• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I vaguely remember seeing structures on the side of Eeltail that looked removable. Are you referring to those? Because removing those would open up the maps quite a bit
This reminds me of how hard we were robbed of beta Eeltail

Look at all that extra space to get around the middle of the map!

420px-Eeltail_Alley_Outer_Mid_Single_Player_Trailer.png

it's so fucked up that maps were supposed to be one of the best things about this game
It's so fucked up that the original designs for the maps looked really good, and then supposedly the new map design lead that they hired after the game was revealed messed em all up

Can you further elaborate? What is the purple cover?

I vaguely remember seeing structures on the side of Eeltail that looked removable. Are you referring to those? Because removing those would open up the maps quite a bit

Yeah, what @Raccoon said. Those contextless purple water-tanks (?) you able to quickly dump anywhere on a map without making elaborate changes to the actual geography.

The removable structures you mention are more in line with how Splatoon and Splatoon 2 reworked maps by adding a ramp here, taking away a safe perch there. They're still not as substantial as tucking on a whole new side area but can still shift how matches play out in big and positive enough ways.

Also, this theory of mine was a slightly tongue-in-cheek worst case. Realistically I expect those purple covers, ziplines, sponges and inkable/uninkable walls to be the main additions.

Huge day for procrastinators

Huge day for hopeless addicts looking to take time off to stave off burn-out but now feel compelled to add another heavy burst of play towards the end of a season they've already finished the catalogue two, three or four times over for but are around five levels away from Harmony's next gift box.

What are the rewards for Extra work? This isnjust a vs mode right? And if you play with a group of 2 or 3 your paired with a similar group? Or will u potentially go up against 4ppl.

What are the rewards for Extra work? This isnjust a vs mode right? And if you play with a group of 2 or 3 your paired with a similar group? Or will u potentially go up against 4ppl.
It's just a high score contest like Big Run, and it's limited time as well.

Are you getting the expansion pack? I'll purchase it for sure, but not right now. A new hub isn't exciting to me when the shop items are exactly the same, so I'll wait until Side Order releases or they update/make the content of part 1 more substantial or beneficial.
I did, it would be nice to meet the superior squid sister in another area rather than just Aternea.

Interestingly enough, the Scarlet & Violet DLC announcement kinda made this expansion pass more enticing to me, but I can't really explain why.

Are you getting the expansion pack?

Right now no. If I like where the game is headed by the time Side Order comes out, maybe. In the best case scenario, I dont see me binging Splatoon anytime soon to warrant spending money on a cosmetic hub. So i have to be on the wait and see list.

On another note when does update go live pst?

Right now no. If I like where the game is headed by the time Side Order comes out, maybe. In the best case scenario, I dont see me binging Splatoon anytime soon to warrant spending money on a cosmetic hub. So i have to be on the wait and see list.

On another note when does update go live pst?
5 PM i believe

Are you getting the expansion pack? I'll purchase it for sure, but not right now. A new hub isn't exciting to me when the shop items are exactly the same, so I'll wait until Side Order releases or they update/make the content of part 1 more substantial or beneficial.
Same as you, I'll wait till wave 2 before I decide

This is the first time I've felt like I could go for 300, or even 400 (probably not 400) in Salmon Run. It's really only a problem of putting in the hours. Yesterday I had to stop when I cracked 200. Today I fell down to 150ish before I found one team as good as all of those yesterday and now that I'm back above 200 it's getting late again.

I wasn't kidding when I said I want this rotation to last for weeks.

Yeah I'm not getting it until Side Order releases. Taking a similar approach that I did with BOTW's champion pass DLC (or whatever it was called)

I purchased it the moment preorders opened because I have immense Splatoon brainrot

Just think of all that extra dialogue for fanfiction purposes!

...Why yes I have my priorities straight, why do you ask?
Currently subscribed to a pretty good one on AO3 where a human wakes up in the future and we have to use a cypher to decode what the inklings and octolings are saying for the first few chapters until the human character learns their language.

Currently subscribed to a pretty good one on AO3 where a human wakes up in the future and we have to use a cypher to decode what the inklings and octolings are saying for the first few chapters until the human character learns their language.
Nice! I'm...I'm simple and have latched on to the Callie/Deadf1sh fanfic lol. Also the Agent 4 series.

One day I'll be brave enough to post my Splatoon Fanfics onto Ao3...one day...

Splatoon says buy I buy
Splatoon tells me to take a crap on the deck of the Queen Mary, an hour later they’re hosing it down with disinfectant

Don't know how accurate this is but if true it explains my bewilderment going from loving Splatoon 1/2 despite thier flaws to wondering if the game is for me anymore in Splatoon 3. Basically, very little devs from prior Splatoon games appear to have worked on Splatoon 3.

In fairness, I think they are doing a fantastic job with Salmon Run and appear to be learning quickly with things like tri-color mode and fixing weapons like the Splatanas. So hopefully this continues and is reflected in other areas soon.

This is an uncomfortable level of targeting that I really dislike about gaming culture.

Let's not get so obsessed with our own particular gripes that we start publicly discussing the names of real people who likely don't individually hold responsibility for your issues.

This is an uncomfortable level of targeting that I really dislike about gaming culture.

Let's not get so obsessed with our own particular gripes that we start publicly discussing the names of real people who likely don't individually hold responsibility for your issues.

Deleted tweet. I was posting to show different devs may mean different philosophy which may give insight on the different approach. Didn't think about the names listed as well when I posted. I have no intention of targeting.

God am I going to be tricked into paying $25 for a DLC that won't be out for 2 years just so I can access a hub of a game I have no nostalgia for

Clam Blitz on U'mami looks brutal. Tower Control looks good. Undecided on Zones and RM.

Edit: Jet, Krak-On, and Clash Blaster at 180p are REALLY good moves which means the devs are looking at weapons that have poor output (minus Jet). Krak-On and Clash probaly need it to be at 160-170p but 180 is not bad for two kits that have a very unique special. I like the special points for the new weapons overall.

Last edited:
Deleted tweet. I was posting to show different devs may mean different philosophy which may give insight on the different approach. Didn't think about the names listed as well when I posted. I have no intention of targeting.
Sorry, didn't mean to come across so harshly. I know you weren't targeting anybody, and you didn't write the tweet. I was mainly venting about the tweet itself, and you got caught in the crossfire. Still, not something I like seeing shared here.

(Not that I control the content of this site but if there's anything I could choose to have influence over.... it's keeping certain toxic traits of gamer culture out of here....)

Anyway, thanks for understanding.

Took a quick trip through every adjusted map, on Splat Zones only for now because that's the layout I'm most familiar with. First impressions:

Hagglefish Market got resized, too, but I'm not sure the tent is any less of of pivotal sniper nest.

Mincemeat Metalworks indeed got the cars-on-a-pole. The sightline from snipe to the top of the truck is narrower, but an approach from there is playing with fire. Mostly the effect is that dropping down on the far side to pressure snipe from the flank is protected.

Hammerhead Bridge I didn't immediately notice anything that'd tone down snipe. The sightlines are different now, but if anything long range might have more influence over the zone from this tweaked position.

Museum d'Alfonsino is ... smaller? Unsure whether this changes anything and if so for the better.

Same for Mahi-Mahi Resort, with one noticable change being a sign between the two snipes, so two backliners stationed there can't directly engage each other. Unless they're Exploshers.

MakoMart has a similar sightline-blocking sign that makes pushing up to the first stack slightly less powerful, but the position on the second stack still grants a huge area of influence over enemies approaching from spawn.

Wahoo World has a pole in the middle of the zone which is more useful as something to stick a Suction Bomb to than as cover.

Overall, the changes are more ambitious than I thought and, I think, had the maps rolled out in these versions from the start of Splatoon 3 we'd have been better off, but I'm not a fan of the shrinkage. Especially Museum and Eeltail Alley had a unique-ish identity in Splatoon 3 as large zones you could actually have two or three seperate fights going on at different ends and couldn't paint over in a fraction of a second which lead to a good push and pull dynamic.

Last edited:
Reppin Inkopolis just uses the default flip out animations for the newer weapon classes... fucking disappointing
everything about this game exudes the team trying to make it appear to be rich with content and updates while likely not getting the resources that would really need

MakoMart has a similar sightline-blocking sign that makes pushing up to the first stack slightly less powerful, but the position on the second stack still grants a huge area of influence over enemies approaching from spawn.

Good lord I just saw Mako Tower Control. That is some aggressive blocking for backliner weapon. I don't even know how to feel about it, will be interesing to play..

Reppin Inkopolis just uses the default flip out animations for the newer weapon classes... fucking disappointing
Assuming I'm understanding you right, how would it work otherwise do you reckon? If it's adding new animations then it's not much of a throwback animation.

Assuming I'm understanding you right, how would it work otherwise do you reckon? If it's adding new animations then it's not much of a throwback animation.
I was just hoping for them to come up with something, because rn it just feels like the newer classes are being screwed over

Back
Top Bottom