• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Treehouse & Warp zone : Why not both.gif

Koren Lesthe

Turrican, Terranigma and ESO lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Can we talk for a second about the "Bonus Level" sub-threads / category thing on Famiboards ?
Like... why ?

Why isn't the "Warp Zone" (the name itself doesn't sound anything like "Retro gaming ONLY" so I -NEVER- clicked on it until today) in the "Player's Pulse" category instead of the Roost ?

The Roost is about anything NOT related to video games.
Pokémon Center is for people who want to meet trainers... so why is it related to side note with the retro gaming threads ?

Maybe we can have :

Treehouse
Warp Zone

The Roost
Pokémon Center

Or... maybe do like it was before and put all retro gaming threads within the treehouse. Like, we have SO MANY remakes / ports / remasters all the time, how are we supposed to talk about it ? The TMNT Cowabunga Collection is in the Warp Zone but not a remaster of a 15 years old game ? Or why is TUNIC, a game released this year, is in the Warp Zone ?! It doesn't make a lot of sense and it also makes it very boring to check multiple threads just to see if people are talking about it in the first one or the third one, under a category under a Pokémon Meeting threads.

I know it's not gonna ruin my life or anything but man I just completely missed tons of threads because it was hidden under a category that not only doesn't spell "Retro stuff only" but also was dug under the "Not video games" and "Pokémon trainers meeting here".

i mean, the retro split at least worked at improving visibility when it was first added. i know quite a few of my research threads got a boost in popularity by getting moved there.

but now it seems like the subforum isn't really getting used all that much. threads on the first page go all the way to July, for one.

Back
Top Bottom