• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan gets surprise release on Nintendo Switch, runs at 24 fps

mazi

picross pundit

*The Nintendo Switch™ version runs at 24 FPS.

23d1b8d4e491ae43f2b7bc9645c29aba.gif

Just got it, runs and looks fine. It's capped at 24fps and since the game is a cinematic QTE experience doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

Would I recommend it? They say the sequels are much better than this first game but for 20 bucks I don't think I'd go wrong.

That's fun, hopefully the rest of them come over as well.

Man of Medan is probably the weakest of the Anthology, but it's still good fun with a group.

some of the stories in these games are just so goddamn awful, having a group to mock it is probably the only way it works

some of the stories in these games are just so goddamn awful, having a group to mock it is probably the only way it works
I wouldn't say that Man of Medan is the worst of them, but next to Until Dawn and The Quarry, the Dark Pictures Anthology is just not great.

I wouldn't say that Man of Medan is the worst of them, but next to Until Dawn and The Quarry, the Dark Pictures Anthology is just not great.

Judging purely from having watched group playthroughs of them, I'd rank House of Ashes between Until Dawn and The Quarry, possibly above both. The other Dark Anthology entries are solidly sub-par for the series, though.

This release makes zero sense and it's a 4 year old late port to boot.
This is Namco, this is literally what they do on Switch all the time. We got Digimon World Next Order this February, a 7 year late port. SEVEN.

And it does make sense after the success of Life is Strange on Switch.

I never finished Man of Medan on my PS5, I should do that here soon. I enjoy the series a lot, though, even if it doesn't reach the heights of the Quarry, so having it available for portable play on Switch is a great option.

If the LG C1 has up to 120Hz, then theoretically it should be able to display 24Hz content pretty nicely, right?
Yeah, 5:1 frames would make for a smooth experience. The Switch's own 60 Hz panel, though? Eeeeh. Could be worse, but could be better as well.

Yeah, 5:1 frames would make for a smooth experience. The Switch's own 60 Hz panel, though? Eeeeh. Could be worse, but could be better as well.
Guess it'll just be locked to the dock for playing this one then haha

That's the game the thread is originally about. The one that just dropped is The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope.

Little Hope may in fact be the absolute worst DPA entry.

The entire game is the hallucination of the bus driver that goes "missing" right after the bus accident at the start.

Little Hope may in fact be the absolute worst DPA entry.

The entire game is the hallucination of the bus driver that goes "missing" right after the bus accident at the start.
Ugh, I and the people with which I played this game absolutely loved the entire thing until the ending, but that ending destroyed literally all enjoyment afterwards. What did the Witch Trials even had to do with the rest of the story if that was the twist anyway?!

Ugh, I and the people with which I played this game absolutely loved the entire thing until the ending, but that ending destroyed literally all enjoyment afterwards. What did the Witch Trials even had to do with the rest of the story if that was the twist anyway?!
Not only that, but the twist kills any incentive you might have to replay the game and see if you can keep everyone alive. None of them were real in the first place, so who cares?

Back
Top Bottom