• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The TimeSplitters Community Hangout

Apologies for the necro bump if it gets anyone's hopes up.

Obviously it's a time of mourning while TS goes on indefinite hiatus for a second time, but if it can offer a small spark of hope: I recently perused the TimeSplitters Rewind discord server. If you've been curious why there hasn't been an annual update video this time of year, one of the developers have cleared the air with a brief ten second audio note that the game is still going through bugs being fixed and small technical issues being addressed; since the last update video very little has been added in terms of new substantial features. That being said, while it wouldn't make sense to go through the rigamarole to make a very short update video now, there is a feeling of hope that when enough new content can justify a meaty update video, it will happen sooner rather than later.

Additionally, an anecdote I personally enjoyed was that FRD in its reincarnation was very aware of the TS:R team, not only impressed by the efforts made over the course of 12 years for free by people with spare time and skills they could offer, but often poaching a few of those team members to be paid employees. Now, former FRD devs are active in the server, chiming in here and there with old stories and answering occasional questions, contributing to development or just voicing support for the project from the sidelines.

As always, fuck Embracer, and keep the faith that one day we may roll with Sgt. Cortez once more šŸ’™

It's a damn shame that we get dozens of cookie cutter shit generic shooters every year but couldn't get a new time splitters. It makes my soul ache. I really miss the old days šŸ˜¢

It would be nice if Night Dive Studios could get the rights to do a Time Splitters Trilogy HD remaster. With the lack of competitive shooters on Switch it would be easy money. Release the Trilogy on all platforms and sell a few million units easy. Its crazy how some IP's are condemned to exile and you will see some games getting remastered that nobody cared about even when they originally came out. Even if there is never a new Time Splitters game, the original Trilogy deserves to be brought into the HD era.

It would be nice if Night Dive Studios could get the rights to do a Time Splitters Trilogy HD remaster.
iu

IT WOULD BE SO PERFECT!!!!

šŸ˜­

Back
Top Bottom