• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion UK Retailer GAME has listed Persona 3: Reload for Nintendo Switch

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
It looks like the dream aint dead yet as GAME an established retailer in the UK known for their best prices* have listed Persona 3: Reload for NSW.

If this really is being held back for a Direct while 5 Tactica wasn’t I’m going to howl. Atlus is so fucking weird.

Baten Kaitos physical edition is the first thing I've bought from GAME for a solid 14 years, and that's only because it's exclusive to them in the UK.

In other words, they know how to screw over the weebs, so maybe this is true, or maybe it's a ploy to create and then dash hopes.

Reminds me of Swedish GAME (or Gamestop) listed Biomutant for Switch few years ago and everyone used that as an example to not trust them. Turned out Biomutant Switch port had internally delayed from 5 different release dates.

Baten Kaitos physical edition is the first thing I've bought from GAME for a solid 14 years, and that's only because it's exclusive to them in the UK.

In other words, they know how to screw over the weebs, so maybe this is true, or maybe it's a ploy to create and then dash hopes.

£37 on CoolShop and free shipping. I heard it's reliable and I plan to pre order from them once we get a solid date.

Woth the official PR for Persona 5 Tactica...not even Atlus would be THAT weird to leave P3R out just for the sake of it being featured in a Direct

Yes they would, lol.

I can easily envision a reality where they only ponied up whatever Nintendo asks for to be in a direct for the bigger remake and left the smaller spin off to just be off handedly given a platform. I'll only believe it isn't coming If we get through a direct without p3r being announced

I wouldn’t put any faith in Game having info others do not. If Tesco put out a new loaf of bread Game would list it as coming for Switch and PS5.

Doesn’t mean that version won’t be a thing, just that Game is extremely unlikely to have this kind of info before anyone else. They are just guessing.

It doesn't seem like something that couldn't run on Switch, but maybe Atlus knows about a Switch 2 next year and is saving it for a late port.

The Switch can run totk, yet you look at p3r and think that's looks like it would struggle on switch?

It's not that it'd struggle, it's that it'd take time and resources to optimize that Atlus decided they didn't have the dev time for, at least not within it's initial release window for the current Switch hardware specifically.

It's not that it'd struggle, it's that it'd take time and resources to optimize that Atlus decided they didn't have the dev time for, at least not within it's initial release window for the current Switch hardware specifically.
They started dev in 2019 it’s fair to say they definitely had the time.

"we have an audience of 120 million+ users but better save it for an unkown console with no installbase"

seriously?

GAME certainly are not known for their best prices - they're usually the most expensive. I haven't bought from them in years.
And a £5 delivery fee on everything
Even picking it up from the store costs £5. I never use them unless they are my only option

I don’t know if I believe it, but if this ends up being true again for the second year running, what an annoying way to handle it lol

Guess the Xbox marketing deal is one hell of a stranglehold deal.

I guess it makes sense though. Xbox version will need every sale it can get. Switch version will easily outsell without trying.

Back
Top Bottom