• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The Fami Christmas support thread

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi Fami.

My heart goes out to anyone feeling lonely, stressed or isolated for any reason this holiday. If you’ve got no one to talk to, or are stuck with people who are a drain on you, or just need to commiserate or vent about something without dropping the vibe elsewhere, drop in here and I’ll be around. Much love to you all, PK.

I had the worst day today. I dropped one of the gifts I was giving someone and it shattered all over the place. And then, later in the day, I dropped a gift someone gave to me and it broke. I feel absolutely awful.

I had the worst day today. I dropped one of the gifts I was giving someone and it shattered all over the place. And then, later in the day, I dropped a gift someone gave to me and it broke. I feel absolutely awful.
Ah sorry to hear that, how unlucky, especially after you’ve put effort into a gift for someone.

I'm lucky enough to have found my way back to my family and loved ones the last few years, but I really remember how it feels to feel cold, isolated and lonely during Christmas and the holidays. My DM's are open, fam.

Luckily enough, I don't have to engage with the underhandedly abusive side of my family anymore. They used to visit over Christmas, but we have successfully cut them loose a few years ago.

Still, this thread made me recall Christmases past, which their presence had made utterly dismal and uncomfortable. My heart goes out to anyone who has to suffer through sharing a table with abusive family members because "It's Christmas, they are family, and they will be gone in two days, tops — how bad can it be…"

Back
Top Bottom