• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

An all random rotation without a Grizzco weapon set, despite all of the ones from Splat 2 being in the files, plus Stringer existing... placeholder for a Big Run perhaps?
Tbh it might make sense for it to be like that and not announced 1 week early, since it's probably not easy to predict a salmonid invasion... But that'd be weird from a real life communication/marketing perspective like players are only gonna find out when it actually happens? Or a couple of days early could work I guess, with the Wahoo World Big Run just being a rumor among inklings and octolings that's making everyone angsty in the square.

Did they ever share more on how the mode would work? I'd like to have on top of "Salmon Run on regular stages", regular matches with salmonids running around" ^^

An all random rotation without a Grizzco weapon set, despite all of the ones from Splat 2 being in the files, plus Stringer existing... placeholder for a Big Run perhaps?
Very uncool of that to drop when Bayonetta 3 is releasing 😭

being a charger main is interesting because you simultaneously develop a superiority complex about all other classes being lesser and an inferiority complex because you never feel like you're good enough to play charger

Some highlight replays from a scrim (competitive practice private battle) I did tonight!

A high kill game on Eeltail Rainmaker:
R02E-EB2R-GAJ3-TN51
Screenshot_2022-10-22_00-17-31.png

A very nice comeback on Hagglefish Tower:
RLA8-NBL4-0JT4-Y29Y
Screenshot_2022-10-22_00-17-40.png

Some highlight replays from a scrim (competitive practice private battle) I did tonight!

A high kill game on Eeltail Rainmaker:
R02E-EB2R-GAJ3-TN51
Screenshot_2022-10-22_00-17-31.png

A very nice comeback on Hagglefish Tower:
RLA8-NBL4-0JT4-Y29Y
Screenshot_2022-10-22_00-17-40.png

Forgive me for ignoring your perspective and switching straight over to your Explosher to study them instead. It reaffirmed my "2 sloshes, then shift position" rule. And also I'm intrigued by their ability choice.

So now that we know it's a false alarm...

...how a Big Run to  end the season? Would justify some...renovations people want for the stages.

So now that we know it's a false alarm...

...how a Big Run to  end the season? Would justify some...renovations people want for the stages.
I would be super into this

shame it would be one at a time though, especially when wahoo needs renovations less than a lot of others

I need to learn to flick like that

Same here. That and being proficient in sub strafing and squid dashing 🥺

Says something when the Tri-Stringer isn't the worst weapon in a rotation.
Bloblobber screams AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

The Tri-Stringer is a really good weapon in Salmon Run:

Magnet_Man said:
Great video on how to optimize the Tri-Stringer in Salmon Run
  1. Lids need two shots. One full charge and a mostly charged second. Don't jump shoot
  2. Steel Heads just need one full charge. You don't need to do a jump shot. While technically you don't need to do a full charge, the partial charge doesn't make the three arrows overlap consistently at a distance to deal the cumulative damage needed
  3. Drizzlers need two full charges. Don't do jump shots
  4. Big Shots need 3 full charges. Fire at a distance to avoid dealing with swarms
  5. When dealing with up close swarms, Stingers, and deflecting the Drizzler's bomb, do fast hopping tap shots
  6. For painting, use tap shots without jumping and aim at the ground in front
  7. Use full charges to instantly take out Cohocks at a distance to make things easier on your team mates. You need a little under 1 half charge and 3/4 charge to kill
  8. Sampling how to deal with Glowflies with it, although the demo is done on a low hazard level. You want to charge a little bit so the arrows do more damage than tap shots to ensure you kill the grunts
  9. A full charge is enough to stun a Griller. If you wait until the stun time runs out, you can use that time to charge another shot to cause another stun

Last edited:
I'm probably going to be done with the game soon. All of the daily stuff has kept me hooked, but the fact is that I'd have to put in more time than I can justify to get even close to where I want to be to even enjoy myself, and I'd probably never get there completely.

I'll come back for updates and events, but at this point I need to think about what I'm getting out of the time I'm spending and how it's making me feel. Right now it feels like I spend too much time to justify on a game that I'm not getting any better at and don't have any more potential in.

All the same, it remains one of my favorite games ever. Playing it is just beyond me, y'know?

At this rate, I think it's impossible for me to rank up again in ranked (-1587 points), so not sure what I'll do. Maybe switch to Salmon Run only.

Footage taken momentes before disaster strikes

The Tri-Stringer is a really good weapon in Salmon Run:

I'd take at least half the Chargers and all of the longer range shooters which can do the same job without needing to remember when to jump or not while having a better time painting their way out of tight corners over the Tri-Stringer. Most of the Splatlings, too, as the more immobile ones offer greater returns for babysitting them than the bad bow and the big bucket do.

Now defend the honor of the Bloblobber, please, the true aim of my scorn!

Footage taken momentes before disaster strikes

I'd take at least half the Chargers and all of the longer range shooters which can do the same job without needing to remember when to jump or not while having a better time painting their way out of tight corners over the Tri-Stringer. Most of the Splatlings, too, as the more immobile ones offer greater returns for babysitting them than the bad bow and the big bucket do.

Now defend the honor of the Bloblobber, please, the true aim of my scorn!
I do understand people disliking the tri-stringer, it's not the easiest weapon to use. I don't get your bloblobber hate tho, it's one of the best painting and chum-clearing weapons in SR. Also fantastic for taking out Stingers and Big Shots from a safe distance. And roller + blobber is about as good as you can get for Glowflies.

I don't get your bloblobber hate tho, it's one of the best painting and chum-clearing weapons in SR. Also fantastic for taking out Stingers and Big Shots from a safe distance. And roller + blobber is about as good as you can get for Glowflies.

Again, feats every other weapon in its range category pulls off just as well. Without the Bloblobber's weakness of relying on teammates against many other Boss Salmonids. The shaky performance on Steelheads alone means I'd rather have any other backliner in the role for fast, reliable kills.

Again, feats every other weapon in its range category pulls off just as well. Without the Bloblobber's weakness of relying on teammates against many other Boss Salmonids. The shaky performance on Steelheads alone means I'd rather have any other backliner in the role for fast, reliable kills.
If you're trying to play blobber as another weapon, you're gonna have problems yes. None of the other backliner weapons have the consistent painting and chum clearing abilities of the blobber. I certainly do NOT want an e-liter during Glowflies. It's not good against Steelheads sure, but in this rotation you have tri-stringer and roller to deal with those.

I'm probably going to be done with the game soon. All of the daily stuff has kept me hooked, but the fact is that I'd have to put in more time than I can justify to get even close to where I want to be to even enjoy myself, and I'd probably never get there completely.

I'll come back for updates and events, but at this point I need to think about what I'm getting out of the time I'm spending and how it's making me feel. Right now it feels like I spend too much time to justify on a game that I'm not getting any better at and don't have any more potential in.

All the same, it remains one of my favorite games ever. Playing it is just beyond me, y'know?
This is almost always my problem with competitive multiplayer games: at some point you realize that you've hit a skill ceiling and have to consider how much time/energy you want to devote to getting past it. And at that point it becomes less about "having fun" and starts to drift into "work". If you can find the fun again and make peace with plateauing / getting off that "getting better treadmill" then it's worth sticking around (for some people this is usually just a matter of finding a stable group of people to play with regularly in a casual setting), otherwise there's too many other games out there to play and explore.

Time is the most precious resource we all have and spending it doing something you don't enjoy is the worst possible use for it.

If it helps, I love this series too and I cashed my chips out very early in the previous two games. There's absolutely no shame in it.

Have you tried just, like…not caring how well you do in the game and just play for fun? Or does it not work that way for you? =P

I’m by no means amazing at the game but I’m decent enough, and I enjoy coming back to it regularly and playing with friends from time to time. But I’ve also not really touched Anarchy at all yet, lol.

Have you tried just, like…not caring how well you do in the game and just play for fun? Or does it not work that way for you? =P

I’m by no means amazing at the game but I’m decent enough, and I enjoy coming back to it regularly and playing with friends from time to time. But I’ve also not really touched Anarchy at all yet, lol.
I'm generally very upset with myself when I'm not performing, and so far I haven't figured out how to avoid that. I've been playing chargers, which are very fun but also very demanding. I think I'll end up only playing when I'm really up to it; because the game is still sort of "new" I'm playing it whenever I get the chance.

Trite observation, but it feels weird how you can rank up in anarchy series without actually, y'know, winning a series (at least from B- to B to B+). Kind of unrewarding, imo.

I am actually surprised they have not added a single new Stage yet. I thought we'd start getting them very rapidly. Or at LEAST Big Run event at this point.
I am mostly just doing some casual Salmon Run (or as I like to call it, literal hell) while waiting for new Stages to freshen up the Multiplayer, hah

I am actually surprised they have not added a single new Stage yet. I thought we'd start getting them very rapidly. Or at LEAST Big Run event at this point.
I am mostly just doing some casual Salmon Run (or as I like to call it, literal hell) while waiting for new Stages to freshen up the Multiplayer, hah
I think we'll get either one stage at the midseason update, or two new ones with the new season

be me
340p
want to get to 350 before the patch
splat zones is in rotation
pogchamp.png
finally sit down to play, so nervous that I'm shaking
decide to play some turf war to check my internet
get so stressed out that I completely lose it right away
decide to stay at 340p

I've been playing solely Reef Lux the lasts couple days and it's been really enjoyable. On one hand you can be aggressive, but if needed also supportive. It's like a shitty squiffer with tremendous painting capability. And when the opponent annoys you you can just spam missiles

be me
340p
want to get to 350 before the patch
splat zones is in rotation
pogchamp.png
finally sit down to play, so nervous that I'm shaking
decide to play some turf war to check my internet
get so stressed out that I completely lose it right away
decide to stay at 340p
Lol

Do we actually know when the patch comes?

If nothing happens this upcoming week I think we can start dooming about Nintendo going bankrupt and Splatoon 3 flopping and there never being another Splatoon game ever again

all of the systems of the game are kind of discouraging me from playing right now

I hit vp in salmon run and would like to stay there
my weapon wheel looks really nice
I have three weapons barely at smoking at want to keep them that way
I hit a nice round number in anarchy and don't want to gamble with it

obviously if I were good none of this would be a problem lol

Back
Top Bottom