• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Nintendo Fanfiction Thread (feat. Raccoon's Wii Sports Resort successor)

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Pronouns
He/Him
We've all done it to some degree. Whether it was on the bus to work or school, taking an especially fat shit, or even lying awake in bed at night, we've all had ideas for games that we wish Nintendo would make. Some of us have taken these ideas to the next level, writing out details, sketching visuals, or even considering who might make the game and when. There are few discussions more appropriate for Famiboards, and with altruism alone in my mind and heart I present you all with this venue, an outlet for your creativity that you may use as you see fit.

Now, incidentally, I've had an idea that I want to talk about. Very regrettably this was not a joke.

Pop quiz dipshits, what's the greatest game of all time?

You probably thought the answer was Wii Sports Resort, based on the title, and while I'm inclined to agree that simply is not the right answer. The answer is Grand Theft Auto V Online. The most expensive game ever made became an online sandbox complete with a dubious, potentially exploitative digital economy.

We will return to this. For now however, it's time to talk about the best game of all time, Wii Sports Resort.

A tight package of polished games, set on the cohesive and interesting backdrop of Wuhu Island, Wii Sports Resort was arguably the peak of the Wii series. if I may be frank, I miss this series. Yes, I am at heart a Wii Kid, and I have immense nostalgia, affection, and appreciation for the simple-yet-polished gameplay, pleasant visuals, and wonderful sounds of the Wii games. I want it back, and I want it on my new favorite piece of Nintendo garbage, the Nintendo Switch.

So, let me walk you through my vision for a resurrection of Wii Sports Resort, and within it a celebration of the past and future of Nintendo.

The first and often most troubling point of contention is the name. I've seen many bizarre and awkward attempts to circumnavigate the Wii name, such as Mii Sports and Switch Sports. Both, to my ear anyway, sound absolutely terrible. Just calling it Wii Sports 3 would be, as the kids say, extremely based, but it would never happen. Furthermore, while I am partial to "Nintendo Sports," it's a somewhat generic name that I feel is also somewhat limiting in scope.

As such, the first and likely most divisive element of my proposal is the name. I am reusing a name that Nintendo has used in the past, which many will certainly take issue with. It is also a somewhat generic name, but I feel that it suits the nature of the game I have envisioned. I will not yet disclose it. I instead invite you to read on and, with the hints given in mind, guess what name I have assigned this deranged wet dream.

So, the first and most important fundamental aspect of the game is that it is Wii Sports Resort 2. Set on Wuhu Island, featuring all of the delightful games within. To refresh your memories, these are as follows:

• Swordplay
  • Wakeboarding
  • Frisbee
  • Archery
  • Basketball
  • Table Tennis
  • Golf
  • Bowling
  • Power Cruising
  • Canoeing
  • Cycling
  • Air Sports

Three of the five sports in the original Wii Sports are missing from this collection, however, and I think their inclusion is imperative to a revival of the Wii spirit:

• Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Boxing

Hey, I have a question for you. Is billiards a sport? Ha trick question, doesn't matter. It's from Wii Play and is coming, too:

- Billiards

Now, what does Nintendo like to do more than anything? That's right, new shit. As such, I have added new shit because it seems appropriate to me. Ice Hockey would of course play similarly to NES Ice Hockey, my favorite game. There is present for this system as well, as the passing of control between players is similar to Wii Sports Resort's Basketball. Anyway, here's the list:

• Soccer
  • Volleyball
  • Ice Hockey
  • Motorsports (Racing)

Yeahhhh we're putting Forza on Wuhu Island, and this game is made up so none of you can stop me. No one can. Anyway, those were just the sports, under the SPORTS category. There are three more categories incoming, giving four total. Here is the delineation of what has gone where.

SPORTS are sports. Fuck you, you know what a sport is. Evidently I don't because billiards is in there, but you get the idea.

MINIGAMES are games that take place in the setting of Wuhu Island and are played with Miis, but I would feel silly calling sports.

MEGAGAMES are lol. Lmao. You'll find out soon, leave me alone.

ARCADE has the games that aren't on Wuhu Island, instead being played on machines in the arcade that has been added to Wuhu Town.

Alright everyone, it's time for more lists. First up is MINIGAMES:

• Fishing (an adaption of that in Wii Play)
  • Soccer Heading (an adaption of the minigame in Wii Fit)
  • Free Run (an adaption of the "mini" "game" in Wii Fit)
  • Fetch (this is like frisbee golf but you just throw a ball and the dog gets it leave me alone)

We're gonna skip MEGAGAMES because oh god oh fuck this post is a disaster. So here are the arcade games, an attractive mix of Wii series relics and real life Nintendo history:

• Tanks (Wii Play)
  • Pose Mii (lmao)
  • Charge (Wii Play)
  • Laser Clay Shooting System (Nintendo)
  • Space Fever (Nintendo bootleg Space Invaders)
  • Block Fever (Nintendo bootleg Breakout)
  • Donkey Kong (fuck you)
  • Sky Skipper (Nintendo)
  • Space Demon (Nintendo)

Wow, isn't that a cool list I came up with. God's light no longer reaches my soul. It's now time for me to wrap around to the MEGAGAMES but first I need to talk about Grand Theft Auto.

Isn't GTA Online the greatest? I've never played it and neither have you, but the idea of setting up a lobby with your friends and dicking around in an open world over the internet seems awesome. Open worlds are awesome, too, let's talk about them first. A wise man once said that if a video game doesn't have an open world, it actually doesn't count. I don't know about you, but I want this game to count. As such, this Wii series revival disaster thing will have an open world.

Honestly, this is one of the less outlandish parts of my post. We're halfway there with Wuhu Island. This merely needs to be taken to its full extent by adding the facilities for the events that I've added, including the arcade, baseball stadium, boxing arena, ice skating rink, and soccer place. Soccer pitch? Or is a baseball pitch. You pitch in baseball so that would make sense. Let me know in the replies.

Of course, players would be able to roam Wuhu Island as they see fit (walking, cycling, carring, planing) to get to the games. And stores, probably. For clothes! Cosmetics. Okay, the internet.

So, you would be able to set up lobbies with up to man I have it written here somewhere number of players 32 players. In these lobbies you would have your own private Wuhu Island, just like in GTA Online, and could engage in all of the activities listed together. Just like in GTA, the open world gameplay would be a big part of the fun. Of course, in either local or online play you would be able to select games from a menu (think Nintendoland).

But wait. You can play all the listed activities, but what about the unlisted activities? There are still MEGAGAMES raccoon what the fuck is a MEGAGAME. Well I'll tell you so sit down you fucking piece of shit basta

This ended up being more work than I thought. I had all these notes taken on my phone across weeks of shits, but writing it out is a lot.

Anyway, to get us back on track, I have a question: what is the greatest game of all time? That's right, it's Fortnite. I have two battle royale modes that are played independently from the rest of the game. They also could be in the lobbies, actually, with fewer players. But the main draw would be 99 player online.

The first is Paintball. Paintball across all of Wuhu Island, with the zone of play decreasing like Fortnite. Have you played Fortnite? It's like that.

The second is Find Mii. This is not the Wii Play game, but is instead like Prop Hunt. Or any hide and seek. But probably Prop Hunt. I am so tired.

So that's a rough explanation of the online functionality. I have player counts and stuff here but I don't want to explain more. Also it didn't fit anywhere else but I think a Party mode, when you climb to the top of Maka Wuhu like Wii Party but the minigames are short sport challenges would be cool. Also Wii Music. All of Wii Music. How long can that take to add, right, it's Wii Music. But imagine the orchestra part but with that many players, all playing regular Wii Music. That'd be awesome.

Okay, so it's time for that dogshit title I mentioned. This is a celebration of Nintendo's past, but it's also a forward-thinking online experience that's social. You set up groups with your friends to play in, and it's all about hanging out, having fun, playing games, being cool. Have you figured it out yet? You probably have. It's...

Club Nintendo.

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry.

oh wait one more thing, obviously this would be made by EPD 4, with support from every god damn person at Nintendo

We've had Team Ninja on Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

We've had Omega Force on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

We've had Kou Shibuwasa on Fire Emblem: Three Houses

We've had Ruby Party on Buddy Mission BOND

It's time...

gust_01-e1553082319833.jpg

+

maxresdefault.jpg

My two dream games (that aren't sequels) are:

• Smash Bros Warriors (aka Hyrule Warriors but not limited to Zelda, the entire Smash Ultimate roster is there and then some)
  • Nintendo Diablo. Randomized loot based RPG. Honestly doesn't even need to be an RPG, Kid Icarus Uprising was close to what I want, just make loot the focus of the game.

As for the OP, I'd play the hell out of that for about a week before I realize I hate playing online with anyone and do something else.

I always had this idea for a game like Ultimate Alliance but set throughout the Nintendo Universe. It first started out by being able to select most of the Nintendo heroes out there, but then the Wii came out. My idea then went to Mii's as the main characters, and they unlock new armor and "weapons" as they travel through the different worlds, and the armor sets are themed for each world. So you can mix and match, or just look like Pious Augustus if you want. The Mii's really make the game for me. We should get Monolith West on it for sure.

Bowser vs. Donkey Kong

Pick either Bowser or Donkey Kong as your playable character. The game is a 2D brawler/platformer as you lead your chosen character on a destructive assault through the other’s territory, culminating in a throw down with your counterpart. Donkey Kong is more agile and favors the platforming challenges. Bowser is more focused on fighting and favors the brawling gameplay.

As for the OP, I'd play the hell out of that for about a week before I realize I hate playing online with anyone and do something else.
it's wii sports resort too though, you could play it with your kids once they're a little bit older

I have devised the perfect video game

As for my entry to this beautiful thread, it's of course motherfucking Impa Gaiden set after the events of Age of Calamity

all you do in this game is drop frogs on mfers

10c.gif

It also makes it abundantly clear that this isn't related to BotW so the less weeby Zelda fans don't have to cry on the internet about it and there's a deep combat system and it has tons of weapons and cool boss fights and another dope ass soundtrack by Kumi Tanioka and co but that's beside the point

We've had Team Ninja on Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

We've had Omega Force on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

We've had Kou Shibuwasa on Fire Emblem: Three Houses

We've had Ruby Party on Buddy Mission BOND

It's time...

gust_01-e1553082319833.jpg

+

maxresdefault.jpg
For a long time I thought that was a good idea, but with how the Mario franchise is positioned, I don't think Gust could make a compelling product these days. Perhaps using Zelda or Fire Emblem it could work though.

As for my entry to this beautiful thread, it's of course motherfucking Impa Gaiden set after the events of Age of Calamity

all you do in this game is drop frogs on mfers

10c.gif

It also makes it abundantly clear that this isn't related to BotW so the less weeby Zelda fans don't have to cry on the internet about it and there's a deep combat system and it has tons of weapons and cool boss fights and another dope ass soundtrack by Kumi Tanioka and co but that's beside the point

I was already in but the I saw Kumi Tanioka and my hope quadrupled
For a long time I thought that was a good idea, but with how the Mario franchise is positioned, I don't think Gust could make a compelling product these days. Perhaps using Zelda or Fire Emblem it could work though.

Nah, the beauty of it is that it's the normie Mario franchise.

An F-Zero game made by RGG Studio, in the style of the Yakuza series.

It's an open world action game AND high-speed racing game, where you progress the story through racing through the F-Zero Racing League, and in between races you can run around Mute City and engage in minigames and substories.

You play as Ryu Suzaku, an up and coming racer born and raised in the mean streets of Mute City who has always looked up to the elusive Captain Falcon, the number one racer in the F-Zero Racing League. A street-smart guy not afraid to get his fists dirty, Ryu's gotta do whatever he can to make ends meet while climbing up from the lowest (and lowest paid) ranks of the League. Just as he starts making a name for himself, he finally has a chance meeting with his hero, Captain Falcon, who tells him he's got his eye on him, as he has a lot of potential as a racer, and wishes him the best of luck in his racing career. High off the greatest moment of his life, Ryu heads back to his Mute City apartment with a heart full of hope. But, the very next day, he wakes up to the news: Captain Falcon has gone missing and is presumed dead. What follows is a huge, league-wide consipracy, where people's trust and reliability are called into question, where massive League corruption is uncovered, and the only one who can expose the truth and find out exactly what happened to Captain Falcon is Ryu Suzaku.

You know how Zelda needs more spin-offs to become an annual series without the need to rely too much on remakes?

You know how I like not just JRPGs, but also SRPGs?

You know how the world desperately needs more of the latter?

Then get ready for Triforce Tactics.

Game needs beer pong as a game if only that the kids that grew up with Wii spots are of drinking age, and I think this would work as a tabletop game with one or multiple switches laid flat.

Eternally Pitness.

Basically a horror game set in the world of Kid Icarus dealing with Greek mythology and monsters.

You know how Zelda needs more spin-offs to become an annual series without the need to rely too much on remakes?

You know how I like not just JRPGs, but also SRPGs?

You know how the world desperately needs more of the latter?

Then get ready for Triforce Tactics.

Project Triforce Tactics

you know what

personally i believe there is a remarkably stark difference between "fan ideas for nintendo games" and "nintendo fanfiction" and you know i went into this thread with the wrong expectation and now i looked up wikipedia's article on 'bowsette' for nothing

The game is called:

S.F.

During a regular, unassuming Direct a teaser for a demo simply called "S.F." airs. It shows a piece of paper, lying on the ground of a dirty basement. The paper, taking the form of an origami mouth, flaps up and down and says "Can you solve the riddle? Can you find the truth?", and burns away. After the presentation, the demo releases. People excitedly download it. They've seen this situation before. Could it be happening again?

Excited to potentially be the first to "find the truth," you hurriedly download the game onto your Switch. The game begins with you in a hallway. The hallway has a staircase leading to nowhere, a window into darkness, and a single , solitary item. A filing cabinet. You interact with the cabinet. It opens. Inside is a knife, and a note. The note simply states:

You'll know what to do.

The knife automatically equips.

Confused, you do the only thing you can do and start to swing it. But as soon as you start to swing, a maniacal laughter fills the air. Blood rains from the ceiling. You die.

And respawn. The same hallway. The same filing cabinet. The same knife. No other options. You equip the knife once more, perplexed. You move around the hallway, searching for something... anything. Everything seems familiar. And then you see it. A hole, in the floor. It wasn't there before. You move close, and notice that within the hole is a mouth. Fearing no consequence, you stab the knife into the mouth. Through rushes of blood it begins to laugh, and smile, and with gargling breaths it says:

"To live is to be together. To die is to be apart."

Your screen dims red. You die.

The hole still there, you move towards it once again. You try every button on the controller, multiple times each. You try the Konami code. You try mashing the buttons until your pro controller cannot mash anymore. Nothing. Frustrated, you go to the home menu. You press the Select button to uninstall the game. A tone plays. If by compulsion you stop the deletion and enter the game again. The mouth, smiling, begins to speak:

"Well done. Seek the four squares. Destiny awaits."

It laughs a warm laugh, and sinks into the floor below. With no idea what it could possibly be referring to, you search the hallway once more. The laughter begins to roar again. A dark figure jumps out. A reflection, staring into your heart from the Switch's 7 inch screen, stares back at you. It jumps. You die.

And respawn. Shapes crawl across the walls. Shapes crawl across your eyes. Your ears ring and your eyes are tainted crimson. The knife is gone. You scramble forward, desperate to stop the ceaseless noise. The end of the hallway presents only laughter. The beginning, only laughter. Your vision falls to the ground in despair. And there you see them. Four squares. You interact with them. The world is back to normal. For now, at least. The mouth laughs. You move over to it, and press the interact button. The squares fall in, but you fall even deeper. With a smile, and a joyful holler, it speaks its final words.

"Creation is a wonderful thing," it says.

With a hurricane-like rush of wind the mouth begins to suck in all that surrounds it, until both you and the hallway are floating in an endless void. For a moment the world comes back to you, and you admire how amazing this looks on your OLED Model Switch. The moment ends, and you begin to explore. There is nothing but darkness until, after ages have passed, you notice a bright light in the distance. Squinting, you see a square. Perfectly rectangle, divine in its glory, it stares back at you. "Surely, this must be the end?" you think. "How long have you even been playing this game?" you think. In fact, you had only started it an hour ago, after finishing your last meal. Yet you feel hungry already. You look outside, it's morning. Which morning? Your batteries should have died by now. You look to your room. The flowers on your window-sill are wilting.

You inch agonizingly slowly towards the box. It's the only thing with meaning, as if all your mysteries will be answered, all your dreams made true.

A black screen. A final screen. You look down - a skeleton. You haven't eaten. You haven't drank. The systems that support your feeble body are failing. Your mind? It has never been more alive. Filled with unimaginable bliss, you weep. The world weeps alongside you.

Finally, you reach it. The box is in front of you. The knife, a friend from eons past, appears in your hands. With your last remaining strength you press the interact button. The knife plunges deep into the heart of the box, and the screen blinds you with white light. Content, your arms fall to their side, and as you take your final breaths you finally find peace. For there is a better future confirmed. A brighter future. The screen simply reads:

Switch Folders

"Fucking finally," you think, as the reaper makes his claim.

I got a couple of these kicking around in my head, let's start with my boy DK

Sequel to Tropical Freeze developed by Retro, closing out their DK trilogy. Kremlings are back, with a Japanese theme this time. K Rool is dressed up like a shogun and leading a fleet of imperial looking Japanese ships, like this
Japanese_envoy_to_Tang_Dynasty_China_ship_2010.jpg

The main ship has an ampitheater on deck. K Rool has kidnapped DK, stolen all the bananas and has him chained up on stage for his entertainment, so you play as Diddy, Dixie and Cranky. By world 4 or so you've already arrived at K Rool's fleet, which seems suspiciously early. One of my level ideas for this world is a silhouette level like we had in Returns and Tropical Freeze, set to a Japanese screen door foreground, like this
reenactment-medium-shot-silhouette-through-shoji-screen-of-samurai-video-id839-85

Final level of the world is K Rool's main ship, where you fight and beat him on his shipdeck ampitheater, illuminated by theater lights and with ornate sails as backdrop. You free DK who proceeds to banana slamma K Rool. But suddenly, rumbling... giant monuments and ancient tech rise from the ocean! Surprise, K Rool isn't the big bad after all - you've awakened the ancient civilization that's been hinted at in some of the levels of the past two games! They steal all the bananas from K Rool or something idk, and his treasure too. They lift them high up into the sky on a floating island, just like the secret world in Tropical Freeze. So now DK has to team up with K Rool to defeat this new threat, and both become playable too from this point

The big bad ancient civilization guys look like mega Alakazam, except monkeys
6ef57b70dc74663cc1c203d7006e69cbad6bb15f.png

The game is called:

S.F.

During a regular, unassuming Direct a teaser for a demo simply called "S.F." airs. It shows a piece of paper, lying on the ground of a dirty basement. The paper, taking the form of an origami mouth, flaps up and down and says "Can you solve the riddle? Can you find the truth?", and burns away. After the presentation, the demo releases. People excitedly download it. They've seen this situation before. Could it be happening again?

Excited to potentially be the first to "find the truth," you hurriedly download the game onto your Switch. The game begins with you in a hallway. The hallway has a staircase leading to nowhere, a window into darkness, and a single , solitary item. A filing cabinet. You interact with the cabinet. It opens. Inside is a knife, and a note. The note simply states:

You'll know what to do.

The knife automatically equips.

Confused, you do the only thing you can do and start to swing it. But as soon as you start to swing, a maniacal laughter fills the air. Blood rains from the ceiling. You die.

And respawn. The same hallway. The same filing cabinet. The same knife. No other options. You equip the knife once more, perplexed. You move around the hallway, searching for something... anything. Everything seems familiar. And then you see it. A hole, in the floor. It wasn't there before. You move close, and notice that within the hole is a mouth. Fearing no consequence, you stab the knife into the mouth. Through rushes of blood it begins to laugh, and smile, and with gargling breaths it says:

"To live is to be together. To die is to be apart."

Your screen dims red. You die.

The hole still there, you move towards it once again. You try every button on the controller, multiple times each. You try the Konami code. You try mashing the buttons until your pro controller cannot mash anymore. Nothing. Frustrated, you go to the home menu. You press the Select button to uninstall the game. A tone plays. If by compulsion you stop the deletion and enter the game again. The mouth, smiling, begins to speak:

"Well done. Seek the four squares. Destiny awaits."

It laughs a warm laugh, and sinks into the floor below. With no idea what it could possibly be referring to, you search the hallway once more. The laughter begins to roar again. A dark figure jumps out. A reflection, staring into your heart from the Switch's 7 inch screen, stares back at you. It jumps. You die.

And respawn. Shapes crawl across the walls. Shapes crawl across your eyes. Your ears ring and your eyes are tainted crimson. The knife is gone. You scramble forward, desperate to stop the ceaseless noise. The end of the hallway presents only laughter. The beginning, only laughter. Your vision falls to the ground in despair. And there you see them. Four squares. You interact with them. The world is back to normal. For now, at least. The mouth laughs. You move over to it, and press the interact button. The squares fall in, but you fall even deeper. With a smile, and a joyful holler, it speaks its final words.

"Creation is a wonderful thing," it says.

With a hurricane-like rush of wind the mouth begins to suck in all that surrounds it, until both you and the hallway are floating in an endless void. For a moment the world comes back to you, and you admire how amazing this looks on your OLED Model Switch. The moment ends, and you begin to explore. There is nothing but darkness until, after ages have passed, you notice a bright light in the distance. Squinting, you see a square. Perfectly rectangle, divine in its glory, it stares back at you. "Surely, this must be the end?" you think. "How long have you even been playing this game?" you think. In fact, you had only started it an hour ago, after finishing your last meal. Yet you feel hungry already. You look outside, it's morning. Which morning? Your batteries should have died by now. You look to your room. The flowers on your window-sill are wilting.

You inch agonizingly slowly towards the box. It's the only thing with meaning, as if all your mysteries will be answered, all your dreams made true.

A black screen. A final screen. You look down - a skeleton. You haven't eaten. You haven't drank. The systems that support your feeble body are failing. Your mind? It has never been more alive. Filled with unimaginable bliss, you weep. The world weeps alongside you.

Finally, you reach it. The box is in front of you. The knife, a friend from eons past, appears in your hands. With your last remaining strength you press the interact button. The knife plunges deep into the heart of the box, and the screen blinds you with white light. Content, your arms fall to their side, and as you take your final breaths you finally find peace. For there is a better future confirmed. A brighter future. The screen simply reads:

Switch Folders

"Fucking finally," you think, as the reaper makes his claim.
Bookmarking to read later when I have an hour.

An F-Zero game made by RGG Studio, in the style of the Yakuza series.

It's an open world action game AND high-speed racing game, where you progress the story through racing through the F-Zero Racing League, and in between races you can run around Mute City and engage in minigames and substories.

You play as Ryu Suzaku, an up and coming racer born and raised in the mean streets of Mute City who has always looked up to the elusive Captain Falcon, the number one racer in the F-Zero Racing League. A street-smart guy not afraid to get his fists dirty, Ryu's gotta do whatever he can to make ends meet while climbing up from the lowest (and lowest paid) ranks of the League. Just as he starts making a name for himself, he finally has a chance meeting with his hero, Captain Falcon, who tells him he's got his eye on him, as he has a lot of potential as a racer, and wishes him the best of luck in his racing career. High off the greatest moment of his life, Ryu heads back to his Mute City apartment with a heart full of hope. But, the very next day, he wakes up to the news: Captain Falcon has gone missing and is presumed dead. What follows is a huge, league-wide consipracy, where people's trust and reliability are called into question, where massive League corruption is uncovered, and the only one who can expose the truth and find out exactly what happened to Captain Falcon is Ryu Suzaku.
I appreciate you using Ryu as the protagonist instead of just the regular Captain Falcon. I think for a game like that, he would be an excellent fit to take the lead.

Will Raccoon's idea be announced in the upcoming January Direct? #TeamJanuaryForLife

🎶 Fighting evil by moonlight 🎶
🎶 Winning love by daylight 🎶

That's right! Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is making her long awaited video game comeback in the latest Nintendo X Atlus collaboration:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions SM

Positioned as Persona for Girls™, Nintendo is rebranding TMS as the premiere JRPG series starring women, and what better crossover IP to commemorate the shift than the legendary Sailor Moon. The game adapts the original Dark Kingdom arc and, following the Persona template, gameplay is split in two phases, Daylight and Moonlight. During the Daylight phase, Usagi Tsukino attends school, forms social bonds with new friends (and a cat!), and has impromptu meet-ups with her crush, Mamoru. Magical Girl Transformation sequences ensue as we enter the Moonlight phase, where Sailor Moon and the girls explore dungeons and fight mischief in typical Atlus turn-based combat. Of course, 2 years later this multimillion selling smash gets an expanded re-release that introduces Chibiusa + the Black Moon arc, plus a TMS #3 is announced, starring an original female protagonist.

🌙 Moon Prism Power Make-Up! 🌙

Switch_TokyoMirage_ND0904_SCRN_06_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

ee1cff7d9b8e426a5d8427dbd5409db73a9c6113v2_hq.jpg

Alright second idea

Third-person Star Fox action-adventure game developed by Retro. I think that NieR: Automata is a perfect template for a Star Fox game. Giant space station hub where you can upgrade your ship/gear and pick up quests. Set out for a variety of wide-linear planets that comprise the game's on-foot gameplay. With on-rails shooter sections in between to stitch them together

The on-foot segment would play like a Platinum action game. Borrow a bunch of Fox's Smash moves. Laser gun as a long distance option a la the pod in Automata, reflector as a parry, and side B as a distance-closing approach option. I can already picture him wailing on a robot enemy with a flurry of kicks like his jab combo

I can even visualize some of the levels and menu aesthetics, and picture a trailer in my mind, but I'm not gonna throw together mockups for my fanfiction lol

I want Miyamoto to make a real horror game. Not silly Luigi's Mansion stuff, real bloody and terrifying horror.

I bet he's got some darkness that he really needs to let out.

Oh and let's just whip together a story too, why not, this is the fanfiction thread after all
Full disclosure I have never played a Star Fox game, so apologies if some of these details are super wonky or are way off from what fans actually want, but almost all the Star Fox games are reboots/retellings anyway lol

Fox McCloud is an upstart pilot in the space federation, graduating from the academy with top marks. After a string of successful missions, the commander pairs him up with the rebellious Falco, a pilot with a rap sheet and streak of disobedience who's on his last strike before getting cut from the squad. The commander hopes that top pilot Fox can whip Falco into shape, but Fox's real reason for enlisting was to track down his missing father, who disappeared with nary a trail years ago. What happened to Fox's father? Can this unlikely duo overcome their differences and band together to stave off the biggest threat the galaxy has encountered yet and and save Christmas? All these answers and more, in Retro's Star Fox

excellent OP Raccoon, beautiful arcs of chaos woven with an expert hand (or in raccoon terms, “weird little people hand”)

god I better get the lightning going in my brain to contribute at peer level

how do I say “gimme 30 Hollow Knights” without saying gimme 30 Hollow Knights

I would be very much down for a Wii Sports Resort successor on Switch.

WSR was the game that I got with my Wii in 2009, and playing it for the first time, experiencing 1:1 swordplay, flying the plane, or doing archery and bowling was the most "next gen" thing I've experienced since the leap to 3D with the N64 and PS1. It truly felt like something from the future, like it had come straight out of an episode of Star Trek.

It's legitimately one of the best games of 2009 for me.

After 12 years, Mario makes his grand return to the cosmos in...

New Super Mario Galaxy

Bowser has broken the barriers between dimensions, and every galaxy in the universe has been altered because of it! It's up to Mario and his crew aboard the new and improved Starship Mario to restore the universe to it's proper order, by taking on a series of mind-boggling platforming challenges. The gravity-deying fun of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is combined with new dimensional rifts, allowing the scenery and enviornmmet to change in a flash!

A variery of power-ups aid Mario on his quest. New additions to the Galaxy series include:

• Rubber Duck Mushroom: Mario dons a Rubber Duck suit and can glide and bounce across water with ease.
  • Knight Flower: Mario gains a suit of shining armor, weilding a sword for special motion control segments.
  • Glitch Mushroom: Mario becomes one with the multiverse, allowing him to shift across the fabric of reality in weird ways to fight foes and platform his way across Galaxies.

After 12 years, Mario makes his grand return to the cosmos in...

New Super Mario Galaxy

Bowser has broken the barriers between dimensions, and every galaxy in the universe has been altered because of it! It's up to Mario and his crew aboard the new and improved Starship Mario to restore the universe to it's proper order, by taking on a series of mind-boggling platforming challenges. The gravity-deying fun of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is combined with new dimensional rifts, allowing the scenery and enviornmmet to change in a flash!

A variery of power-ups aid Mario on his quest. New additions to the Galaxy series include:

• Rubber Duck Mushroom: Mario dons a Rubber Duck suit and can glide and bounce across water with ease.
  • Knight Flower: Mario gains a suit of shining armor, weilding a sword for special motion control segments.
  • Glitch Mushroom: Mario becomes one with the multiverse, allowing him to shift across the fabric of reality in weird ways to fight foes and platform his way across Galaxies.
Also Nintendo adds “womp womp” to all you favorite classic tracks from the previous games.

okay let’s see

MARIO KART: GAIDEN

Mario was one day kart when suddenly several other things happen to him and friendmarios

Gameplay:
Mario Kart

but also it’s Grand Theft Auto
and also it’s Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
and also Splatoon???

you’re in a big open city full of people / toads / fools and you can launch your Mario Kart weapons to cause mass murder and get chased by the Koopa feds (???)

this open city is your main area and you can go around finding fucked up tasks to do. you can also blast open secret walls and areas and make your kart better and expand your world earning money from these ludicrous tasks

Tasks:
  • Races — you race, sometimes one-on-one
  • Trick Tracks — check off tasks like in Tony Hawk, the whole deal! Collect collectibles, letters, do crimes, get high scores! normal tracks and also open tracks, secret areas, and everything
  • Battle Modes — all battle modes from 8 Deluxe but with more implied violence and high-stakes rivalry
  • Steal — you gotta steal a thing and outrun the Koopa feds (koops?) as they try to shell you. make it long enough / far enough and you win!
  • Gas War — you spray gas behind you and your items do shit too! It’s turf war but gas!! 4 v 4!! chaos!!
  • Koccer — Mario Kart Rocket League!! including fucked up modes like hockey on ice
  • Kartle Royale — you do a Fortnite in the big city
  • Kartrobatics — it’s Trials but Mario Kart!! do yr fancy physics race, complete with the “eject” button and ragdoll disaster
  • Shadow of the Kartlossus — drive around on tracks fastened to giant moving titans and use items to attack their weak points. kill god!
  • Graffiti — In the city you can pop out of your car and steal other vehicles, but the best part is everybody can whip out a specialized FLUDD and graffiti shit around the city!
I’m sure there are more terrible things I could come up with but this is what I’ve got for now

the game we truly deserve™

okay let’s see

Mario was one day kart when suddenly several other things happen to him and friendmarios

Gameplay:
Mario Kart

but also it’s Grand Theft Auto
and also it’s Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
and also Splatoon???

you’re in a big open city full of people / toads / fools and you can launch your Mario Kart weapons to cause mass murder and get chased by the Koopa feds (???)

this open city is your main area and you can go around finding fucked up tasks to do. you can also blast open secret walls and areas and make your kart better and expand your world earning money from these ludicrous tasks

Tasks:
  • Races — you race, sometimes one-on-one
  • Trick Tracks — check off tasks like in Tony Hawk, the whole deal! Collect collectibles, letters, do crimes, get high scores! normal tracks and also open tracks, secret areas, and everything
  • Battle Modes — all battle modes from 8 Deluxe but with more implied violence and high-stakes rivalry
  • Steal — you gotta steal a thing and outrun the Koopa feds (koops?) as they try to shell you. make it long enough / far enough and you win!
  • Gas War — you spray gas behind you and your items do shit too! It’s turf war but gas!! 4 v 4!! chaos!!
  • Koccer — Mario Kart Rocket League!! including fucked up modes like hockey on ice
  • Kartle Royale — you do a Fortnite in the big city
  • Kartrobatics — it’s Trials but Mario Kart!! do yr fancy physics race, complete with the “eject” button and ragdoll disaster
  • Shadow of the Kartlossus — drive around on tracks fastened to giant moving titans and use items to attack their weak points. kill god!
  • Graffiti — In the city you can pop out of your car and steal other vehicles, but the best part is everybody can whip out a specialized FLUDD and graffiti shit around the city!
I’m sure there are more terrible things I could come up with but this is what I’ve got for now

the game we truly deserve™
rock-clapping.gif

The reason why Nintendo made the Wii slightly more powerful than a Gamecube is to trick Microsoft and Sony out of business. Let's look at it this way, Nintendo most likely knew that the Wii was going to sell well. So by making it less powerful than the 360 and PS3 and marketing it as a casual console, Sony and Microsoft would think that doing the exact same thing will increase sales heavily. Which most likely won't work.

Did it work? So far we have no idea. But i'm going to guess yes. Mainly because Sony and Microsoft are following Nintendo's casual strategy. For example Microsoft is forcing Rare to make casual Kinect games.
- Me, at like 14 years old.
(Yes, i know it's technically not a fanfic. But i was so dumbfounded by this that i gave up my search for finding fic stuff i wrote back then. It was mostly Sonic related stuff anyways.)
Game needs beer pong as a game if only that the kids that grew up with Wii spots are of drinking age, and I think this would work as a tabletop game with one or multiple switches laid flat.
You joke but someone actually did try this on Wiiware, to major controversy. Resulting in all references to alcohol being removed.

My dream game is a mix between Zelda and Stardew Valley where you can create your own character, reside in Kakariko, Hateno etc. and live your life fishing, growing crops, developing relationships with your neighbours, and going on adventures in nearby caves to gather resources.

Am just there for years waiting for a thief game from Aonuma...only it was revealed that he teased Link's Awakening remake. This still hurts.

Second Idea that I originally came up with in another thread about sequels to Switch IPs:

ARMS Afterparty

The core idea of the game would be that it's ARMS but crazier, being set in unoffical "street" tournaments rather than the official league. This means insane level gimmicks, a variety of special/ko moves, and a plethora of items. Every character and stage would be brand new, with zero content from the original coming back. The biggest new addition would be a proper story mode, focused on the game's cast trying to save the world from evil clones of their heroes: the cast of the original game.

A few of the new characters would include:

Spring Kid: The new "basic character". Kind of like spring man but a little less experienced and younger.

Ivy: A girl from the jungles with vines for arms.

Octo-Man: A human/octoupus hybrid born from a lab experiment gone wrong. He has 8 arms that do minimal damage individually, but are stronger together.

Back
Top Bottom