• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Switch ships 107.65 million units (as of March 31st 2022)

It's so funny to read these numbers (so close to PS4 lifetime sales), and go back to those old articles and videos from people who were so ready to call it a flop.

But really in the end i'm just happy we're past those days when the industry believed mobile killed handheld consoles, cause i love portable systems and Switch is by far the Nintendo console i enjoyed the most.

I remember that video very well, and from time to time I was rewatching it just for fun.

But he wasnt alone back than before Switch launch, I also remember back on NeoGaf in thread about how much Switch will be succefule,
half of people were saying that will sell similar like Wii U. :p
Of Course, it ended outselling Wii U in just one year, and now soon will have 10x better numbers than Wii U.

I finded that thread, just for laugh ;)

general videogame media isn't usually that good at their job, and when it comes to Nintendo, due to the difference between this company and the rest of the industry, they are particularly bad at understanding their decisions and predicting their next step.

There's an intellectual class wannabe gamer group out there who are wrong a lot because their background is they liked Nintendo growing up but isnt a fan anymore for reasons and think they can comment on it like an expert and they are the group who likes to write wall of text essays about why they are right about Nintendo losing its MOJO

Nintendo's position post Wii U also looked weak so it felt like an easy slam dunk. The GAF thread has the worst offenders

I remember that video very well, and from time to time I was rewatching it just for fun.

But he wasnt alone back than before Switch launch, I also remember back on NeoGaf in thread about how much Switch will be succefule,
half of people were saying that will sell similar like Wii U. :p
Of Course, it ended outselling Wii U in just one year, and now soon will have 10x better numbers than Wii U.

I finded that thread, just for laugh ;)

Legendary thread

Back
Top Bottom