• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour VGC - Konami plans to have a "pretty big E3", new Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake are expected to be there.

New Castlevania is something I've wanted for so long, although Bloodstained filled that role quite well. I'm excited, but also a bit worried what they might do with it.

Curious to see what a modern Castlevania would look like. I don't have much faith, but I'll be happy to be wrong.

Goemon Collection too please. 🙏

Whatever modern konami can come up with for castlevania, will be a shallow imitation of whatever Bloodstained is doing, for both classic and igavania flavours, so I'm good, thanks.

I won't be happy about a new Castlevania until I know it's good. The last good entry was Order of Ecclesia.

As for MGS, I'd rather have the old games available, let's see what happens.

Very curious what they are doing with Castlevania, if its 3D or 2D…

I imagine they will remake all 5 main MGS entries little by little in chronological order (3, PW, 1, 2, 4) for current gen systems. Sadly Konami hasn’t show too much interested in porting MGS5 to Switch or PS5/XSeries :(

Last edited:
It kind of annoys me that they'd just remake Metal Gear Solid 3. I get that these days it's probably the entry with the most clout with MGS2 being a close second, but like, Metal Gear Solid 1 is so clunky in a lot of ways and 4 is stuck on the PS3.

Sure I'd love to believe but are we really going to get excited about this after multiple years of "metroid prime trilogy coming soon i promise! 100%" "TP WW HD will be out soon!!!" ?

3 is my second favorite Metal Gear Solid game behind the original. I'd love to see a remake, but I hope that the rest of the series can become accessible. Outside of MGS V, the entire franchise is locked to the PS360 gen and before, which is a shame.

I'm not a big Castlevania fan (only finished the first game), but I would love to see it continue as it is a classic franchise.

Konami has been making some good moves with their classic library in recent years. Hopefully this turnaround continues.

My excitement for a new Castlevania will depend entirely on who's making it.

M2 (CV: Rebirth) or Inticreates (Bloodstained COTM and its sequel) for another classic-style foray? Sure, that'd be great.
Calling Good-Feel (houses a lot of Konami Kobe ex-pats, who made CV64/LOD and Circle of the Moon) for old time's sake? That'd be cool.
Summoning Team Ninja (my preference) or another capable developer to realize CV as a dark fantasy action rpg masocore/soulslikewise? You'd have my attention, and my hopes for something that could be a sustainable flagship for the brand, along with maybe some of either of the above as nice accompaniments.

I would also rather want a MGS1 remake, but I'm not surprised. MGS3 makes the more sense, sales wise. It's a much bigger game, and it's probably the most popular one.

If they remade MGS1 very faithfully, I don't think the general audience would find it worth 70 or 80$.

Now they could go the RE2make or FF7 remake route and take much more liberty gameplay wise, add new segments to the game, etc. But I'm not sure I would be interested in a MGS1 remake that plays like MGS4 or 5. What makes it so unique to this day and makes it my second favorite in the series to this day is how it plays, its top down infiltration gameplay. Which is why I would have prefered the 3DS to get a faithful remake of MGS1 instead of 3, would have been so much cooler and more appropriated for the buttons layout of the console. (And its technical capabilities, even if MGS3D is really really impressive)

So yeah, as far as I'm concerned, bring the MGS3 remake, it could go for a smoother gameplay experience nowadays.

It kind of annoys me that they'd just remake Metal Gear Solid 3. I get that these days it's probably the entry with the most clout with MGS2 being a close second, but like, Metal Gear Solid 1 is so clunky in a lot of ways and 4 is stuck on the PS3.
They remade mgs1 already!

I don't buy that no collection thing. It's been rumored for a while now, even the VAs teased something. We'll get them, along with the remake.
Here's what I'm predicting for CV

• 3D
  • Outsourced to a Western studio
  • PS5/X Series/PC, no Switch version
Why no Switch version? Lords of Shadow had a 3DS version and it was better than the real thing. No way Konami ignores Switch with CV, especially after the Advance collection sold best there.

My guess is they have transformed the previously announced Bloodstained 2 to a proper CV game. We haven't heard from it for years now and they didn't do a Kickstarter for it. This might be the best possible outcome for it.

I don't buy that no collection thing. It's been rumored for a while now, even the VAs teased something. We'll get them, along with the remake.

Why no Switch version? Lords of Shadow had a 3DS version and it was better than the real thing. No way Konami ignores Switch with CV, especially after the Advance collection sold best there.

My guess is they have transformed the previously announced Bloodstained 2 to a proper CV game. We haven't heard from it for years now and they didn't do a Kickstarter for it. This might be the best possible outcome for it.

Same reason Tales of Arise skipped Switch despite Vesperia selling best there: Konami is treating this new CV as a "go big or go home" project and are sparing no expenses. That means cutting-edge graphics and that, in turn, means no Switch version.

Wonder if Castlevania is going to be another AAA attempt like lords of shadow, or if it's going to a smaller budgeted 2d Metroidvania game

A new CV would be great. Not sure about 3d, I would think they tackle 2d first.

Also I cant wait for the headline "Konami is back?!" "No more pachinko" or something along those lines lol. Even though they arguably announced their biggest money maker in the JP direct some weeks ago in Momotaro Dentetsu World (maybe it comes west).

Please no Metroidvania or gacha-type spinoff. Gimme Classicvania (HD style) or something altogether new.

Please no Metroidvania or gacha-type spinoff. Gimme Classicvania or something altogether new.
Honestly, and it pains me to say this in some ways since I love the Metroidvania games the most, but a soulsborne Vania could work out really well

MGS3 over MGS1 or 2 (mostly 1) makes plenty of sense if you lower your expectation of what they mean by remake some.

Same reason Tales of Arise skipped Switch despite Vesperia selling best there: Konami is treating this new CV as a "go big or go home" project and are sparing no expenses. That means cutting-edge graphics and that, in turn, means no Switch version.
IIRC, rumours said that next Castlevania is being internally developed inside Konami, so I don’t too many faith that is going to be a multi millon dollar PS5/XSeries only AAA open world RPG title.

My expectation is a 2D game more akin for example to Metroid Dread. I hope to be wrong and be a good convertion of Castlevania formula into a 3D environment, like I talk briefly in general nintendo thread, a mix between Metroid Prime and Dark Souls gameplays with Castlevania aesthetics.

Last edited:
I expect big AAA projects on everywhere but switch cause, you know, there is neither castlevania nor metal gear solid audience on Nintendo systems.

That's how it tends to be with Nintendo platforms, isn't it?

Of course there's an audience for CV on Switch. There's also an audience for Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc and those games still skipped Switch for power reasons.

Open to anything Castlevania, but hoping for small scope, 2D, and level based. Would much rather have the series return with a small, good project than something mediocre.

Hope Castlevania is a 2D Metroidvania.

Rather have the series dead than turned into 3D Soulshit slop like people love suggesting

I’d say another Mercury Steam situation would still be preferable over what they did with Contra recently 😂
Yeaaaaaaaah.

It's funny to think that a MercurySteam with two Metroids under their belt, and time learning from the masters at Nintendo would likely be an even better match for CV now than they were over a decade ago!

konami would be lucky if they could get mercurysteam to make a new sidescroller castlevania after metroid dread

Leave it to Konami to show up to the trade show all of the bigs are ignoring this year

I’d say another Mercury Steam situation would still be preferable over what they did with Contra recently 😂
Yeah that Contra game was just dreadful. Just a whole new game series with the name slapped on for brand recognition. I really hope they do something better with Castlevania when there’s dozens of awesome action platformers/Metroidvanias out there and coming up.

Back
Top Bottom