• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Nintendo Gigaleaks |ST| Tomohiro, we're home.

Test Pokemon Event Cart and Mario Calculator documents.
  • Thanks for compiling this, OP, great stuff. Do we think that Zero eventually turned into Cosmic Walker? The protag looks quite different but is also wearing something resembling a space suit.

cosmic_walker.jpg
    image69.png
    Not 100% sure. I did briefly consider going through Coded Soul to see if it had any assets from ZERO. But it's all using a proprietary format.
    You mentioned Captain Rainbow, so i'll add that another thing we learned about it from the Gigaleak is that it started on the GameCube, under the codename 'ウラキャラ' ('background character').
    Yeah, that was one of the things in the release spreadsheet i figured most people were already aware of.

Here's a smaller thing that i left out of the OP. A test application for the Mystery Gift feature in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl.

Actually getting the gift requires a Japanese copy of the game, but doing so reveals it's a Level 5 Pikachu captured by Nintendo themselves.
    EhiHDjKXgAAGDIt.jpg
    EhiHJGCWsAEHnte.jpg

I took a screenshot of the Event Cart making app (DPDeliver.exe) too, but as noted. I'm pretty sure it needs a Japanese build of Windows as you can tell from the lack of text, and i'm not sure if all of the necessary assets for fully using it are there either.
    yikews.PNG

There was also a few design docs for the Mario Calculator/Clock DSi apps, really.
    clock.PNG

Alongside a text document containing various equations (Over 1000!) for testing.

Last edited:
    brand new leak containing various internal wii applications
  • 16634664410406701.png

yes, we're finally back at this stage. though it's probably not what you're wanting.

that "wii crusher" is the biggest one, essentially being an internal tool that resets a Wii to it's inital state in the factory.
    it'd mainly be useful for homebrew purposes nowadays, as one of the main features is that it lets you run applications off the SD card on startup. which means helpful tools like Bootmii can work on Wiis released after 2009.

The IOP-OS emulator, a stopgap devkit created before the Wii's hardware was finalized.

• Yes, people are still finding notable things in the older leaks.

Just a note on Tomohiro Kawase, his N64 NES emulator was originally planned to be used with the 64DD/Randnet service as a sort of proto-Virtual Console allowing you to download games and even write them to a blank disk. In fact Nintendo sent out a survey to Randnet subscribers asking which Famicom and FDS games they'd most like to see.
    I'm actually not too sure how far into development that went. there's articles from the time period mentioning plans for it. but outside of the emulator (which was internally developed the same year as Randnet.) it doesn't seem like any other work was done on it.

Last edited:
    Map-B from Super Mario World has been repaired.

• for those unaware, this was one of the original designs for the world map in Super Mario World, and pre-dates the more famous early "mushroom" design that appeared in a few screenshots by about 3 months.
    500px-SMWProto_Map2.jpg
    SMWleak_Kinoko_scr_1.png

Back
    Top Bottom