• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble |ST| Like a Monkey: Infinite Banana

Some games are weird like that, Zoids Wild Blast Unleashed is literally spelt "ZOIDSWILD BLAST UNLEASHED" or something. My theory is that it was by Tomy themselves (they're actually listed as the publisher via the + button, not Outright Games), and it's POSSIBLE that the JP title doesn't actually have a "space" in the ZOIDS WILD logo... maybe. So it's an overly literal translation.
I think sometimes it just comes down to someone fucking up due to a lack of attention to detail. SEGA’s no stranger to these kind of inconsistencies, either, since they can’t even keep their name consistent in the HOME Menu’s publisher field! It’s been spelled “SEGA of America, inc.”, SEGA of America, Inc.”, and Sega of America, Inc.”—not including “SEGA”, “Sega”, SEGA Corporation”, “SEGA CORPORATION”, and “SEGA Games Co., Ltd”.

That’s not as bad as Bandai Namco, though, which has “Bandai Namco Entertainment”, “BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment”, “Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc”, “BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.”, and Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.” And that’s not including “BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.” and “BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe S.A.S.”, either.

Sure, it’s mostly just capitalization and punctuation inconsistencies, but still, you’d think that there’d be more effort to ensure consistency with something as important as your company’s name or the title of your game…

So how is the frame rate now? I heard about hitching and a Day 1 patch. Is it a smooth 60?
Nope. Drops here and there, even in singleplayer, mostly depending on how much moving parts a stage has. It's not terrible, but you will notice it from time to time.
Unless you're playing multiplayer, then you'll really notice the 30fps cap after playing at mostly 60fps (give or take some odd game logic running at 50 for some reason).

Says a lot though that a game with these technical issues is still in my top 3 favourite Monkey Ball games though, maybe even top 2!

Ha I'm happy to see I was wrong about the spin dash reaction.

I love SMB games but I just recently finished Mania. This might be a Black Friday purchase.

Does this game have the mode like the GC games where my friends and I can play through the campaign levels together, each person taking a turn after the other dies?

If so, is that exclusive to local or online?

Back
Top Bottom