• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait... Krak-on Roller ORIGINAL is back? That was my main in Splatoon 1, it'll be fun to try it out in modern Splatoon.

Splash
Sploosh
Nzap
Jet
L-3

The shooter privilege is absurd
It's stupid. If the poster shows all the new kits, we're still not going to have new Dynamo kit and no new Brella kit at all. Sploosh Nzap did not need a new kit this soon. And L-3 is so bloody useless... I doubt a new kit is going to change that. Truly a wasted spot if you ask me

Shooters are by far the largest set of weapons in the game they're always going to have the most alternative kits.

They could easily split them in to multiple weapon types; in fact, they already have done that in the past, in Splat1/2, blaster weapons were all also clashed as shooters.

I'm not sure about splash and splosh getting alternates at the same time, but everything else is probably fine.

Shooters are by far the largest set of weapons in the game they're always going to have the most alternative kits.

They could easily split them in to multiple weapon types; in fact, they already have done that in the past, in Splat1/2, blaster weapons were all also clashed as shooters.

I'm not sure about splash and splosh getting alternates at the same time, but everything else is probably fine.
Shooters dominate the meta and have 10 alternative kits

Blasters have 3
Rollers, Sloshers have 2
Splatlings, Chargers, Dualies, Brushes have 1
Brellas, Splatanas, Stringers have 0

The fact that there are already so many options for shooters compared to other classes is not an argument to give them even more while others get barely anything.

I was kinda hoping for three maps this time, instead we got only two with one being manta maria

kind of a bummer but fuck yeah kraken is back

For reference

At the start of the game, shooters made up about 1/4th of the weapons in the game

After this update, they'll make up almost 1/3rd.

Shooters dominate the meta and have 10 alternative kits

Blasters have 3
Rollers, Sloshers have 2
Splatlings, Chargers, Dualies, Brushes have 1
Brellas, Splatanas, Stringers have 0

The fact that there are already so many options for shooters compared to other classes is not an argument to give them even more while others get barely anything.

Yeah, they have more alternates, because there are 14 main shooter weapons. VS 5 Rollers, 6 snipers (8 if you want to count scopes separately, but in terms of alternatives, scoped versions always come paired with the non scoped), 5 sloshers, 5 splatlings, 5 dualies, 3 brellas, 6 blasters, 2 brushes, 2 stringers and 2 splatanas.

There's about 3 times as many shooters as any other given class, and they're getting a bit more than 3 times as many alternatives than most of the other weapon types in the patch. With the exception of sploosh and splash, they're all targeting very different types of shooters, which is why I already said they could have separated those out.

And it's not fair at all to say shooters dominate the meta, because it's only one specific shooter and that bloody crab tank.

I haven't played since season 1 but I must be a kraken

Is there anything extremely important I missed last season or was it all just new hats & emotes

I haven't played since season 1 but I must be a kraken

Is there anything extremely important I missed last season or was it all just new hats & emotes
nope, seasonal crap is mostly worthless

only thing you missed was playing salmon run on wahoo world, that was kinda cool

Really looks like there might not be any new main weapon :(
FpFComXXsAEbmUp

This was the equivalent pic for last season:
Splatoon3ChillSeason2022.jpg

nope, seasonal crap is mostly worthless

only thing you missed was playing salmon run on wahoo world, that was kinda cool
Wahoo salmon duty sounds fun

Can't wait to obliterate my VP rank if there's another one. Actually I'll just demote myself so I don't ruin everyone's else's games after not playing for 3 months

So it's safe to say now that hope for any new mode of some kind is dead. Really doubt they will add one one Summer (almost one year since the game will be out).

So it's safe to say now that hope for any new mode of some kind is dead. Really doubt they will add one one Summer (almost one year since the game will be out).
You're probably right but wouldn't one year anniversary be a good time to revitalise the game with a new mode

Or is that story DLC time

I have never played it but there is something so special about Splatoon 1, it's not the gamepad, it's not the maps, it's just how the ink and inklings looks and the whole game.

Is that really all that it is in the update? Could the trailer show off new main weapons/league battle?
I'm wondering if there'll even be a trailer (3 splatillion copies was not enough to give the team a budget)

Very glad Manta Maria is back, and very interested in the new King Salmonid

Lol....I told someone a week ago this Season might determine whether I pause Splatoon 3 for a long time. As much, as I have found joy in playing outside my norm, I missed having fun with my long range shooters. This update is giving me .96 Gal, Jet Squelcher, and L-3D. If they all get thier Splatoon 1 kits, Ill cry. If JS and L3D get burst bomb and they dodge a dumb special like Tacticooler on JS, Ill be happy still.

My partner who mained Krak-On Roller will be crying (no exaggeration) when they find out thier child is back.

Shiiiiiiitt...i might get the expasion pass just cuz nostalgia. If it wasnt for Splatoon 1, I wouldnt have met my partner.

Kraken is a neat surprise. I'm glad that Manta Maria is coming back. Fingers crossed there are more new kits than that.

I wonder how far they're willing to go with bringing back Splatoon 1 kits. Sploosh, Jet, L-3, Krak-On and Gal .96 all had kraken kits in that game and the last 2 are confirmed to have those kits. Will they go all the way and give all of them their old kits now that kraken is back?

I'd love to have Sploosh with kraken

I think I'm probably trying to attribute too much regularity to what will likely end up being a pretty inconsistent update model, but I wonder if we'll alternate between new main weapons and sets of a new special and sub

Ok, I never played 1, I had NO IDEA you could turn into a kraken????? that rules???

edit: also why don’t people like manta maria?

Yeah I'll be honest if this poster is everything then I think I'm pretty unhappy with the pace of updates in this game

Kraken nerfs appear to be, swims slower, two shot kill, more start up lag, and more end lag. This is on top of its last nerf which made bullets push it back. Should be a fair special. Hopefully it does good famage to objects like Crab Tank l.

Back
Top Bottom