• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection announced, coming to PC and consoles (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazi

picross pundit

The following games will be included:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

Last edited:
Both TMNT Tournament Fighters games in one place will be cool.

The Genesis version was HARD AS HELL, though. I could beat the SNES version, but the Genesis version, I beat maybe once.

I wonder if I can remember where to punch to get to the secret levels in Fall of the Foot Clan.

I doubt this will be exclusive to the Playstation, but even if it is, I cannot wait for this. This was my favorite announcement to an overall dull PS Presentation to me. I grew up playing these games and cannot wait to own this collection and Shredder's Revenge all in the same year. :D

The focus on including every possible version of each game makes me think it's Digital Eclipse this time, rather than M2.

A good chunk of this collection has never been re-released before, too. The Arcade games have been spread around quite far, and the first NES game was briefly on Wii Virtual Console. But everything else is new.

Every version of Tournament Fighters? Did they install spyware in my brain?

I'll be so sad if this is PS exclusive...

The focus on including every possible version of each game makes me think it's Digital Eclipse this time, rather than M2.

A good chunk of this collection has never been re-released before, too. The Arcade games have been spread around quite far, and the first NES game was briefly on Wii Virtual Console. But everything else is new.
Good catch. Chris Kohler of DE had only “cowabunga” to say on Twitter.

Edit yep: see the blog post https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...-the-cowabunga-collection-launches-this-year/

Sorry, Eldin Ring.

Barely two weeks and the most hype announcement of the year came around to take the wind ENTIRELY out of your sails~!

We could tell right away that Digital Eclipse is a natural fit for this project. Digital Eclipse are adept developers and video game historians, having breathed new life to some of the most beloved video game classics. Beyond their technical capabilities is a genuine connection for the TMNT franchise. Together, we added modern quality-of-life features as well as compiling a load of extras that fans will appreciate. Combined with Rewind and Save Anytime, we’re designing custom game guides harkening to the aesthetic of the video game magazines from the 80’s and 90’s to help get players through some of those notoriously tricky parts…you know what we’re talking about!

Hot damn! I have great memories of all the early TMNT games although is a shame they didn't include the Game Boy games since I believe they were hidden gems (especially TMNT3 for GB).

EDIT: Oh wait, they did include the GB games!

Hot damn! I have great memories of all the early TMNT games although is a shame they didn't include the Game Boy games since I believe they were hidden gems (especially TMNT3 for GB).

EDIT: Oh wait, they did include the GB games!

There are three Gameboy games in the collection.

I had all three GB games but my favorite one was Radical Rescue. Plays and looks exactly like Castlevania Adventure game on GB, it was the only retro TMNT game I managed to finish.

This was the highlight of that State of Play and I'm glad it's coming to Switch. Now just like the Capcom Fighting Collection I have to decide whether to get this digitally or physical.

Essentially the entire old school TMNT on my Switch, most of which I never had the pleasure of playing.

This is going to be totally radical.

That's rad. I already own Turtles in Time which is what would interest me the most, but this is a great collection and I hope it sells well. Konami should make more of these.

Still waiting for that juicy Castlevania DS collection.

That's rad. I already own Turtles in Time which is what would interest me the most, but this is a great collection and I hope it sells well. Konami should make more of these.

Still waiting for that juicy Castlevania DS collection.

Fingers crossed, cause I need Dawn of Sorrow on my Switch. XD

Everything about this is so great, the games, the price, that there's a physical edition, that I really want to write Konami a thank you note.

YAAAAAABADABADOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Man I never thought something like this would ever be made! All these collections I'm able to enjoy on Switch! Yesssss!

Two things about this:

I got that hit of nostalgia when I saw one of the clips of (I think) the NES game: it took me back to what I think was a similar/the same game either on the C64 of the Amiga: would there have been a version of one of these games on those computers?

Also, is the Arcade game Konami? If so, does this give us a chance of a rerelease of Simpsons Arcade? Imagine that on Switch 😵

Definitely the most hype announcement for me. Hit me right in the nostalgia. Looking forward to trying the games I have neve rplayed too like Tournament Fighters and the NES TMNT games.

Two things about this:

I got that hit of nostalgia when I saw one of the clips of (I think) the NES game: it took me back to what I think was a similar/the same game either on the C64 of the Amiga: would there have been a version of one of these games on those computers?

Also, is the Arcade game Konami? If so, does this give us a chance of a rerelease of Simpsons Arcade? Imagine that on Switch 😵

All of these games were made by Konami.

Not gonna lie, was not expecting THIS many games (even if half of them probably are just filler titles).

Collections, even by the best developers, are usually not this loaded (see Capcom Mega Man Collections which are split up into multiple volumes and are still missing loads of games).

Not gonna lie, was not expecting THIS many games (even if half of them probably are just filler titles).

Collections, even by the best developers, are usually not this loaded (see Capcom Mega Man Collections which are split up into multiple volumes and are still missing loads of games).
Used to be better, sonic mega collection plus had a ton of bonus games

"The games are being shown some love, with the most notable addition being online co-op for four of the titles: TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, and TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)."

bumble-bees-fall.gif

yes-im-so-excited.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom