• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Pop Music |ST| Calling all Pop-Heads (K-Pop, Indie, et al) !

are you a fan of Taylor Swift?

• neutral - listen here and there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (idk? explain!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Red Velvet:

Really nice chorus. Listening to the album and the immediate standout for me is Underwater.

Not really sure what SM's game plan is right now, since this is releasing less than a week after aespa's Drama and you'd think they'd want them both to have a bit of breathing room? (Incidentally, I like Drama well enough for its silly chorus and Showgirls style handography, but it hasn't gripped me like Spicy did; feel like this will change when I hear it out and have had a few)

I mostly listen to his '80s stuff so need to investigate more! My basic take is that I really love Philharmony and especially Sports Men. It's wild how deep everything goes with YMO.

listened to a bit of the RV album and the lead single is alright, but after seeing you call out underwater, i have to agree, it is quite good. that one went straight to my replayed playlist. will listen to more of it later.
Finally getting around to listening to 1989 (Taylor's Version). Pure bliss of synthpop.
now that we don't talk has been stuck in my head for weeks. 1989 isn't my favorite taylor album so i didn't really bother listening to any of the OG tracks, though. did you like the vault tracks? they sounded very midnights-esque to me which makes me question whether these were really written and scrapped back then. a 2 minute song in 2016? from taylor? that's questionable!

okay okay okay I know I've been gushing about Ayumi a bunch but youtube must've heard me

As mentioned earlier she and some other jpop artists have this weird thing going where they only share short "preview" versions of their songs on youtube so it's tough to find a lot of their stuff BUT youtube actually recommended me a song of hers that's the full-length mv and happens to be one of the first songs I found of hers (and still one of my favorites) so I thought I'd toss it at yall:

Be aware: some goofiness happened with the encoding so there are some effects that end up glitching into a bit of a strobing effect, so if you're sensitive to that sort of stuff maybe put this on in a background tab or look away or something (maybe play it on youtube tv while looking down at your phone to browse Famiboards dot com)

now that we don't talk has been stuck in my head for weeks. 1989 isn't my favorite taylor album so i didn't really bother listening to any of the OG tracks, though. did you like the vault tracks? they sounded very midnights-esque to me which makes me question whether these were really written and scrapped back then. a 2 minute song in 2016? from taylor? that's questionable!
I mean, hey, anything with that Antonoff touch has a similar sound to me.

has anyone listened to or heard of pinkpantheress? originally had her in my OP has my most hyped upcoming comeback and she finally dropped the album last friday! it is so good, almost everything i wanted.

if you'd like to give it a listen, some of my faves are as follows: true romance, mosquito, the aisle, ophelia, blue, and capable of love. would love to hear if you guys listened and liked any of them! she's very much specific taste, kinda has that indie internet low-key pop vibe.

Youtube tries a bit too hard to cater to me

akO91Rw.jpg

Have to post this classic, great song and the video is cool as hell.

i'm just proud of myself that i could read the katakana enough to tell that this was morning musume even though i don't know any kanji.

also, went to their channel and they're still putting out music?! that is crazy.

@chocolate_supra what is that? the band name reminds me of chairlift's amanaemonesia lol

also, went to their channel and they're still putting out music?! that is crazy.
That's the beauty of having a band just be a name and a theme and having the actual talent be a revolving door 😅
@chocolate_supra what is that? the band name reminds me of chairlift's amanaemonesia lol
Anamanaguchi? They're a chiptune band probably best known for doing the Scott Pilgrim videogame OST way back when. Very much not pop but I was laughing at youtube putting them in there to try and get me to bite 😅

That's the beauty of having a band just be a name and a theme and having the actual talent be a revolving door 😅

Anamanaguchi? They're a chiptune band probably best known for doing the Scott Pilgrim videogame OST way back when. Very much not pop but I was laughing at youtube putting them in there to try and get me to bite 😅

id say some of their stuff would prolly count as electropop, especially the vocal tracks. and who could forget this:

has anyone listened to or heard of pinkpantheress? originally had her in my OP has my most hyped upcoming comeback and she finally dropped the album last friday! it is so good, almost everything i wanted.

if you'd like to give it a listen, some of my faves are as follows: true romance, mosquito, the aisle, ophelia, blue, and capable of love. would love to hear if you guys listened and liked any of them! she's very much specific taste, kinda has that indie internet low-key pop vibe.

I got tickets to her London gig in February!

Album is amazing, and Mosquito is in my top 3 fave pop singles of this year easily. I'm sad none of her other songs managed to get the hype Boy's a Liar got but oh well. The opening track sampling my fave k-pop group of all time, f(x), cemented to me that she just gets pop.

I got tickets to her London gig in February!

Album is amazing, and Mosquito is in my top 3 fave pop singles of this year easily. I'm sad none of her other songs managed to get the hype Boy's a Liar got but oh well. The opening track sampling my fave k-pop group of all time, f(x), cemented to me that she just gets pop.
so fun! i’ve heard her stage presence isn’t the best though hahaha.

also, what?! she samples f(x) in another life? they were also my fave kpop group when i was more into kpop. what song does she sample from them?

so fun! i’ve heard her stage presence isn’t the best though hahaha.

also, what?! she samples f(x) in another life? they were also my fave kpop group when i was more into kpop. what song does she sample from them?
I think sample might be the wrong word, maybe interpolation is more correct?

It's the "you melt up my body and all my heart" from f(x)'s Ice Cream.

I think she's a big f(x) fan cause she has another unreleased song which samples "Sweet Witches" by f(x).

Back
Top Bottom