• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour USA Today - Amazon set to buy Electronic Arts, announcement coming today (UPDATE: maybe not? see threadmarks)

It's happening but actually not but it might be probably later and if it doesn't it's someone else

Eurogamer's report on the news mentioned that Apple and some others had expressed interest in EA. I remember earlier reports saying that Wilson is looking to sell but one of the requirements is that he becomes CEO of the joint venture which is kinda "good luck with that buddy" as that's probably going to limit the pool of suitors.

Eurogamer's report on the news mentioned that Apple and some others had expressed interest in EA. I remember earlier reports saying that Wilson is looking to sell but one of the requirements is that he becomes CEO of the joint venture which is kinda "good luck with that buddy" as that's probably going to limit the pool of suitors.
Yeah, I'm curious how that's gonna go for Wilson but it's also one of the reasons why I thought Amazon buying them would make sense. They haven't exactly had a lot of success with their gaming ventures themselves, much easier to leave it to someone more experienced in the field.

Honestly I was expecting Amazon to make a move like this sometime soon. I just thought it'd be Ubisoft they snagged.

Yeah I think Amazon are really keen to make gaming a big part of their Prime offering from now on. While I don't see the likes of FIFA (or whatever they call it next) going exclusive they'll put a metric ton of perks for Prime members into their games to tempt people across. Heck, even a cheaper version of the base FIFA with extra Ultimate Team points for Prime members would be a nice honeytrap they could lay for fans.

Don't trust suits nor people who report on suits.

In other words, expect the unexpected.

I only care if getting sold means their Fifa and Madden games actually get better lol. Fifa is playable but Madden is just a hot mess of garbage. Fifa's issue is more AI related.

I can't wait to register my palm print in Amazon One in order to unlock an exclusive car in Need for Speed 2025

Back
Top Bottom