• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Vanilla replays Animal Crossing New Horizons with his youngest kid

Vanillalite

Bob-omb
So I randomly decided I wanted to replay Animal Crossing on the switch. I played it a lot during the first year like many during the pandemic. Then I fell off hard before the 2.0 update even dropped (I stopped at 1.1).

I also thought hey this is something I could do with my youngest. She’s about to turn 5. So I made sure I still had the game installed and updated. Then I cleared our old save data and rerolled a couple days ago.

So far this has been a blast. I think I might be having even more fun than I had at launch purely because I’m playing with my daughter. She helped me make my character, name our island, decorate etc! First thing she wanted to do after breakfast was check in and see what was happening while it was breakfast time in the game.

She’s also practicing by reading some of the dialogue as well as the date/time and the bells/miles. Being able to cozy with my family has made my play that much more enjoyable. It’s also like all new to her since this is her first AC game. So stuff that might seem mundane is so exciting. My daughter also likes to look out the window to see what’s it’s like outside before we play to see if it’s the same in the game.

Also my oldest kid has a Tom Nook shirt, and she always says hey it’s that guy from big brother’s shirt!

Currently just got our house, blathers just moved in, and we are working on gathering supplies for Timmy and Tommy to get a better shop.

Thanks again Nintendo for allowing me to bond with the family.

Hope you both enjoy it. Are you going to let her play whenever? Those early days in the game have a lot of fun stuff like falling stars as surprises.

This is a wonderful idea, OP! I hope y'all have fun with it. I'm totally going to load up my weed-infested town and visit all my abandoned friends in tribute.

what would be a good first proper gaming experience for my 4 year old
rgllwfn.jpeg

Very cute idea! I've wondered what would be a good first proper gaming experience for my 4 year old. Maybe it's Animal Crossing?

Keep us posted!

I don’t have a 4 year old myself, but I listen to a podcast with a bunch of guys who do have children around that age, and they praised Kirby and the Forgotten Land a lot back in 2022 for being such a great “first proper gaming experience” for their kids. Perhaps that’s another game you should consider too.

This is a wonderful idea, OP! I hope y'all have fun with it. I'm totally going to load up my weed-infested town and visit all my abandoned friends in tribute.
Sure you will. Suuuuuure.

Very cute idea! I've wondered what would be a good first proper gaming experience for my 4 year old. Maybe it's Animal Crossing?
Can't go wrong with Animal Crossing or Kirby!

Can't go wrong with Animal Crossing or Kirby!
A buddy played through Forgotten Land with his 4 year old, I checked in on occasion. It was a blast. Kid wanted to be the character with the name on the title, so Dad played as Bandana Waddle Dee. When the going got really really tough, the kid would ask if Dad wanted to play as Kirby for a while, and they'd swap to get through the hard part.

Kid asked if they could play Zelda together after. I have never seen a man so happy in my life.

Back
Top Bottom