• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Strange question: is your all time favorite game from your all time favorite series?

Is your all time favorite game from your all time favorite series?

• Total voters
Nah. Metroid is my favorite series, while Resident Evil 4 (original, haven't played the remake yet) is my favorite game. Resident Evil is my second favorite series, though.

No, my favorite series is either Zelda or Pokémon, but my favorite game is Dragon Quest XI S.

It was BotW for quite a while though!

The game I consider my all-time favorite is Valkyrie Profile, but the series it spawned, as short as it is, is in no way my favorite.

Valkyrie Profile 2 is one of the most soul-crushing games I have ever played.

Yep, in my case. Zelda is one of my three favorite series, and Link's Awakening is my all time favorite game.

I think my top 2 might be. Breath of the Wild and A Link to the Past. Tears of the Kingdom probably in the top 20 as well. Zelda overall is a very high quality franchise.

I don't know exactly what I vote for.
Both my favorite game of all time and my favorite franchise of all time are always rotating (in agony between two ultimate forces) between Zelda, Mario and Metroid.

I think right now my favorite franchise is either Metroid or Mario, with my favorite game of all time being... Idk?? Breath of the Wild, Ocarina for the nostalgia, Super Mario World, Odyssey, Galaxy, Super Metroid, Dread, Fusion and Prime.

Fav Series: Pokemon
Fav game: Tied between Pokemon Leafgreen and Emerald/ORAS.

So yes, it takes my top 2 spots if a tie is a cop out. After that, I would give it to Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Super Mario
Sunshine
, both from series I adore as well

My all-time favourite game is Zelda LTTP, it’s such a rounded, quality game. But my favourite series is definitely Monster Hunter. I get lost in those games, can’t believe the last two event quests for MHR: Sunbreak came out today. I’ve been playing Rise for 2 years and 4 months at this point.

Final Fantasy IX so I'd say yes. Final Fantasy is pretty much my #1 favourite franchise. Though my top 3 is basically interchangeable.

It was yes until I played Outer Wilds. And since that isn't apart of a series and is the first game by the developers then nooe

My favorite game is Melee, my favorite series is probably Fire Emblem.

It used to be Smash but I realized I just liked Melee substantially more than the other games.

Reading some of the responses in this thread makes me crave for Outer Wilds on the Switch. Here's hoping we hear about it again soon.

Also, to answer the topic, Tears of the Kingdom is a Zelda game, so the answer is yes for me.

No. BOTW/TOTK are my favorite games, but they have just made most of the rest of the franchise (=the linear Zelda games) terrible to me. Pikmin is a much more consistently good franchise, where I can enjoy all the main games for their own things.

Actually.. I said it was Zelda yet there is a weird case to be made for Pokémon being my favorite series. And yet I don’t know that I would put any individual Pokémon game in my top 5 or so games? Strange dynamic where I love individual elements about every gen and always enjoy the experience, yet am always ready to move on to the next release.

Zelda is my favorite series. No other has the same level of excellence.

And I think if I had to name the best game of all time it would be a Zelda.

But... Skies of Arcadia is my all-time favorite.

my favourite is Undertale! and my favourite series... i feel like i'm still not actually sure but i always trend towards Mega Man Zero just as a childhood classic for me. wildly different types of games with no connecting tissue of what i like there lol

I don't really have a favorite game, but Donkey Kong is my favorite series and if I had to pick one I'd probably default to DKC2. It feels wrong to call it my favorite game though because I don't have as much emotional attachment to it as I do others.

Maybe? Zelda is my favorite series and Tears of the Kingdom is up there, I would need to ruminate on it and return to it through the years to be able to say for sure.

My all time favorite game is Stardew Valley.

Yep, Oot and MM are my favorite games and Zelda my favorite series.
Though my love for the series is in its lowest right now. Last 3 mainline 3d Zelda games wouldn't even crack my top 20. I'm glad I played WW for the first time between SS and BOTW to remember why I love it so much.

My favorite franchise has all my least favorite games, because that’s the only case I’d push through a game I’m not enjoying.

The Mario series has been an iconic part of many gamers' lives, including mine. It's like a nostalgic time capsule that reminds us of the good old days. But you know what? Sometimes, a specific game just resonates with you on a different level. For me, that game is 7 Days to Die. It might not be part of a huge series like Mario, but it's become a staple in my gaming journey.The way 7 Days to Die blends survival, strategy, and the thrill of battling zombies is unmatched. It's the game that drew me in and made me discover a whole new community of fellow survivors. You can explore more about this game and dedicated servers at 7D2D.net.

Last edited:
No, Hollow Knight is not part of the Final Fantasy series, at least that I'm aware of.

My favorite series might change to Hollow Knight if Silksong is as good as anticipated.

Final Fantasy 8 is my favorite game. I don't really know what my favorite series would be, but it's not Final Fantasy.

Back
Back
Top Bottom