• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News the classic Famicom platformer "Ufouria: The Saga" is getting a sequel on February 29 2024

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

the associate to "Gimmick!", this game was similarly mostly locked to Japan with an obscure & rare localized release in certain EU territories.
Gimmick notably already had a sequel of sorts in the form of the inexplicably arcade exclusive (in 2020) Exact☆Mix, so it makes sense Ufouria would be next.

the associate to "Gimmick!", this game was similarly mostly locked to Japan with an obscure & rare localized release in certain EU territories.
Gimmick notably already had a sequel of sorts in the form of the inexplicably arcade exclusive (in 2020) Exact☆Mix, so it makes sense Ufouria would be next.

Is this a sequel, or a remake? It is titled Uforia: The Saga 2, but the video says "A full remake".

That said, the game looks super cute!

The first game was on Wii VC in NA, right? I've been meaning to play it for years and I thought I remembered purchasing it there prior to the Wii Shop shutdown.

From reading the press release, sounds like it will be a mix of a remake of the original plus roguelite elements with some randomized portions of level design in the Metroidvania map:

I was racking my brain trying to remember where I had seen the original before… I think it was shown off randomly during a Nintendo livestream in the Wii U era? Maybe the Treehouse streams during E3?? If that sounds familiar to anyone please let me know :/ It was on my eShop wishlist forever but I never actually bought it before the shutdown happened.

Anyway the art direction for this looks amazing, I’ll be keeping an eye on it!

The original is a super cozy game, looking forward to the sequel, art style looks great.

I still got a NES copy of this game,
it sold just a bit over 6000 copies in Sweden during the 90's

I hope the Sunsoft renaissance continues. I was pleasantly surprised to see even Arabian show up on Evercade recently.

release date, ports for PS5/Xbox Series are also being considered post-launch.

Japan (at least for now) is also getting a proper collector's edition. which includes a plushie, a pin, a mini whiteboard magnet, and the soundtracks for both this game and the original on CD.
Ufouria-The-Saga-2-Date_11-09-23_002-768x432.jpg

Going head-to-head with Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, I like it.

The OG on Wii VC was dope! One of those NES games that felt ahead of its time.

The sequel is out now and there are quite a few reviews. Sounds like a relaxing gem along the lines of Kirby's Epic Yarn, art and music and whimsy included. That sounds wonderful to me.

reviews

Back
Top Bottom