• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Trails To Azure |ST| From Zero To Azure, Let’s Seize The Truth Together Fami!

I've used the cooking mechanic in this game wayyyy more than in Zero. I want to say this game has been harder, I am using more items/orbament strategy versus Zero where I would just spam high level spells and win.

I was complaining about a certain fight earlier, but I actually managed to beat a similar one in the finale!

I was staring at my screen in disbelief when I actually beat Arianrhod. I think I caught a lot of breaks, and it thankfully only took 4 tries. I was more willing to retry this one since the cutscene leading into it isn't very long.

First of all, I had Lloyd as an evasion tank, and had more luck with Arianrhod not jumping all the way across the field to hit my casters. The thing that got me the first couple of tries was not being prepared for her S-Craft, which one-shots everyone except Lloyd (sometimes). Once I got past that first S-Craft, we were in business.

I did mention catching a few breaks. Once the mask came off, she got a lot faster, and I couldn't get a guard up for the casters in time for the S-Craft. Luckily, Lloyd was immune, and I was able to revive everyone while Arianrhod kept focusing on Lloyd. I also brought a LOT of pizza, which gives you 60 CP if you cook the best version of it. With that, I was able to keep using Tio's zero field. Having burst orbs also helped me reset buffs and CP a couple times.

The biggest break of them all, however, was after I ran out of pizza. I figured the S-Craft was coming, and I had to use an item that either restores all CP or takes health down to critical. It gave Tio the CP for zero field and soon after that, I was able to bring Arianrhod down. Oddly enough, this fight seemed easier than Arios, but there was still a lot of luck involved. The biggest point in my favor was that she mostly ignored my faraway party members. It felt great to actually win one of those fights!

Made some decent progress today and ended on fighting the same super boss as Gengar above me. The first half went pretty well on my second attempt, but unfortunately an S-Craft knocked out three of my party members a good ways into the second half and I didn’t quite recover with her speed increase. Without an easy way to retry this part I decided to just move on. I’m not sure what I did differently on my PC playthrough, but like with Arios before her I was able to beat her then. Only Sigmund I wasn’t able to conquer for the super bosses. I forgot to make a back up save before the fight in case I want to retry it (I actually did with Arios a few more times), I’ll look at my autosaves tomorrow.

I managed to get perfect Bonding Points for all the main characters at least so I’m looking forward to seeing all of the final bonding events tomorrow. There’s some I haven’t seen yet so that’s exciting.

I finished Azure last night! I wrote my full, non-spoiler thoughts in the completed games thread, but suffice it to say that from a story perspective, Azure is a fantastic payoff for everything that led up to that point. It might be my favorite Trails game now, but I will have to revisit that thought after some time has passed and see how it holds up.

Regarding combat, I felt like my party was kind of broken by the end, haha. I went for really high ATS/space arts with Wazy, and was able to one shot most mobs with reincarnation. A different party member was constantly dishing out really high physical damage. With Tio and Lloyd, I almost always had some sort of damage protection on everyone. The final boss was still a bit of a challenge, but I never came close to being wiped out. Now that I know a lot more about good equipment/quartz builds than when I first started the series, it would be interesting to replay Cold Steel and see how much easier it is.

I really can't wait for Reverie now. It will be an adjustment since I have gotten used to the Sky/Crossbell graphics, which I actually like more now to be honest. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion. Anyways, when the Reverie release and ST are here, I will be there!

Finish Azure and wow that was a fantastic game. Might write up my complete thoughts later.
I really can't wait for Reverie now. It will be an adjustment since I have gotten used to the Sky/Crossbell graphics, which I actually like more now to be honest. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion.

I agree. After finishing Azure I booted CS 1 and ummm idk, I kinda got really use to the little models and character portraits. I did the Prologue of CS and it has that similar dungeon design that a ton of PS3 rpgs had (looking at you Zesteria), plus the faces are something lol. Ill probably get use to it.

Been playing off and on today and I’m not done for the night, but I wanted to make a post. The details why are behind a spoiler tag on my last post, but I was able to get the hard backup save exactly where I wanted directly from an auto save which was quite cool outside a boss with full HP/EP/CP. I don’t trust autosaves so I virtually never make use of them, but with the way this playthrough has gone where I made choices I didn’t mean to or forgot to save where I should have, it has come in handy quite regularly. The main thrust of my post actually though is that I saw all of the final bonding events just now, a few for the first time!

I’m a little more than 50/50 if I saw Randy’s prior, but yeah it seemed familiar. Seeing why he quit the Red Constellation was great and like a handful of these it’s a shame people can miss out on this cool stuff even if you know some of the broadstrokes from the main story. Wazy’s I hadn’t seen before. That one has some really interesting lore (I hope we see that village one day) and does a good job explaining where some of his personality comes from. I wouldn’t have guessed that’s where Abbas first entered his life either. Elie’s I hadn’t seen before and uh yeah that’s definitely the intended canon romance lol. I’m kind of glad I didn’t unlock it on my PC playthrough, because it definitely changed how I view the rest.

As for the rest, I think the dialogue was definitely altered in a few key spots, since they each feel a tad less romantic? This helped for two of them, Rixia and especially Tio, but felt worse for Noel. Rixia’s backstory is definitely a must see for her character, Lloyd’s role in it though (I’ll replace your father!) is still weird though iirc less badly presented here. Tio’s is still my least favorite which stinks since otherwise Tio is one of my favorite characters. The very weird romance factor is still there, but again iirc thankfully mildly toned down. Noel’s reads more disappointing to me with a lesser romance element. She felt like the only actually viable alternative for Elie to begin with (and I’d prefer if she was the one), but it really feels like Noel’s feelings really blindside Lloyd in this version and he hardly commits here. Shame since it was my favorite one I got on my prior playthrough and Noel is one of my favorite characters.

But yeah anyway, overall outside of Tio’s these are all a lot of fun. In the interest of seeing something different and in properly gearing up for Reverie with the clearly canon choice, I’m picking Elie this time over Noel.

I didn’t get to say it directly earlier, that’s awesome @Gengar and @SirArthur you both beat Azure! I’ll have to peek in the Completed Games thread later for your post Gengar and yeah SirArthur I’d love to see you post your extended thoughts here or in the RPG thread especially! I had been kicking around if I wanted to do about an ST for Reverie or not, but based off the Zero thread and this Azure thread, I decided I definitely wanted to do one for Reverie and later Nayuta. Gengar after seeing your post today, it reminded me to get an ST claim in for Reverie so it’s happening! Also I agree with both of you, the Sky/Crossbell graphics are my favorite in the series, but I do like how Cold Steel III and IV look overall too (1 and 2 looked excellent on Vita at least). One of my favorite things about the Cold Steel games though is how they translate the Sky / Crossbell designs for the world and monsters in particular into 3D.

No big post today, but I’m just shy of 75 hours played (over 80 according to my Switch given my reloads) and I’m fully prepared to enter the final dungeon tomorrow which is exciting. I’ve had an awesome time replaying Azure, but I’m ready to finish my journey either tomorrow or the next day.

A minor thing I can comment on, through the final chapter I love seeing the bits and pieces you get that point to events in the Cold Steel games. It’s not a lot, but it’s still cool seeing how much they had planned for future games.

After 80.5 hours not counting reloads, my Trails To Azure replay is complete! That final dungeon is long and arduous so I probably should have broken it up over two days like I was kicking around, but the final boss and ending were so worth it. A few select parts of the ending were elevated and hit so much harder with full voice acting. It’s hard for me to say if it eclipses the place Sky FC and SC have in my heart, but even with some of the lowest lows, Azure is probably the best Trails game so far. So much emotion, so much more to say, and that final ending is so good. It really carries the weight and leverages the world building of four games expertly.

My last handful of posts touched on my struggles with super bosses. Aside from one random mob encounter I embarrassingly almost died to when I wasn’t paying attention, I obliterated the final dungeon. I had awesome equipment, quartz setups, and max level master quartz for everyone. One of the bosses Shirley I didn’t even allow them one attack. But what I really want to talk about as part of this, was that I forgot exactly how powerful Master Arts are. When you hit max level with a Master Quartz you get access to these spells that are pretty interesting in practice. They essentially disable a party member to enable a party wide buff. This buff can be renewed for more EP and it’ll trigger an attack too, but your party member remains out of commission. I kept Tio with her default healing quartz which meant I had access to the water one that halves damage and gives a one time 50% heal. By moving her into a corner with some bosses, she wouldn’t be targeted and she was still dealing decent-ish damage. It was a cool proactive way to not be killed by S-Crafts especially and I could easily swap out of it when I wanted to deal big damage again. I hope these return someday. Incidentally talking about cool battle stuff, I gave Tio the Water Bell quartz which let her act immediately after casting water arts. Combine that with the best casting and best healing equipment and she could cast multiple Tears immediately one after the other that almost always restored full health. Also with all of the equipment I had, Lloyd was sitting at a 60% evasion rate by the end of the game. So basically I really lost any fear of death lol.

But yeah looking forward now, I’m excited to wrap up the Trails of Cold Steel anime this week when the final English dub episode drops. I’m also not exactly done with Azure either, as I still have my 1,000 piece puzzle to start lol. But yeah beyond that I really can’t wait for Reverie which is barely three months away! I’m looking forward to playing alongside whoever is ready to join me in the ST I’ll be making for it :) But yeah I know a few of you are still playing Azure here so I want to say again, I’m looking forward to hearing all your thoughts as you play so keep on posting! I watch all of my threads so I won’t miss anything :)

Now that I had some time away for the game I feel I can appreciate it more. I believe my total time was close to 70 hour mark (versus my 58-ish in Zero) granted I did a like 80% of quest and I did the entire fishing arc.

Non-Spoiler part: I cannot reiterate how I love small casts in rpgs and Zero/Azure has one of my favorite group where everyone gets a nice time/background. I cannot say that I prefer one over the other cause I treated them like old school rpgs that came with multiple disc, part 1&2, specially since you can carry over your save. I do think the Orbament system in Azure is by far better and more intuitive (even in my small time with CS, that one kinda sucks). Pacing was better but not by much, while Zero was a slow burn, Azure was always burning with a couple of cold spots.

Spoiler: Where to begin? While it did not bother me, I felt like the stakes were high but everyone came out alive because plot? The chandelier falling on Illya and Ian were scenes I really thought they died. Also Ian being the puppetmaster was unexpected even if the hints were there lol.

But overall I really really enjoyed the game and as a non-Sky player (only watched the games) I think the Crossbell arc is a good place to start. If I were to rank this series (the 2 crossbell games) I would rank them pretty high in my overall rpg franchises. I will miss this cast (for now) but I know I will see them again.

I started CS1, using the dub for now, the casting is good enough some characters have weird voice directions (looking at you Laura). But been having a good time, it has similar sound/music/dungeon design as Zesteria (having Lailah in CS is weird lol), a game I like. After CS 1, I might take a break from Trails and rpgs in general cause FE->OP2->Azure->CS1 is a bit draining lol.

Finished chapter 1 a while ago. It's mostly about (re-)introducing Crossbell and new features like Pom! Pom! Party, which is great, but a bit easy at this point; the car, which is fitting for a city with an advanced tech in this world; and burst - a mechanic that actual saved my ass once. Monsters here can inflict quite a few status effects.
Regarding foreshadowing. the game makes it even more blatantly obvious that there's something up with KeA. Same for Wazy and his likely connections to the church. And the last questions about the cult and Guenter are not answered yet and have to come up later in the story.

Besides that, the thing that is always so hype for someone like me who has played all other games released in the West, are the references and (re-)appearing characters from earlier and later entries in the series. Seeing Campanella again and the Professor for the first time; Sigmund and the Red Constellation; not to forget Nielsen. Yet, this chapter is just an appetizer:

I'm in the middle of chapter 2, right after the grand introduction of the characters for the trade conference. I can't help myself, I just love it: Mueller and Olivier, who talk about the military academy and mention Duke Cayenne; Kloe and Julia on the Arseille, name-dropping Richard; Juna and her siblings; first appearance of president Rocksmith, who I know from CS4. And last but not least, chancellor Osborne. Ouroboros is also about to cause trouble again. I can't wait to see the chapter's finale and hope Falcom gives us some of them as temporary party members.

Gameplay wise, am I imagining it or are the percentages for everything like enemies, fish, books etc. much higher than one can expect in the middle of chapter 2?

Finished chapter 1 a while ago. It's mostly about (re-)introducing Crossbell and new features like Pom! Pom! Party, which is great, but a bit easy at this point; the car, which is fitting for a city with an advanced tech in this world; and burst - a mechanic that actual saved my ass once. Monsters here can inflict quite a few status effects.
Regarding foreshadowing. the game makes it even more blatantly obvious that there's something up with KeA. Same for Wazy and his likely connections to the church. And the last questions about the cult and Guenter are not answered yet and have to come up later in the story.

Besides that, the thing that is always so hype for someone like me who has played all other games released in the West, are the references and (re-)appearing characters from earlier and later entries in the series. Seeing Campanella again and the Professor for the first time; Sigmund and the Red Constellation; not to forget Nielsen. Yet, this chapter is just an appetizer:

I'm in the middle of chapter 2, right after the grand introduction of the characters for the trade conference. I can't help myself, I just love it: Mueller and Olivier, who talk about the military academy and mention Duke Cayenne; Kloe and Julia on the Arseille, name-dropping Richard; Juna and her siblings; first appearance of president Rocksmith, who I know from CS4. And last but not least, chancellor Osborne. Ouroboros is also about to cause trouble again. I can't wait to see the chapter's finale and hope Falcom gives us some of them as temporary party members.

Gameplay wise, am I imagining it or are the percentages for everything like enemies, fish, books etc. much higher than one can expect in the middle of chapter 2?
It was two(?) years ago for me now, but I remember how cool it was to experience the last missing chapter in the Trails games for the West with Azure. I agree Chapter 2 is awesome in this regard with so many cool returning characters showing up.

Yeah percentages in this game are kind of odd. Like the game is huge, bigger than Zero for sure, but in certain areas it feels lighter. I wonder if it’s because you get full access to the state so quickly.

Finished chapter 2 and the Intermission. Now, that was exciting. And rather violent.

The trade conference had some more Cold Steel references like (CS1 spoiler) Towa and her talking about Thors and seeing how G died. What I found interesting was the characterization of Osborne. He's much more arrogant and openly threatening versus Crossbell than he was in Liberl. Falcom did a great job of building him up as the menace he is to Zemuria.

Regarding the intermission, I admit using a walkthrough not missing anything. Some of the quests and items here are way too easily missable, just wtf Falcom. The last boss was annoying due to one of them resistant to arts damage. Having Tio in the party was not the best decision. That fight took way too long.
And the society and Campanella have their first apperance before the party. Things are starting to get real serious.

9 days left.

Finished chapter 2 and the Intermission. Now, that was exciting. And rather violent.

The trade conference had some more Cold Steel references like (CS1 spoiler) Towa and her talking about Thors and seeing how G died. What I found interesting was the characterization of Osborne. He's much more arrogant and openly threatening versus Crossbell than he was in Liberl. Falcom did a great job of building him up as the menace he is to Zemuria.

Regarding the intermission, I admit using a walkthrough not missing anything. Some of the quests and items here are way too easily missable, just wtf Falcom. The last boss was annoying due to one of them resistant to arts damage. Having Tio in the party was not the best decision. That fight took way too long.
And [|Spoiler]the society and Campanella have their first apperance before the party.[/Spoiler] Things are starting to get real serious.

9 days left.
The end of Chapter 2 is so good! They actually added Towa to this version of Azure which was very cool!

Next update: Reached the second day of chapter 4. Holy shit, was the end of chapter 3 and early chapter 4 a wild ride!

It was clear that Wald was up to something, but taking Gnosis and becoming a demon just to get revenge on Wazy is a whole 'nother level. Even allying with the Red Constellation.
Then seeing Crossbell set on fire, Illya and Fran (severely) wounded, and all culminating in the fight against Sigmund, which took me 4 tries to bet him in time (only by using Tio's Zero Field to survive), is all so well done. In all of this, Falcom achieved to make Randy one of the best characters in the series imo, and made me hate Shirley so damn much. I can't believe that I feel sympathetic towards her at the end of Cold Steel 4.
And not to forget the "official" introduction of the Anguis Arionrhod and Novartis. She really is built up as one of the strongest enemies in the whole series her. I dread the battle against the Steel Maiden.
Knowing CS, the stakes are getting higher and higher, and I can't wait to see what's up with the Azure Tree, and how everyone is betraying the SSS.

One minor thing: Seeing Minnith was a surprise, but not a welcome one.

I'm reaching this point at the worst time. TotK has released, and that will consume most of my time in the near future.

Next update: Reached the second day of chapter 4. Holy shit, was the end of chapter 3 and early chapter 4 a wild ride!

It was clear that Wald was up to something, but taking Gnosis and becoming a demon just to get revenge on Wazy is a whole 'nother level. Even allying with the Red Constellation.
Then seeing Crossbell set on fire, Illya and Fran (severely) wounded, and all culminating in the fight against Sigmund, which took me 4 tries to bet him in time (only by using Tio's Zero Field to survive), is all so well done. In all of this, Falcom achieved to make Randy one of the best characters in the series imo, and made me hate Shirley so damn much. I can't believe that I feel sympathetic towards her at the end of Cold Steel 4.
And not to forget the "official" introduction of the Anguis Arionrhod and Novartis. She really is built up as one of the strongest enemies in the whole series her. I dread the battle against the Steel Maiden.
Knowing CS, the stakes are getting higher and higher, and I can't wait to see what's up with the Azure Tree, and how everyone is betraying the SSS.

One minor thing: Seeing Minnith was a surprise, but not a welcome one.

I'm reaching this point at the worst time. TotK has released, and that will consume most of my time in the near future.
Excited for the big update here! Yeah end of Chapter 3 into Chapter 4 is super rad. Probably the best part of the game when

the bad guys set fire to the city and then leave it in ruins. I know you’ve played future games, so I feel comfortable saying I think this is one of the strongest moments in the series so far.

Definitely understand if you’ll take a break for Zelda, but excited to hear what you think of the rest of the game when you come back to it :)

Excited for the big update here! Yeah end of Chapter 3 into Chapter 4 is super rad. Probably the best part of the game when

the bad guys set fire to the city and then leave it in ruins. I know you’ve played future games, so I feel comfortable saying I think this is one of the strongest moments in the series so far.

Definitely understand if you’ll take a break for Zelda, but excited to hear what you think of the rest of the game when you come back to it :)
I'm going to focus on Zelda, but will find time for Azure. Btw, I heard that the final chapter is by far the longest in the game. How much of the total playtime does it cover?

Last edited:
I'm going to focus on Zelda, but will find time for Azure. Btw, I heard that the final chapter is by far the longest in the game. How much of the total playtime does it cover?
I kind of feel you can roughly divide the game into three thirds with up to chapter 2 being one third, end of chapter 4 being another, and the final stretch being another. Depending on how thorough you are the last stretch can be roughly 20 hours.

Very late update: Beat the game a week ago, while most of you already finished Reverie lol. Took me 100 hours. Finished all quests.

Overall, this is definitely in my top 3 titles in the Trails series. It's faster paced than Zero, events are rapidly escalating. And benefitting from being the 5th game in the series, Azure is a pay-off for everything that came before.

To continue from my last posts here, from the end of chapter 4 onwards.
The declaration of independence, Dieter appointing himself president, the SSS trying to rescue KeA, then the (typical Trails) revelations, and finally an Aion wiping out Garrelia Fortress. It just doesn't stop. One of the best sequences in the whole series.

I've heard about most of what's happening in Crossbell, yet the betrayal by Noel came a bit unexpected. The true surprise came later when the game gives you more and more hints about the real mastermind, Ian Grimwood. And by game, I mean the first Anguis, excuse me, Fulitzer price winner Nielsen and his quests. (I suppose the event his family died in is the same that is mentioned several times in the series over all arcs, which is an awful coincidence)
I didn't expect Mariabell manipulating and ultimately abandoning her father in the end, treating Dieter so bad that I felt pity for him. I enjoyed his character through both games, but I also increasingly liked to hate on Mariabell by the end, haha.

Overall, with all the references to Erebonia, and knowing the Cold Steel arc, the final chapter and the ending have a sadness hanging over them. The party is fighting for what they think is right, and yet are fully aware that the outcome is still bleak and they have to fight on.

Most important for the overarching story is KeA's ability to change reality and create multiple timelines. Diving deeper into the lore, that has pretty heavy implications, and the suspicion arises this might have happened more times.

The game's not easy imo, but when you've learned the quartz system, and all mechanics, and if you're well equipped, It's possible to build very powerful characters. The only thing that causes you trouble are the s-breaks which can insta-kill your party members. That said, I didn't really bother with the super bosses where the game doesn't expect you to win.
CS3 spoiler: The fight against Arianrhod in Azure puts into perspective what a beast Aurelia le Guin truly is lmao.

What else to say? Not everyone survived, Pater-Mater is gone for good. Wazy became one of my favorite characters. I hope he doesn't disappear like Kevin did.

That's it. I miss these characters and the world already, but I need break until starting Reverie.

Lloyd finally got over the barrier!

Oh there's an Azure thread here!!
Started my Trails journey back in July and managed to get through thr Sky trilogy and Zero and I'm currently at Chapter 2 in Azure, though the new releases in September have been slowing my progress down a bit unfortunately.

Really enjoying Azure so far. It feels like it's going at a much quicker pace than the previous games, with a much more intriguing line up of plot threads and antagonists falling into place and I'm very excited to see where it all leads, especially with the characters that have gathered in Crossbell

Very late update: Beat the game a week ago, while most of you already finished Reverie lol. Took me 100 hours. Finished all quests.

Overall, this is definitely in my top 3 titles in the Trails series. It's faster paced than Zero, events are rapidly escalating. And benefitting from being the 5th game in the series, Azure is a pay-off for everything that came before.

To continue from my last posts here, from the end of chapter 4 onwards.
The declaration of independence, Dieter appointing himself president, the SSS trying to rescue KeA, then the (typical Trails) revelations, and finally an Aion wiping out Garrelia Fortress. It just doesn't stop. One of the best sequences in the whole series.

I've heard about most of what's happening in Crossbell, yet the betrayal by Noel came a bit unexpected. The true surprise came later when the game gives you more and more hints about the real mastermind, Ian Grimwood. And by game, I mean the first Anguis, excuse me, Fulitzer price winner Nielsen and his quests. (I suppose the event his family died in is the same that is mentioned several times in the series over all arcs, which is an awful coincidence)
I didn't expect Mariabell manipulating and ultimately abandoning her father in the end, treating Dieter so bad that I felt pity for him. I enjoyed his character through both games, but I also increasingly liked to hate on Mariabell by the end, haha.

Overall, with all the references to Erebonia, and knowing the Cold Steel arc, the final chapter and the ending have a sadness hanging over them. The party is fighting for what they think is right, and yet are fully aware that the outcome is still bleak and they have to fight on.

Most important for the overarching story is KeA's ability to change reality and create multiple timelines. Diving deeper into the lore, that has pretty heavy implications, and the suspicion arises this might have happened more times.

The game's not easy imo, but when you've learned the quartz system, and all mechanics, and if you're well equipped, It's possible to build very powerful characters. The only thing that causes you trouble are the s-breaks which can insta-kill your party members. That said, I didn't really bother with the super bosses where the game doesn't expect you to win.
CS3 spoiler: The fight against Arianrhod in Azure puts into perspective what a beast Aurelia le Guin truly is lmao.

What else to say? Not everyone survived, Pater-Mater is gone for good. Wazy became one of my favorite characters. I hope he doesn't disappear like Kevin did.

That's it. I miss these characters and the world already, but I need break until starting Reverie.

Lloyd finally got over the barrier!
I didn’t get to comment right away, but I really enjoyed reading your full breakdown of the ending Bokuringo! The way Azure plays for keeps with its story is unlike many of the other Trails games which just makes it so cool in my book. Wazy is one of my favs too as he steals so many scenes! Will be curious when you play Reverie what you think of Wazy and Kevin’s presence or the lack thereof lol. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Reverie when you get there in general too and I fully understand taking a break as these games are massive and meant to be savored and you don’t want to burn out. You certainly have a solid gap between now and whenever Kuro comes out I’m guessing so no rush there. I can’t believe I have to write the ST for Nayuta either tomorrow or Monday lol.
Started my Trails journey back in July and managed to get through thr Sky trilogy and Zero and I'm currently at Chapter 2 in Azure, though the new releases in September have been slowing my progress down a bit unfortunately.

Really enjoying Azure so far. It feels like it's going at a much quicker pace than the previous games, with a much more intriguing line up of plot threads and antagonists falling into place and I'm very excited to see where it all leads, especially with the characters that have gathered in Crossbell
Yeah! I hosted an unofficial ST for Zero and then STs for both Azure and Trails Into Reverie here! One for Nayuta is coming soon in time for Tuesday’s release! We also have a general RPGs ST on Fami too that I host btw :)

That’s hardcore playing four and a half Trails games back to back! I hope you share your thoughts here on Azure as you play. Always fun to read :)

Yeah! I hosted an unofficial ST for Zero and then STs for both Azure and Trails Into Reverie here! One for Nayuta is coming soon in time for Tuesday’s release! We also have a general RPGs ST on Fami too that I host btw :)

That’s hardcore playing four and a half Trails games back to back! I hope you share your thoughts here on Azure as you play. Always fun to read :)
Thank you for making the STs and I'll look forward to seeing the Nayuta one! I'll be picking that one up when it releases but I probably won't get round to playing it until I'm finished with Azure

And yeah, I thought I might have gotten burned out playing that much in a row but after the twist right at the end of Sky FC I've been hooked on finding out what happens next

That's mighty impressive. The most I played Trails in a row was CS1-3 in 5 months. Even with Azure beaten, there're still 5 games to catch up to. Can you do it before year's end :unsure:

I didn’t get to comment right away, but I really enjoyed reading your full breakdown of the ending Bokuringo! The way Azure plays for keeps with its story is unlike many of the other Trails games which just makes it so cool in my book. Wazy is one of my favs too as he steals so many scenes! Will be curious when you play Reverie what you think of Wazy and Kevin’s presence or the lack thereof lol. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Reverie when you get there in general too and I fully understand taking a break as these games are massive and meant to be savored and you don’t want to burn out. You certainly have a solid gap between now and whenever Kuro comes out I’m guessing so no rush there. I can’t believe I have to write the ST for Nayuta either tomorrow or Monday lol.
Thank you! It was just some thoughts on the ending, not comparable to an hour long essay 😅

Western release dates of Falcom titles are up in the air. It's either Kuro 1 or Ys X first, with Kuro being older, but Ys is less work to localize. Or both next year. Whatever it is, we're going to hear from NISA soon.

That's mighty impressive. The most I played Trails in a row was CS1-3 in 5 months. Even with Azure beaten, there're still 5 games to catch up to. Can you do it before year's end :unsure:
It would be cool to have caught up with everything by the end of the year but it's a tall order with so many other games coming out that I want to play. It does sound like a fun challenge though so we'll see how close I can get to it

Ok so I finished Chapter 2 and the Intermission and I stopped just before a boss battle on Day 3 of Chapter 3 so some thoughts
Chapter 2's finale was incredibly hype. Two terrorist groups working together with outside help from Ouroboros in an attempt to assassinate the leaders of the Empire and Republic only for the leaders to be aware of it and have the Jaegers and Heiyue groups they've hired to handle the terrorists in an attempt to undermine Crossbell's security and push having their own armies stationed inside Crossbell. The whole sequence of chasing down the terrorists through Geofront was incredibly thrilling and very fitting exciting police work for our SSS group, even if we didn't quite catch them ourselves. Dieter coming out with the suggestion of independence for Crossbell was a really cool moment for me living in a country who had an independence referendum in 2014. Seeing the opinions of people in the Crossbell times and across Zemuria is really cool and politically I really like what Azure is doing

Intermission was a nice breather from the high stakes action. Always nice to see KeA being the most adorable character ever and seeing Lloyd and Elie being super awkward around each other. Still very curious on what KeA's whole deal is and the FIND ME that keeps popping up. Also Campanella made an appearance at the end and it was so cool hearing the Enforcer theme again.

Chapter 3 is currently dealing with the mysterious blue flowers popping up that were used in the Gnosis drug and now we have Wald who has somehow gotten a hold of some and has demonfied himself so yay. I stopped in the area where we had to go and rescue our Bracer friends and they're talking about a couple of the Agnius and Campanella being in the area so I'm presuming I have a fight coming up against them.

ALSO, I thought Luciola died in SC but Campanella used her spirits and mentioned borrowing them from her? I know Enforcers are built different but please I thought we had made some progress in taking them out 😭

i started off with the crossbell arc, and gameplay wise i found it pretty fun and i did liked the cop idea of the story otherwise everything else from the dialogue and typical attack and dethrone god and voice acting fell flat for me otherwise pretty decent game.

I finished this last night and wow what a game. There was so much packed into this one with all of Crossbell's troubles hitting a boiling point. The whole second half of the game was packed with thrilling moments and mind blowing twists and turns and it was so cool seeing revelations that completely reframe Zero.
After playing five games, I'd rank this one as my second favourite right behind Sky SC (that one deals with themes that speak to me on a personal level)
The ending has left me curious to find out what Crossbell's fate is from the revealtions right at the end of the game but I have a bit of a backlog to tackle now before moving into the Cold Steel saga

Back
Top Bottom