• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Event The Triple-i Initiative showcase - April 10th (10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 6PM BST / 7PM CEST)

N75

Like Like

"may contain traces of rogue-lites"

Press release:

Let’s goooooo! The Triple-i Initiative is a brand new showcase aiming to elevate the top independent creators in video games. Join the fun on April 10th at 10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST with 30+ games from studios and publishers who worked on absolute bangers like Darkest Dungeon, Spiritfarer, V Rising and Risk of Rain 2.

A couple months ago The Triple-i Initiative was just an idea by Evil Empire, the studio behind the last five years of Dead Cells content. Now, it is a collaborative effort with the support from indie superstars like Re-Logic, creators of Terraria and Mega Crit, creators of Slay the Spire.

The initiative promises a no-nonsense digital showcase featuring blockbuster indie titles, all streamed in under one hour to respect players’ and studios’ time. Major announcements and reveals from studios like Mega Crit, Red Hook Studios, and Evil Empire are set for debut during the 45-minute showcase which will stream directly to fans on Youtube, Twitch, bilibili, IGN and Steam.

Featured Developers:
A44 (Ashen, Flintlock)
Assemble Entertainment (Leisure Suit Larry)
Awaceb (Tchia)
Blobfish Games (Brotato)
ColePowered Games (Shadows of Doubt)
Digital Sun Games (Moonlighter, The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story, Cataclismo)
Drop Bear Bytes (Broken Roads)
Evil Empire (Dead Cells)
Fumi Games (Galaxy Taxi, Mouse)
Gearbox Software (Risk of Rain 2)
Gentlymad Studios (Endzone - A World Apart)
Heart Machine (Hyper Light Drifter, Solar Ash, Hyper Light Breaker)
Ishtar Games (Lakeburg Legacies)
Mega Crit (Slay the Spire)
Northplay (Conduct Deluxe, Headland)
Passtech Games (Curse of the Dead Gods, Ravenswatch)
Pathea Games (Let's School, My Time at Sandrock)
PlaySide Studios (Age of Darkness)
poncle (Vampire Survivors)
Quite OK Games (Laryssa: Summit Kingdom)
Realm Archive (Death Must Die)
Red Hook Studios (Darkest Dungeon)
Stunlock Studios (Battlerite, V Rising)
The Gentlebros (Cat Quest)
Thorium (Undermine)
Thunder Lotus (Spiritfarer, 33 Immortals)
TRIBAND (WHAT THE GOLF?, WHAT THE CAR?)
Youthcat Studio (Dyson Sphere Program)

Featured Publishers:
Fireshine Games (Silt)
Focus Entertainment (Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2)
Gamera Games (Dyson Sphere Program)
Gearbox Publishing (Risk of Rain Returns)
Ghost Ship Publishing (Deep Rock Galactic: Rogue Core)
Hooded Horse (Terra Invicta)
Humble Games (SIGNALIS)
Kepler Interactive (Cat Quest, Sifu)
PlaySide Publishing (Mouse)
PM Studios (Let's School, My Time at Sandrock)
The Arcade Crew (Cross Blitz)
tinyBuild (Speedrunners)

Last edited:
Cool idea, but looking through that list of devs and publishers I can already tell this won’t be geared towards my tastes. C’est la vie, I suppose.

Hope it delivers for those who are interested.

Cool idea, but looking through that list of devs and publishers I can already tell this won’t be geared towards my tastes. C’est la vie, I suppose.

Hope it delivers for those who are interested.

this for the most part but since it's only 45 minutes i'll probably watch it anyways just for the Mega Crit reveal

I’m very interested to see what Heart Machine and Mega Crit are bringing
I imagine Heart Machine is just going to be Hyper Light Breaker news

Mega Crit should be pretty interesting though

Edit: one probable game from the showcase has possibly leaked

Source is banned, but it's a Prince of Persia roguelike from Evil Empire

Last edited:
asd.PNG

looking forward to this despite a bit of skepticism about this initiative and the idea of canonizing these largely already-successful and higher-profile devs and publishers under this “triple-i” term

Oh baby, I saw Slay The Spire go on sale and I was like, nah, are they gonna announce a sequel? They sure as sugar did!

Slay The Spire stuff is interesting but feels pretty far off with it being a year till early access even starts and them not really showing anything about what it actually does differently from the first one

Dinolords was.....interesting the random dinosaurs showing up in that trailer certainly took me by surprise

gotta say I had no idea Death Must Die even existed, apparently it's been out in early access for 6 months now

looks like an interesting cross between Hades and Vampire Survivors

good showcase

nothing(other than I guess Slay The Spire 2 but again that feels pretty far out) that i'm interested enough in that i'll definitely get but most of it was at least somewhat interesting and it was well paced

will definitely watch the next one if they wanna make this like a yearly thing or something

well! a solid handful of cool games (quite a few of which are already available) for sure but that made me feel no better (and tbh mostly worse) about the state of the industry and the place this new strata of mid-size devs holds within it. definitely a bit disappointed to see “pal world” in there nothing but bad vibes from “mouse“ too.
well-produced and well-paced though!

I'm curious about streets of rogue 2. Never played the first one but maybe I will since it is like 5 bucks on steam.

More or less what I expected. Very predictable, not really to my tastes, and not particularly exciting overall. A lot of stuff blended together.

Mouse was definitely my highlight, that looks rad. Hope it turns out well.

definitely interested in that roguelike Prince of Persia, but probably gonna wait for the full release

also slowly accepting that I'm just gonna be buying a new Vampire Survivors dlc every 3-4 months possibly for the rest of my life

Most of these games were not announced for Switch right? Going to Wishlist a bunch on Steam, but can't remember much outside of Tchia for Switch.

funny how they're still listed as Gearbox despite the name change. but they were involved since before that and the sale (and retention of GB Publishing), so it makes sense

Too many games in genres I don't care about.

I guess not a lot of indies want to make games based on classic genres. This was all like PC style games. Not a lot of console inspired stuff.

Lots of roguelites, strategy games, sims, emotional journey type games, choice driven stuff.

I saw one Metroidvania. That looked decent. Ah well, there was Hyper Light Breaker too. The footage didn't make me want the game though for some reason. idk

Yacht Club and Team Cherry (← including but not limited to) make the style of games people go crazy for.

Last edited:
This showcase was absolutely fanastic, I dunno what y'all were talking about with these games blending together. Really looking forward to Slay the Spire 2, Mouse and Hyper Light Breaker.

Quoted by: N75
This showcase was absolutely fanastic, I dunno what y'all were talking about with these games blending together. Really looking forward to Slay the Spire 2, Mouse and Hyper Light Breaker.
Team Cherry and Yacht Club are the only true indies, don't you know?

Too many games in genres I don't care about.

I guess not a lot of indies want to make games based on classic genres. This was all like PC style games. Not a lot of console inspired stuff.

Lots of roguelites, strategy games, sims, emotional journey type games, choice driven stuff.

I saw one Metroidvania. That looked decent. Ah well, there was Hyper Light Breaker too. The footage didn't make me want the game though for some reason. idk

Yacht Club and Team Cherry make the style of games people want.
OmnJbfB.png

It was only PC genre stuff...

no RPGs, no action rpgs, No action games really, no platformers (Maybe the car game? it did stand out from a lot of it to me), only one metroidvania (that did look cool ngl).

top down diablo roguelites....

Lots of dark worldview stuff too. As a Nintendo gamer, my interests should be apparent.

Granted those genres are probably way harder to make.

Sea of stars last year was great.

There's just clearly a difference between like PC games and console games. I want more games inspired by Japanese games.

They are out there. They just weren't featured in this.

So, I keep in mind the Contra DLC for Vampire Survivors, looks insane, that's locked & loaded.
Streets of Rogue 2, finally !
The Rogue : Prince of Persia, why not. Not a massive fan of the art direction.
New update for Risk of Rain 2, yes !

And... that's it. The rest was not my stuff, especially when some of the trailers were like 5 seconds of fixed screens with nothing happening.
Also they should put a fucking "EPILEPSY WARNING" or "The following trailer have been edited by a moron with a negative IQ" for Kill Knight.

Fuck that trailer.

Great show that, lot of interesting games being shown that I will check out at some point. Day one on the Vampire Survivor DLC and What The Car for sure.

I think Slay the Spire is among the top 5 best designed games ever, very tough game to make a sequel to because the original because spawned a new genre and it's hard to replicate that feeling of playing something like that for the first time (Yes I know dominion exists). Fully trust they'll deliver though, Anthony and Casey are really talented and smart individuals.

It was only PC genre stuff...

no RPGs, no action rpgs, No action games really, no platformers (Maybe the car game? it did stand out from a lot of it to me), only one metroidvania (that did look cool ngl).

top down diablo roguelites....

Lots of dark worldview stuff too. As a Nintendo gamer, my interests should be apparent.

Granted those genres are probably way harder to make.

Sea of stars last year was great.

There's just clearly a difference between like PC games and console games. I want more games inspired by Japanese games.

They are out there. They just weren't featured in this.
No one is disputing any of this.

Yacht Club and Team Cherry make the style of games people want.
This is what people took offense to.

Most of these games were not announced for Switch right? Going to Wishlist a bunch on Steam, but can't remember much outside of Tchia for Switch.
Let's School is also coming to Switch (and every other console)! Really good tycoon game, more realistic compared to Two Point Campus. Tycoon fans are truly blessed on Switch.

The whole show was about PC debut launches, Let's School is only console port revealed in the show. But expect most of them to arrive on Switch shortly after (or even before) their Early Access period is done: Undermine 2, Slay the Spire 2, Rogue PoP, Never Alone 2, What the Car, RKGK and Hyper Light Breaker.

Will Silksong fans quit gaming after they finish that game? I just saw a bunch of them endlessly spamming a iii showcase livestream, asking where the damn game is. It's like it's the only game that exists to them. Not referring to you @Sturmgeist , but damn they were annoying.

why does slay the spire 2 still look like that. did they not make enough money to hire an artist

Look closer. It's a whole different kind of janky, and that makes me happy. If it was "pretty," it wouldn't be Slay the Spire.

Is that sour grapes? Maybe. I just know that I'm so in the tank for StS that I don't think it looks ugly.

Look closer. It's a whole different kind of janky, and that makes me happy. If it was "pretty," it wouldn't be Slay the Spire.

Is that sour grapes? Maybe. I just know that I'm so in the tank for StS that I don't think it looks ugly.
yeah, I think that first game rules, but it’s in spite of the terrible art. it’s such a bummer to me that it’s so aesthetically similar

like obviously people have different tastes but jesus christ. after the success of the og it reads as amateurish

why does slay the spire 2 still look like that. did they not make enough money to hire an artist

Is a promo picture for a game that just started development important to you? Just a few months back, the whole team was learning a new game engine (Godot) by releasing a F2P game (since they wanted to move away from Unity, after the Unity debacle last year). After that, it was probably time to move ahead to StS2 project planning.

How is Slay the Spire art style bad?

Also, it's pretty arrogant to say there is no artist(s) behind it. There are two artists that worked on it.

Last edited:
Will Silksong fans quit gaming after they finish that game? I just saw a bunch of them endlessly spamming a iii showcase livestream, asking where the damn game is. It's like it's the only game that exists to them. Not referring to you @Sturmgeist , but damn they were annoying.

"Wait.. that's it? No Smash?!"

Literally every indie presentation since the game's reveal lol. It doesn't help that Team Cherry have been virtually silent outside of the random Xbox trailer two years ago.

Back
Top Bottom