• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Event The Triple-i Initiative showcase - April 10th (10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 6PM BST / 7PM CEST)

Will Silksong fans quit gaming after they finish that game? I just saw a bunch of them endlessly spamming a iii showcase livestream, asking where the damn game is. It's like it's the only game that exists to them. Not referring to you @Sturmgeist , but damn they were annoying.
Yeah the fandom is not great. I sincerely apologize to everyone for the spamming. I hope the game comes out soon if only to make these presentations more respectful to the devs.

I thought I read that the people who ran the showcase teased "a highly anticipated Metroidvania with bugs" or something along those lines, which would explain why they showed up thinking it would be there.

Doesn't excuse the incessant spamming, though.

Too many games in genres I don't care about.

I guess not a lot of indies want to make games based on classic genres. This was all like PC style games. Not a lot of console inspired stuff.

Lots of roguelites, strategy games, sims, emotional journey type games, choice driven stuff.

I saw one Metroidvania. That looked decent. Ah well, there was Hyper Light Breaker too. The footage didn't make me want the game though for some reason. idk

Yacht Club and Team Cherry (← including but not limited to) make the style of games people go crazy for.

I haven't watched it and nothing stuck out after - was there anything local multiplayer? For some reason that used to be an indie domain but doesn't feel very common in showcases anymore.

I haven't watched it and nothing stuck out after - was there anything local multiplayer? For some reason that used to be an indie domain but doesn't feel very common in showcases anymore.
It was dlc, but Vampire Survivors has local multiplayer.

Is a promo picture for a game that just started development important to you? Just a few months back, the whole team was learning a new game engine (Godot) by releasing a F2P game (since they wanted to move away from Unity, after the Unity debacle last year). After that, it was probably time to move ahead to StS2 project planning.
there are screenshots on the steam page

why does slay the spire 2 still look like that. did they not make enough money to hire an artist

Weirdly left field insult towards the artists who work on the game just because it's not to your personal tastes.

I thought the presentation was great - quite a few games I'm interested in, lots of variety. I'd be very interested in a second presentation from this group.

Excuse me, but why isn't Fami going nuts for Slay the Freaking Spire 2? I have put an ungodly amount of time into the first. Very excited we're getting a sequel at long last
It's early access in 2025 without showing much. The presentation to me was always mid for a great core gameplay. I'll keep my hype for when we see what changed next year.

HLB also looked...fine. it's kinda lacking what made HLDs atmosphere, and seems somewhat more "mashy".

Wasn't to much for me personally here.

Excuse me, but why isn't Fami going nuts for Slay the Freaking Spire 2? I have put an ungodly amount of time into the first. Very excited we're getting a sequel at long last

it just feels so far off at this point without any real info on how the gameplay is different yet

i'm definitely interested in it though, I liked the first game but it never fully clicked with me to the extent that I wanted to play hundreds of hours of it like a lot of people did(I got like 90% of the way there and put like a couple dozen hours in but never got to the point where I was obsessed enough with it to play it more than that) maybe this new one can get me all the way to that point when it eventually comes out

It's early access in 2025 without showing much. The presentation to me was always mid for a great core gameplay. I'll keep my hype for when we see what changed next year.

HLB also looked...fine. it's kinda lacking what made HLDs atmosphere, and seems somewhat more "mashy".

Wasn't to much for me personally here.
Yeah I agree, sprite art was better.

Honestly a shallow reason but I hate how it looks. So cheap.

I didn't post here because I don't want to bring needless negativity, but I really didn't like the show - despite being indie many of the games felt just as samey and derivative as the AAA ones you would see in a Geoff Keighley show or something.

Kyle Bossman's take on it pretty much mirrors mine so I'm glad that I'm not alone in feeling that way (don't worry the video isn't really about Final Fantasy)

I'm happy for folks who like the genre, but the fact that awesome-looking Prince of Persia game is a roguelike is so disappointing to me. But well, I'm not complaining too much because The Lost Crown was a really awesome take in the franchise's more traditional gameplay, so it's nice we are getting some variety this time around.

Still, I would have preferred that variety to mean an action platformer.

I didn't post here because I don't want to bring needless negativity, but I really didn't like the show - despite being indie many of the games felt just as samey and derivative as the AAA ones you would see in a Geoff Keighley show or something.

Kyle Bossman's take on it pretty much mirrors mine so I'm glad that I'm not alone in feeling that way (don't worry the video isn't really about Final Fantasy)

At the end of the day, not all indie games are on equal footing. This showcase was very much for a certain class of indie. (I hate to use that phrase in this case, but it fits.)

It's not 2007 anymore. There's a clearer divide in notoriety and success among studios and franchises in the indie space.

I look at it that it’s not like the event’s advertising was misleading with the list of studios supporting it and the III moniker. It was pretty much what I expected.

Indie World and also Wholesome Games directs are good for covering a wider variety of things. As are I Dream of Indie Games and SwitchUp on YouTube. ‘Indie’ covers a vast range of studios of all sizes and every single genre at this point, you could have an extra monthly indie show and barely scratch the surface.

Back
Top Bottom