• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News the artbook for "Born of Bread" was pulled off the Switch eshop after Nintendo discovered it contained uncensored swearing (relisted and temp rerated)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

this is why you see disclaimers proclaiming that the "special features are unrated" on various DVDs and Blu-Rays. (for reference, the base game is rated E10+ for fantasy violence and mild language.)

dealing with saltier elements in development materials is a fairly common thing. those recent Sonic 2 documents have an image of Sonic smoking a cigarette, for example. and one of the reasons the Atari 50 collection has a teen rating is because of the developers casually bringing up the usage of drugs at the Atari offices.

This forum is rated E for Everyone. Please be more mindful of this in the future. Thank you. 🙂
pc3o0N0.gif

(Really though this game looks cool and was totally under my radar. I should look into it!)

Is Born of Bread a game that classic Paper Mario fans consider to be another worthy spiritual successor, similar to Bug Fables? I'm curious about how this game was received, given how this is not something just any Paper Mario like game did (e.g.: Outbound Ghost certainly didn't).

Thank you for reading.

Weird. Isn't swearing allowed on Family Boards? If Nintendo bans that content from the eShop I think we should not allow it here for consistency.

So much for the Nintendo seal of quality, what does that even mean these days. Would be surprised if families aren't requesting refunds on this.

True story: my parents returned a Finding Nemo game to the store when I was a kid because the sharks said the word 'Bloody'. Yes, the cashier looked confused.

I was spending my nights reading this art book on my switch, as I am one to do, and when i saw this cursed word…I broke my switch in half, burnt my amiibos, and threw up. How could nintendo allow this!?!?

officially re-added to the Switch eshop
you might notice that the art book now requires you to enter your birth date before viewing it, this is because it’s been re-rated to Mature for containing “strong language” that isn’t appropriate for 10-year-olds

according to the development team, this is a temporary solution. and they are planning to clean out the swearing in a future patch. At which point it should hopefully get brought back to it’s original rating.

a physical version of the artbook is being made
GJNOrZdWgAABP4y.jpg:orig

Extend the Born of Bread experience with this limited Deluxious Edition box set! Presented in a large format cardboard box, this numbered release comes with an 80-page making-of artbook including design sketches and unpublished interviews with the developers to find out everything about the design of Born of Bread! Music lovers will also be happy to enjoy the delicious OST in the form of a previously unreleased vinyl.
(store page)
it's a shame the fork and knife aren't included

it seems highly unlikely, but it would be very amusing if the uncensored version was immortalized through this. the digital version still hasn't been replaced yet.

Back
Top Bottom