• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Has Been Rated by the ESRB

The moment they gave us the actual launch date, down to the day, was the moment that, outside of unforeseen natural catastrophes, there wouldn't be any more delays.

If they had even the slightest bit of doubt, they would've used "Spring 2023" instead.

Last edited:
So the game should probably be going gold around March then right?

I am assuming they are just bug fixing and doing some finishing touches.

So excited

"Mild" suggestive. Not "massively" suggestive!

;D

Out of curiosity I went to see what the ESRB wrote for BotW, lol. I'm gonna seek out this dialogue in the game now.

The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?"

Out of curiosity I went to see what the ESRB wrote for BotW, lol. I'm gonna seek out this dialogue in the game now.

The first sentence is without a doubt a dialogue from one of the fairies. Didn't think they would be able to make the BotW fairies even hornier in TotK.

Oh wait, you were talking about BotW. Got that wrong.

The first sentence is without a doubt a dialogue from one of the fairies. Didn't think they would be able to make the BotW fairies even hornier in TotK.

Oh wait, you were talking about BotW. Got that wrong.
I think the first one is from the horny arrow shop seller in Kakariko whose husband is too into cuckoos to satisfy her

Big news here is the game has "mild suggestive themes". What could those be?
BOTW had them too so it’s probably just great fairies and Zelda looking for frogs

In fact it’s the exact same ESRB rating and justifications than BOTW, minus the mention of alcohol

I think the first one is from the horny arrow shop seller in Kakariko whose husband is too into cuckoos to satisfy her

Remembering (or being reminded) how horny a game BotW is, i might hold off playing TotK until my two younger ones are asleep.

RIP Noble Pursuit. I hope nothing happened to the Gerudo Bar. Or the Town...

Ganon destroyed everything. Tears of the Kingdom has no towns.

Big news here is the game has "mild suggestive themes". What could those be?

Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Arrow-Girl.jpg

phew, I would not want to be on the QA team for a botw sequel where you can roll back time and phase through terrain
QA team is just an intern with a single sheet of paper and a blunt pencil, judging by the state of PokΓ©mon.

This is a joke. Zelda is the precious child and Nintendo will absolutely assure that there quality.

phew, I would not want to be on the QA team for a botw sequel where you can roll back time and phase through terrain
At some point, QA management, as well as their superiors, would have to realize that they and their team are doing the best they can, but can't hope to completely outpace the imaginations of BOTW players like Peco.

On that note: I can't wait for the Tears Combo MADs.

Disappointed that Link doesn’t say shit or fuck

Will believe it when the release date is drawing close. Until that time I'll just keep wondering what's in the water over in Kyoto, because I haven't seen art direction this stellar since... 2017. 😬

there probably won't be a catastrophic world event that would require the game to be delayed again.
lol this reminded me of how Nintendo didn't livestream the Sept. Direct in the UK because of the Queen's death.

Hopefully no mummified ancient kings attack the Earth's surface causing buildings to rise up into the sky in the next couple of months. But you know how these past two years have been. πŸ€ͺ

Huh, I thought Zelda had been rated T since Twilight Princess. I guess because here in Australia that's been the case (every main 3D game since Twilight Princess has been M, our equivalent of T).

I assumed Twilight Princess being a darker Zelda game is what earned it the higher rating, and given the first trailer and Aonuma's comments, I was expecting this to be darker than BotW, but perhaps it's not as dark as I thought given the E10 rating?

Back
Top Bottom