• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Tennessee GOP Proposes Bill Eliminating Age Requirements for Marriage (Also an anti lgbtq marriage bill)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1250

like what the fuck!?
everyone needs toKNOW how bad this is why they shouldn't trust any Republicans ever. no matter what the lies they spew and why they should fight back
seriously we need to have these assholes in JAIL

Something to note beyond how disgusting this is allowing child marriages, is that the Republicans are also trying to sneak it a stipulation that would null same sex marriages too, as a way to get around the Supreme Court ruling. It would use a loop hole that defines the marriages into "separate classes". This is a result of the same sex marriage not being codified and legislation passed to further codify. Another significant failure all around.

I'm beyond fucking pissed. And if this attempts to be challenged, which is what the Republicans are clearly trying to do, they are likely wanting the ruling to be defended that the "separate classification" is legal, meaning we just don't fucking have the same rights.

i found this

EXPLAINS EVERY FUCKING THING!

Republicans keep finding a way to become even more horrible. I truly don't understand how people can support this party.
cause they're one and the same creeps pieces of shits and pedo's and homophobes

Can we please not post every tweet about a shitty world event as "news" in this website?
I don't think it serves any noble purpose - and nobody needs to have Famiboards be their main source of news. That's not what this site's for

cause they're one and the same creeps pieces of shits and pedo's and homophobes
Well yeah, I was more so saying I can't believe there are that many people like this out there. It's hard for me to understand the mindset of hating same sex marriage so much that you make it your identity, which is what these people do. I really don't get it...

Can we please not post every tweet about a shitty world event as "news" in this website?
I don't think it serves any noble purpose - and nobody needs to have Famiboards be their main source of news. That's not what this site's for
I get wanting to maintain a certain vibe on the site, but certain things are pretty important I think. This isn't just a random tweet, it's actual proposed US legislation that will take away the rights of many Americans. Personally, I'd prefer to be aware when things like this are happening.

Are there guidelines for what should and shouldn't be posted in the Off Topic section?

this is important tho' it effects both the lgbtq and also effects the victims of these creeps as well also not a sweet actual website news this time

Personally, I'd prefer to be aware when things like this are happening.
This is what I'm talking about - I don't think Famiboards has any obligation to be the primary source of news about these things, when twitter, facebook, and every other news site exists.

This thread OP itself has zero effort put into it. There is no discussion being started, only a reference to the headline. It invites dumpster fire conversations like OP's previous thread from today.
this is important tho' it effects both the lgbtq and also effects the victims of these creeps as well also not a sweet actual website news this time
I understand it's important, but its importance has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, though.
If you're going to make these posts, it's your responsibility to start and control the flow of conversation.
You are doing nothing to initiate conversation beyond prompting everyone to feel miserable about yet another fucking horrible thing Republicans are doing.

Can you tell me why you think that this is valuable to post on Famiboards, instead of posting it on Twitter?

Are there guidelines for what should and shouldn't be posted in the Off Topic section?
Not really, but you can take or leave my suggestion. I personally would not like The Roost to become a dumping ground for every single negative tweet about how shitty our world is, and be more of a place that serves as a respite from every other place we visit on the web where we can see those things.

This is what I'm talking about - I don't think Famiboards has any obligation to be the primary source of news about these things, when twitter, facebook, and every other news site exists.

This thread OP itself has zero effort put into it. There is no discussion being started, only a reference to the headline. It invites dumpster fire conversations like OP's previous thread from today.

I understand it's important, but its importance has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, though.
If you're going to make these posts, it's your responsibility to start and control the flow of conversation.
You are doing nothing to initiate conversation beyond prompting everyone to feel miserable about yet another fucking horrible thing Republicans are doing.

Can you tell me why you think that this is valuable to post on Famiboards, instead of posting it on Twitter?

Not really, but you can take or leave my suggestion. I personally would not like The Roost to become a dumping ground for every single negative tweet about how shitty our world is, and be more of a place that serves as a respite from every other place we visit on the web where we can see those things.
i wanted everyone to how bad this is why they shouldn't trust any Republicans ever. no matter what the lies they spew and why they should fight back

i wanted everyone to how bad this is why they shouldn't trust any Republicans ever. no matter what the lies they spew and why they should fight back
Can you edit your title and add some text to your OP to say more about this? That would actually start discussion.

Otherwise my only natural reaction to this thread is "great, yet another thing that justifies the worry and stress I have for those I love".

Can you edit your title and add some text to your OP to say more about this? That would actually start discussion.

Otherwise my only natural reaction to this thread is "great, yet another thing that justifies the worry and stress I have for those I love".
sure thanks

There is no obligation, sure. Ultimately it's your site so if you don't want these kinds of topics, then I won't post them (not that I do anyway). I see merit in having them, I also see merit in not making this board a depressing place. Seems like you're going to let the community decide.

Why? Why is anyone expending effort on these horrible things, lowering the age of marriage, outlawing abortions even from rape. What, is the gop trying to replenish it's lost numbers from covid by raping children and forcing them to have the babies? What could the possible point of this garbage be?

That's what I'd like, yes, and I'm speaking as a community member not a rule guy

I definitely agree about the Roost not having this. Make a board called dumping ground?

Back
Top Bottom