• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic WarioWare: Move It! |ST| Mario all work. Wario all play!

Picked up the game earlier today, finally getting around to playing it. I’m only up to remix 1, but I’m replaying the previous stages for high scores to get more used to the motion controls.

I’m enjoying the game overall, but I do think that the microgames lacking a unified theme for each stage (at least the first five) is a little disappointing. Not having the games be split into “That’s Life”, “Fantasy”, “Sports” etc just kind of leads to the stages feeling a little too homogeneous for me, even if the forms you play them with are different. I know Smooth Moves was similar in that regard, and I didn’t really like it then either.

Last edited:
Played story mode with my husband earlier and had an absolute blast. Seeing other people do the poses is really half the fun.

Pretty great time so far, like it a lot more than GIT (which was still decent).

Picked up the game earlier today, finally getting around to playing it. I’m only up to remix 1, but I’m replaying the previous stages for high scores to get more used to the motion controls.

I’m enjoying the game overall, but I do think that the microgames lacking a unified theme for each stage (at least the first five) is a little disappointing. Not having the games be split into “That’s Life”, “Fantasy”, “Sports” etc just kind of leads to the stages feeling a little too homogeneous for me, even if the forms you play them with are different. I know Smooth Moves was similar in that regard, and I didn’t really like it then either.
Yeah, it definitely hurts the theming a bit, but at the same time, it's probably necessary to pace our the forms this way because introducing more than 2 or 3 per stage could get pretty annoying and would make them more difficult to learn. It just doesn't seem very avoidable for this control style.

“Solidarity with the island crocodiles” is my favorite line in the game so far lol.

Having a great time overall. This is definitely the Smooth Moves sequel I wanted and I like that the games regularly enough take advantage of two joy cons instead of just one. Some of the games are awkward to figure out, but that’s part of the fun.

Edit: I finished the main game, that was an excellent ending! I adored it was another dancing game for the finale and at parts throughout. I also really dug the Nintendo minigame section. This game definitely lives up to its title of Move It! as it is much more demanding than Smooth Moves. One of the post game modes, which I’m currently 100 points short of clearing, really emphasizes how wild it gets. I think I’m done for today, but I’m interested in challenging it again tomorrow.

Edit 2: Actually wanted to give it another go after all and I did clear it. That was intense! Stuck on the full minigame pool challenge, but I’ll give it another go tomorrow.

Last edited:
I haven't unlocked any "post-game" modes except Megagame Muscles and Pyoro, what am I missing? 🤔 I've unlocked every microgame, don't see the normal variety modes...

Edit: oh, I just had to score a higher score on the first one there, duh

Last edited:
Finished up the game and had some fun with it, but overall I definitely think Get it Together was more enjoyable to me. I realize that game doesn't seem very beloved in a lot of places so it's been interesting seeing the contrast with this, where a lot of folks see it as a return to form. I really liked the variety of ways to interact with Microgames in GiT, even if it did take away a lot from the simplicity of the series. Gold is still the best in the entire series, I'd say, followed by Touched. It's a real shame that the humor and story setups from Gold haven't yet been topped; that was the game that made me actually LOVE the WarioWare cast rather than simply like them.

I think I just prefer my WarioWares with more emphasis on single player content. I'll definitely whip this one out once in a while at parties or when I feel like playing something more active, but I can already feel myself dropping this one earlier than I would have liked.

I finished all of the main post game modes including the shooter (which was quite cool as it built off one of my favorite microgames here). The full microgame shuffle is definitely the best of the bunch with the exercise one as the most interesting. Not too interested in unlocking all of the microgames, but I guess it’d be fun enough to do so and it looks like there is one last unlockable tied to it with Pyoro.

Edit: I forgot exactly how much of a pain waiting for that last microgame in a set to drop can be so I think I’m good lol. Still had a great time overall and I always could go back if I feel like it. But yeah done for now.

Last edited:
Honestly I still can't believe Get It Together is looked at as some kind of departure from "traditional" WarioWare gameplay, it's just playing microgames with a cursor as the gimmick. I think it may be my favourite but then again I really appreciate the genius of DIY and Gold is undeniable packed full of content.

This game is decent enough, honestly the controls seem exactly as reliable as they were on the Wii really. I'd only really knock it for how weirdly light on extras it is.

Honestly I still can't believe Get It Together is looked at as some kind of departure from "traditional" WarioWare gameplay, it's just playing microgames with a cursor as the gimmick. I think it may be my favourite but then again I really appreciate the genius of DIY and Gold is undeniable packed full of content.

This game is decent enough, honestly the controls seem exactly as reliable as they were on the Wii really. I'd only really knock it for how weirdly light on extras it is.

I wouldn't say GIT is like, this crazy departure from the usual, bit the game feel was very different for me at least. Still enjoyed it a fair bunch, but I do prefer what Move It is doing.

That said, Gold still tops the series for me based in how packed it was. It felt like you basically kept unlocking stuff forever. The entire card game thing after you have done the rest of the game was incredibly expansive, and became basically its own game.

I wonder if at some point Gold was basically pitched at the last warioware game ever, because it does feel like they threw everything they could in as a celebration of the series itself. And that was very neat.

With that said, even if Move It feels light on extras, the party modes for multiplayer sound excellent at least from the description.

Got to the credits, what a fun little sequence. I admit my eyes usually glaze over when I see a wall of names, I guess the secret to keeping me engaged is attaching each person’s favorite food alongside them and give my arms something to do lol

Outside of a couple forms I really don’t enjoy, I had a good time! Doesn’t surpass Gold for me, and the party modes unfortunately aren’t something I’ll get much use out of, but I will always support this wacky series. :)

Maybe my joycons suck, but I've been struggling with some of the motion controls. I think I need to just keep trying though.
Any time I’ve had issues with the motion controls, I’ve found that it’s because I’m just not doing the motions right. It can be tricky to figure out since figuring out exactly what you’re supposed to do for each microgame is a core part of the game but it’s less clear here than past WarioWare games because the Forms only really serve as a starting point, with many microgames doing very different things with the same form.

For example, I kept failing at the microgame where you have to dry clothes by shaking them, but my partner never had any issues; turns out I was going about it the wrong way—instead of just shaking wildly, you have to actually shake it just like you’re shaking out wet clothes! It can be very specific in how you have to move the Joy-Con, and finding out exactly how to move them is part of the experience!

Generally I’ve found that mimicking the real life action that the game wants you to do as naturally as possible is the way to go. It can kinda trip you up, though, especially if you’re used to Smooth Moves—but the motion controls are much more sophisticated here, so don’t treat the Joy-Con like they’re just Wii Remotes!

Overall this game probably has the most complex microgames in the series, which can be a double edge sword, since they can be not super intuitive and in my case more than a few times I had to go to the microgame gallery to see how they worked, and yhat goes against the factor of being easy to pick up and play of Wario Ware, but in the long run makes dominating the microgames satisfying.

Maybe my joycons suck, but I've been struggling with some of the motion controls. I think I need to just keep trying though.

Any time I’ve had issues with the motion controls, I’ve found that it’s because I’m just not doing the motions right. It can be tricky to figure out since figuring out exactly what you’re supposed to do for each microgame is a core part of the game but it’s less clear here than past WarioWare games because the Forms only really serve as a starting point, with many microgames doing very different things with the same form.

For example, I kept failing at the microgame where you have to dry clothes by shaking them, but my partner never had any issues; turns out I was going about it the wrong way—instead of just shaking wildly, you have to actually shake it just like you’re shaking out wet clothes! It can be very specific in how you have to move the Joy-Con, and finding out exactly how to move them is part of the experience!

Generally I’ve found that mimicking the real life action that the game wants you to do as naturally as possible is the way to go. It can kinda trip you up, though, especially if you’re used to Smooth Moves—but the motion controls are much more sophisticated here, so don’t treat the Joy-Con like they’re just Wii Remotes!

Basically what @Tye said. The motion controls are a bit more strict as to how you have to move them, instead of waggling just working. This trips me up in a lot of minigames at first (Anything with the chicken form I rarely get right on the first try) , but once you figure them out, they are easy.

There’s a select few I never figured out, but a lot of them were just making sure I had the proper form at the start. The game is very particular if you have the controller held upside down or not in particular and then if it wants you to tilt, move, or rotate. A good number of the games you can fudge the form/motion for if you know what it will ask of you though that can be a big gamble depending on how big the microgame pool is.

Can I play the whole game in coop with only 2 Joy-Cons (one per player)? Will I miss anything?
No, each player needs two Joy-Con to play co-op in Story mode (though each player only uses one Joy-Con in Party mode).

How are the joycons this game? Do they work as well as the wii mote did in smooth moves
They work better than the Wii Remote did in Smooth Moves!

How are the joycons this game? Do they work as well as the wii mote did in smooth moves
I'd say better but you really have to grab the joycons perfectly as they show it to you, including the direction the buttons should face, if you have some somewhat major difference the controls will likely fail.

Oh no! I’m part of the problem. Tbh it’s just such a busy year for games.. I’m hopeful this will have legs

I'm having fun when the joycons work. Not as good as Smooth Moves but very fun.

The problem is they only work 75% of the time. I hate them so much, they're outright faulty and the worse controller Nintendo has ever made. This is like Skyward Sword's issue where the motion controls worked 95% of the time, except way worse because the Joycons are shit compared to the Wiimote.

I don't like the sales. I need more Warioware in my life. Maybe it's the time of release. This is better than Get it together and maybe even the best one in the series.

And about the joycons. I think they work 100% if you do it right. But that is lot to ask all the time cause you have to change your pose sometimes very quickly. I think thats the problem with some people. (And with me sometimes)

Last edited:
I'm having fun when the joycons work. Not as good as Smooth Moves but very fun.

The problem is they only work 75% of the time. I hate them so much, they're outright faulty and the worse controller Nintendo has ever made. This is like Skyward Sword's issue where the motion controls worked 95% of the time, except way worse because the Joycons are shit compared to the Wiimote.
I have commented this a few other times, but first make sure you are grabbing the joy-cons exactly as they showed them to you, and that includes minimal details like the direction they should be facing (if they should be facing left but you have them facing the floor they will likely not work), and even then if you still feel the controls are not woking in some microgames, try testing the microgame on the gallery, because it happened to me a few times that I thought the controls were not working, but it was actually that the command was not super intuitive and the motion I was doing was not the one needed.

With that info I think the controls have genuinely failed me like, 5% of the time, mostly on Ashley and Jimmy's boss microgame sadly.

Back
Top Bottom