• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
more bug fixes are always welcome, and as I expected the big run update will probably come at the end of the season, in December, along with all the new weapons and stages. I find it funny that they specifically mentioned the stay as further in the back as possible and spam specials kind of playstyle. lol.

IMPROVED NETCODE LETS GOOOOO

Screenshot_20221025_030626.jpg
rip trade kills, flingza users in shambles

Is that a tick rate bump I'm reading?

I don't think it's a tick rate bump, but rather getting rid of latency that shouldn't have been there. Splat 2 and 3 have the same tick rate, but Splat 3 has noticeably more latency, which is what I think is being reduced.
Assuming the netcode works similarly to Splatoon 2, which might be assuming too much, there's different ways they could achieve that without strictly upping the tick rate.

Did I miss it or the change log doesn't mention anything about communication errors and SR crashes?
Admittedly, the number of errors have greatly diminished (for me) since the last server maintenance a few days ago.

So no weapon balancing? I'm on a phone and it's not really practical to read all those patch notes. I was hoping for at least a nerf to the sloshing machine hitbox and some boosts to the brellas.
That tick rate improvement, if confirmed, is huge. It'll be even better than Splatoon 1.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sloshing Machine’s spiral would deal damage when hitting an opponent on the other side of thin terrain even though they were hidden by the terrain.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sloshing Machine’s spiral would deal damage when hitting an opponent inside an Ink Vac’s vacuum area despite the opponent being entirely inside the area.
  • The next update will focus on new features for the season beginning in December, weapon balance changes, and changes to the Splatfest Tricolor Attack mode. It is scheduled to be released at the end of the current season.
Fizzy Bomb ink recovery speed and Sloshing Machine's special points also got a slight nerf (200 -> 210).

Can't get excited about 3/60th of a second less latency. I would celebrate in the streets, flip over cars and get drunk off my ass for a 3/60th improved matchmaking algorithm, though. But maybe that's just the salt speaking...

And on that note, another hot take, possibly tainted by a cursed day in Anarchy, but the much lauded MakoMart is a kinda shitty map for any backliner who isn't a Charger. It's so wide and open there's no place from where you can actually influence the fight and not be liable to be erased from existence at a moment's notice, so you're utterly reliant on your, barely supported, frontliners to scramble and pressure snipers out of position.

The flicks would have been nice had I not died as soon as I went to save the clip lol

This match was annoying, but the snipe I make at the end of the clip is one I rarely hit:

I'll spoiler these next two because I don't want to spam a ton of clips, but I also had...this happen in a game earlier:

I see. I'm guessing gyro sensitivity is set all the way to +5?

Depends on the controller in my opinion. If you play with a mono block controller like the pro, wrist mobility will be less and it's usually nice to increase sensitivity, especially as both hands and the weight help remaining stable.
If like me, you play with the split joy cons, anything above +1 in sensitivity feels like too much to me for such light controller held by a single hand.

maintenance started while I was on a losing streak which really makes me want to jump off hammerhead bridge

Am I losing it (probably) or did the patch also make some changes to some of the lighting? I didn’t see any visual changes listed in the patch notes but I swear everything looks just a smidge better lol

with big run still not finished I'm going all in on the theory that it'll be at the end of the season and bring stage changes in the next one

Am I losing it (probably) or did the patch also make some changes to some of the lighting? I didn’t see any visual changes listed in the patch notes but I swear everything looks just a smidge better lol
It's definitely like 99.99% placebo but I thought the same lol

IDK if its the new servers or what but it feels like the devs are struggling a bit more to clean things up compared to prior games.

Splatoon 3 is still in pre-alpha

As a lifelong hater of brellas, I hope they don't fix this one 🤭
It's so odd cause the notes specifically mentioned fixing the Slosher's spiral.

Teammates staying on the shore for the whole effing wave are gonna be the death of me
It took me 50 minutes to finally being able to clear a 3rd wave tonight. It was frustrating cause people have an aversion to deposit eggs, more than half of the times we lost because the basket wasn't full and the timer ran out. The only time we cleared it, a Cohozuna appeared and we didn't defeat it, but got 2 silvers and 1 gold :D

Lots of people were banned for using a saver editor for money and chunks. Is this the first general ban wave?
There was a ban wave for people using patches on the splatfest premiere to play the full multiplayer game, but other than that it's the first ban wave for the full game

Lol. In defense of devs, theoretically, when you have ALOT of issues to address I am of the belief that small changes quickly and huge changes later is the right way to go. So I am OKISH with the current changes as long as the major patch addressess the main weapon and/or special.

Lol. In defense of devs, theoretically, when you have ALOT of issues to address I am of the belief that small changes quickly and huge changes later is the right way to go. So I am OKISH with the current changes as long as the major patch addressess the main weapon and/or special.
I agree, I just thought it was funny cause 10p hardly moves the needle :p

Huge fan of tilted Grizz

It sounds like my internal monologue when I'm salmon running. That said, I definitely egg throw too much and I jump as well (why)
I was a lot more efficient playing Salmon Run in Splatoon 2, but now I'm also egg throwing a bit too much. In my defense it's mainly because I go after the eggs at the edges of the map because some teammates can't bother waiting for some bosses to get closer then ignore the eggs for the next boss. I just throw them over the walls and hope someone there takes them to the basket.

GIVE ME LOSING EMOTES/ANIMATIONS BACK, YOU COWARDS!

Yes, give me losing emotes! I want to see my inkling spiral into complete despair or a raging fury.

Back
Top Bottom