• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club The Official "Having A Cold One" Thread

Phosphorescent Skeleton

It's a hard world for little things.
Pronouns
She/Her
A thread for when you're "Having A Cold One".
Tonight's Cold One is a Sapporo Chocolate Mint Beer. I've been really looking forwards to this.
20220217-221844.jpg

Im currently living at Gran Canaria, so most likely I will be drinking cheap, industrial euro lager. Which I am actually quite a fan off.

Is it a culinary experience? Absolutely not, but its cold and refreshing.

Tonight's Cold One is a Sapporo Chocolate Mint Beer. I've been really looking forwards to this.
20220217-221844.jpg
God that sounds and looks tasty as hell.

My vice du jour lately has been partaking in a lil toke here and there, but I do have a few bottles of this Hawaiian brewed beer sitting in my fridge that I think I will crack open later this evening

kona-beer.png

20220217-221844.jpg
Damn it looks so tasty, more than my personal "Cold One of the Day", which is a pretty average Swiss dark beer, a bit too malty but with a nice orange aftertaste
IMG-4125.jpg

My most recent favorite is Mountain Don’t Sour from The Peddler in Huntington, WV. It compliments their Gatorade Sour, Brawndo.

273168741_247066867608754_9030330354753546716_n.jpg

b3Rp8SF.jpg
Oh. a beer thread! I was up in Portland, ME a few months ago and went to the Shipyard Brewery and got this. It was quite delicious!

No visible condensation on that can so either your place is extremely cold and/or dry or we're being played like a goddamn fiddle. I demand proof that this is actually a cold one.

I see we had a Portland, ME brewery so I will add a Portland, OR brewery. Got a growler of Wayfinder Hell Helles Lager for the super bowl. I am always trying new beers, so will contribute to any craft beer threads we have.

I am having a nice cold Guinness tonight.

It sponsors a major sporting event I like and the sponsorship ads basically conditioned me to drink Guinness when watching rugby. Woop woop.

You lucky duck! All we have here in SoCal supermarkets is the regular Sapporo. Never seen any other variety.

My most recent favorite is Mountain Don’t Sour from The Peddler in Huntington, WV. It compliments their Gatorade Sour, Brawndo.

273168741_247066867608754_9030330354753546716_n.jpg
Oh my god, I remember and can still quote those Brawndo/Power Thirst videos nearly word for word. This just unlocked a deep memory ahaha

"Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator! It's like a monster truck you can pour into your face!"
"What about me and my blue collar? JUICE SPRINGSTEEN"
"Power Thirst is like crystal meth in a can! Power Thirst is like crystal meth! Power Thirst is crystal meth!"

Last edited:
Oh my god, I remember and can still quote those Brawndo/Power Thirst videos nearly word for word. This just unlocked a deep memory ahaha

"Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator! It's like a monster truck you can pour into your face!"
"What about me and my blue collar? JUICE SPRINGSTEEN"
"Power Thirst is like crystal meth in a can! Power Thirst is like crystal meth! Power Thirst is crystal meth!"
The quotes were all over the marketing. I’m surprised they’ve kept it around as long as they have. Peddler usually keeps a stable of normal stuff and has these as one offs for a limited time or for the Rails and Ales festival. Must be pretty popular.

Fj44sJa.jpg

The quotes were all over the marketing. I’m surprised they’ve kept it around as long as they have. Peddler usually keeps a stable of normal stuff and has these as one offs for a limited time or for the Rails and Ales festival. Must be pretty popular.

Fj44sJa.jpg
2007 humour hit different and part of me is already willing to travel down to get myself a pint of this ahaha

It is Friday, and work ends in 30 minutes. On tonights menu, a 750ml bottle of La Fin du Monde. A Canadian Belgium style golden ale. 9 percent.... but I ain't drivin'!

I wonder what the logistics of a Famiboard local beer exchange would be?

If possible, I’m thinking something like a secret Santa sort of thing.

Having a German Bitburger at a German beer hall in Philly. Went quite well with my spicy bratwurst!

kIes7UZ.jpg
Jealous, there are no beer halls around me in the middle of nowhere. Used to live in Germany for a few years. There are many things I miss about living Germany, but I would be a liar if i said the beer wasn't up at the top of the list. The top top of the list is my body from 15 years ago. Must have been left in Germany.

My first choice would be hiking my way up to Kreuzberg with anything that could carry a large amount of liquid.

My next would be a Franziskaner Hefe.

But I'm state side now, so it's a Shiner Bock while I start dinner. Starting with a flank steak suspended over stuffed peppers.

Heh, somebody wants a better sniff.

Every year the little handprints and chalk drawings get higher.

Last edited:
Hoppin Frog Turbo Shandy. (Akron, OH)

It’s ok. A little too sweet for me. I went to pick up some Jackie O’s because I was feeling nostalgic for college, but ended up leaving with this and some Rheingeist.
L6y1sQV.jpg

Usually a good ol lemon beer after a had week of work on a friday is best to me personally. Or a bacardi cola or something strong. Had a nice dutch strong beer last day with a close friend.

XVWsZcI.jpg
Switching it up. Yes it’s Sunday but it’s also President’s Day tomorrow and waifu and I are expecting a friend later. I was feeling way to relaxed on the sofa watching Severance (recommended if you love Philip K Dick because it totally feels like one of his stories!).

So I need to wake up!

So my cold one right now is an espresso martini.

(and yes I totally took the shot in front of my Lego NES because I’m a big nerd)

The cold one for tonight, from a local brewery in Philly. Delicious. Aka brewed with vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar.

N4yUQyJ.jpg

Got the new Coke limited edition and am drinking it now. It isn't too bad tasting. I'm slowly drinking it for now!

cvBpqrz.jpg

Fuckin’ CINCINNATI. (Sorry for the giant head, my dog distracted me while pouring)

2lenkci_d.webp

Don’t drink beer much anymore. But my go to drink is a nice cold old fashioned.

Orange

PXL-20220319-110119456.jpg

Fun fact about these! This is a limited edition edition flavor that's been out of stores for months. Yes, when it comes to Strong Zeroes, a flavor as basic as orange is limited. I stocked up on a bunch to prepare for that, but this is my last one...

b549cc44-ce52-449b-bdmqjzf.jpg

Drinking some tasty Keizerskroon at home. It's my regular brand.

Back
Top Bottom