• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Nintendo Fanfiction Thread (feat. Raccoon's Wii Sports Resort successor)

Raccoon's second idea
  • Oh boy, it's time to revive this thread! It sure aged like milk, huh?

The first party development thread is talking about Next Level Games, and to me Next Level Games means Punch-Out!!. Last week I workshopped an idea on Discord that I've become very attached to, more so even than my massive Wii Sports revival featured in this thread's OP. Unlike that proposal, I'll start with the title:

Punch-Out!! Generations

Take a moment to guess what the idea might be. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Have you taken a stab at it? Well, here it is:

The game would have three campaigns: one as Doc Louis, one as Little Mac, and one as his new protege. The timing works out shockingly well, per the Punch-Out!! fan wiki:

Formerly a heavyweight boxer, Doc Louis' presence achieved fame in the United States around 1954.[1] During his time as a boxer it is implied that Doc developed a rivalry or became a trainer with Bald Bull.

The Doc Louis career would take place between 1952 and 1956, the Little Mac career 1987 and 1991, and the new career in close to present day (2022 to 2026, I suppose).

The appeal of this approach is that it would expand on the title defense mode in Wii: young opponents that faced Doc grow and change before Mac faces them, and the same of young opponents of Mac. Their strategies, styles, and attack patterns could all change, creating a lot of meaningful content relatively efficiently.

Representing the different eras of boxing would also provide a lot of stylistic potential that I don't think I need to describe in depth. Just think of the music!

I hope my fellow fans of the series appreciate this idea. I'd love to know what you all think!

And, of course, there's always utility to an ideas thread on the front page. I hope you share yours.

Back
    Top Bottom