• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Thank Goodness You're Here! | A "comedy slapformer" coming to Switch!

7threst

Hello, lady of the house speaking?
Pronouns
He/him/his
thank-goodness-youre-8vd8f.jpg

Name: Thank Goodness You're Here!
Publisher: Panic
Developer: Coal Supper
Platform: Switch, PS5, PC
Release: somewhere in 2024

Revealed at Gamescom Opening Night, here's what to expect of the game according to Nintendo Everything:

After arriving early for a big meeting with the mayor of a bizarre Northern English town, a traveling salesman takes the time to explore and meet the locals, who are all very eager to give him a series of increasingly odd jobs…

“Thank Goodness You’re Here!” is a comedy slapformer, which unfolds over time as the players’ exploration and antics leave their mark on the strange town of Barnsworth. With each completed odd job, new areas of the town open up, stranger and stranger tasks become available, and the clock ticks towards our salesman’s big meeting. The town’s colorful inhabitants are brought to life with vibrant hand-drawn animation, fully voiced dialogue, and wall-to-wall double entendres.

Key Features

• Bold, beautiful visual design that seamlessly blends side-scrolling action vignettes with top-down exploration in a chock-a-block open world
  • Progressively more involved and puzzling odd-jobs to complete: cut the grass, bake a pie, traverse the astral plane!
  • Hand-crafted animation and original story based on traditional Yorkshire folklore
    Authentic regional dialects guaranteed to mek thi spit art thi tea laughin’
  • Oddly moving original soundtrack
And DEFINITELY check out the trailer:

As someone who is Yorkshire born and bred I may have to check this out!

This is something I’m gonna need subtitles for 😂

The old lady drawing eyes on the sausage at the end killed me

Back
Top Bottom