• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection announced, coming to PC and consoles (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HALP IM DAYINZ

monophy.gif

INTO MY MOFO VEINS

any word or news about trophies/achievements?

Man, props to Konami for including the GameBoy games. They did the same with one of those Castlevania collections a while back as well. It’s satisfying knowing you’re actually getting a thorough catalog of a series’ games from a given time period.

This is a collection that I wouldn't have expected.

One more collection of games I'd love to get is a Star Wars Classics Collection with the NES/Gameboy/SNES games based on the original trilogy. I want them so badly!

**Titles with online functionality -TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
That sucks. I figured all the multiplayer games would have online play.

Weird list too. I get the Arcade versions of Arcade and Turtles in Time since those are the ones with four player co-op. And Tournament Fighters SNES was easily the best version. But HYPERSTONE HEIST? Over Turtles in Time SNES?

Weird list too. I get the Arcade versions of Arcade and Turtles in Time since those are the ones with four player co-op. And Tournament Fighters SNES was easily the best version. But HYPERSTONE HEIST? Over Turtles in Time SNES?
It's probably like the street fighter collection which also only has online play for a portion of the games. If all the games had online the player pool would be split too thin. They want to keep online to just a few titles so people actually have a chance to match up with someone.

It's probably like the street fighter collection which also only has online play for a portion of the games. If all the games had online the player pool would be split too thin. They want to keep online to just a few titles so people actually have a chance to match up with someone.

And that much, in itself, is understandable.

But this isn't like with SFA2 and SFA3, which both have sizable followings, and the argument could've been made for either (or preferably, both) having online play.

Pound for pound, TiT SNES is by FAR more loved than HH, and I say that as a guy who honestly prefers HH between the two. So, it just comes off as quite odd that if the resources only allowed for one, they went for the version that is seen as the lesser of the two, in attempt to be more "unique".

Oh man, I'm late to this but– YEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!
With this and Shredder's Revenge 2022 is shaping up to be a great year for one of my favourite franchises. Day zero, can't wait.

I think they made the right call. They picked 3 of the beat-‘em-ups for online play so went with 3 different titles. 2 are the arcade games which is a no brainer (4 players) and picking hyperstone gives a little bit of variety. I could understand arguing for Manhattan instead but definitely not a second version of turtles in time. I still think it’s awesome they’re all in the collection.

I can understand Hyperstone Heist since it is different enough. But not having on Manhattan Project is weird.
I would have choosen Turtles in Time SNES as well, but i understand why they stayed with the 4 player one.

Multiplayer on only the SNES Tournament Fighters was weird. Not like NES deserved, but that was sad with the mega drive version xD

Agreed, TiT SNES should absolutely be the 5th online game, or the 4th over HH if for some reason you're limited.

I have weirdly fond memories of the first Gameboy game.

Also quite frustrating ones of the first NES game, but that's a common experience, lol

Wish the console versions of the arcade games had online. Outside of visuals, they were superior just for the fact that Ty hey were balanced around being console games and not to just suck away a quarter every minute.

Two things about this:

I got that hit of nostalgia when I saw one of the clips of (I think) the NES game: it took me back to what I think was a similar/the same game either on the C64 of the Amiga: would there have been a version of one of these games on those computers?

Also, is the Arcade game Konami? If so, does this give us a chance of a rerelease of Simpsons Arcade? Imagine that on Switch 😵

TMNT arcade game 'ports' were on every system under the sun, including C64 and amiga as TMNT the coin op. They did not have the 2 extra levels of the new version, played like dookey compared to the nes version (which played nothing like the arcade version), and all looked worse than the nes version. I do remember some versions had a throw move that performed and animated like the janky one from tmnt3 NES, but this additional move could not overcome the rest of the deficiencies.

Most ports had worse technical graphics AND art, with both poorly drawn and animated sprites, again, compared to the nes versions extremely well redrawn everything, while the amiga had superior graphics, particularly for the sprites, which were the closest to the arcade games.... But the backgrounds were drawn like non detailed poop, wasting the systems capability over the NES, and while the frames of animation themselves were pretty good, the actual translational animation, was so poor, it could not convey the illusion of movement, and you literally saw characters disappear and reappear in the next location. Similarly, scrolling was just as atrocious. And this is a game that scrolls like, constantly. If it wasn't such a slideshow, I actually think the amiga version would be the one that played the most authentically to the arcade, and as such would have had the best gameplay. Except it didn't, and so none of that mattered because it played like slide show Doo Doo.

Last edited:
At last I can play a proper version of Tournament Fighters and not the middling version I had on Genesis.

Are physical copies day and date?

My Amazon preorder of the Limited Edition says that release date is still Jan 9th, 2023 for some reason. I hope the physical version releases at the same time than the digital edition, unlike Shredder's Revenge.

I had all three GB games but my favorite one was Radical Rescue. Plays and looks exactly like Castlevania Adventure game on GB, it was the only retro TMNT game I managed to finish.

Eh? You had Fall of the Foot Clan and didn't finish it?

Oh god i can't wait to replay Radical Rescue again. I loved that on the OG Gameboy.

One more day until Ninja Turtles overload! Can’t wait!

TMNT: Cowabunga Collection |ST| Still Strong, Still Funky
TMNT: Cowabunga Collection |ST| One More Slice!

Anyone working on an ST? I'll make a quick one if needed.

Pfff Amazon says thay my PS5 Collector's edition it will arrive until Sep 12th . I hope it arrives sooner, what's the whole point of pre-order then? Anyway.

Pfff Amazon says thay my PS5 Collector's edition it will arrive until Sep 12th . I hope it arrives sooner, what's the whole point of pre-order then? Anyway.
Real talk: I'm debating between a future proof disc release of either PS4 or PS5, and am interested to see if there are any actual differences between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom