• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion TMNT Splintered Fate - Timed Exclusive for Nintendo Switch hitting July 2024

TreIII

A Kool Kartoon
Founder
Pronouns
he/him

This fun roguelite was exclusive to Apple Arcade a year ago, and now, making the jump elsewhere, beginning with the Nintendo Switch.

I found the game fun, for what little time I spent with it on a friend's device. IDW even gave it a tie-in comic (not related to the IDW ongoing).

This did look cool, didn't realise it was Apple Arcade (I barely pay attention to that). Looked like Hades but with TMNT.

This fun roguelite was exclusive to Apple Arcade a year ago, and now, making the jump elsewhere, beginning with the Nintendo Switch.

I found the game fun, for what little time I spent with it on a friend's device. IDW even gave it a tie-in comic (not related to the IDW ongoing).

Is there online co op for this?

Is there online co op for this?
Certainly was for Apple Arcade, so I'd like to think similar would be in store here.
This looked cool and I'm glad that the style is inspired by the 2003 TMNT cartoon.

Hope the game is actually good.
It'd probably be more "on" to say it's got more in common with the IDW comic's aesthetic. Shredder, Slash, Leatherhead, Bebop and Rocksteady's designs have much more in common with their appearances from that medium.

And I think the game was good, from what I tried. Although if you're used to roguelikes kicking your ass, this game, being likely made with kids in mind, is a bit more of an easier ride.

Certainly was for Apple Arcade, so I'd like to think similar would be in store here.

It'd probably be more "on" to say it's got more in common with the IDW comic's aesthetic. Shredder, Slash, Leatherhead, Bebop and Rocksteady's designs have much more in common with their appearances from that medium.

And I think the game was good, from what I tried. Although if you're used to roguelikes kicking your ass, this game, being likely made with kids in mind, is a bit more of an easier ride.
Went back and watched the trailer for the 4th time and it says 4 player co op online…don’t know how I missed that the first three times lol.
Gonna watch some gameplay when I get home but yeah this will definitely be a day one for me. Reminds me a little of contra rogue corps (think it was called) I got addicted to the gameplay in that for awhile and this looks like it’ll do the same

This looks really good, not sure how it was on Apple Arcade, but I'm day 1 on this based off this footage.

I was about to say nothing in this game even remotely looks like the 2003 series. Even the Turtles look like the IDW versions due to the tape on their hands.

Not to mention Bebop and Rocksteady weren't in the 2003 series because that series tried to follow the original Mirage Comics storyline. It obviously had to make adjustments like the 1990 movie to be more kid friendly and suitable for the Saturday morning timeslot.

Back
Top Bottom