

Finished Bayonetta 3 on Thursday, so I resumed Xenoblade Chronicles 3 yesterday and will likely keep sinking my time into it around watching a lot of sports.

Given I keep finding yet more side content, and given I'm happy to keep playing, I doubt I'll be done with XBC 3 any time soon. I might start either Sparks of Hope or Pikmin 3 to play alongside it.

I probably won't be playing much this weekend, just procrastinating before entering the castle in Final Fantasy 8. You lose your ability to
save
once you're in the castle so I'll wait until I have more time to finish the game.

Dicey Dungeons! Lots and lots of dungeon dicing as we progress in the last rounds. It's so challenging and satisfying, even when we lose I love it.

I am a broken record at this point. Still making it through Xenoblade Chronicles 3, with 110 hours clocked midway through chapter 6.

Playing games this length with kids is the greatest challenge.

Finishing up Arkham Knight on PC, I also started Apex Legends for some reason so we’ll see how that goes depending on how toxic people are based on how bad I am lol.

I would also like to play some Super Robot Wars J on my DS and continue with my Katana Zero playthrough on Switch. I’m really just waiting for Tactics Ogre for Switch next week.

Banjo Kazooie! Started it for the Halloween challenge, gonna knock out another world or two at 100% and beat it soon enough.

Grounded / Sea of Thieves - continuing to pick away at these with my friends when we have time to play together.

Something else on Switch TBD.

The plan was to farm conch shells in Splatoon 3, and catch up on Sumeru story in Genshin Impact. Earlier today I randomly felt like actually playing one of those N64 games I have with NSO, so I also went through the first three worlds of Kirby 64.

Back
Top Bottom