• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True I guess I just think it should help a bit more

Range is already pretty good in this game because it can kill enemies from a safe distance. Now imagine if they could also heal teammates from a safe distance. You'd have to make a seperate weapon class where that's the whole gimmick. And probably start with close range shooters. Would be funny seeing a Splattershot medic pop up and just splurge all over a teammate.

Subs might be a better venue to experiment with a healing effect. Imagine a Burst Bomb that restores health.

I'm not even color-blind and I got this problem with the dark blue ink. If the enemy has that color, it's like they all received a free Ninja Squid ability.

Toning down the swim effects: Another one of the baffling decisions made moving from Splatoon 2 to Splatoon 3.
DnoSQYpX4AE7tYr.jpg

And you know what else? The locked color option still uses dark blue for water 🤡
Somehow Splatfest really makes me think about those little baffling decisions they took and changed for 3. Or the ones they did not take (like not allowing you to choose colors).

I really wish there was more to Splatfest. Playing turf war for 48 hours is boring as hell, I don't even wanna play until tricolor is available tbh
I just want it to be over. I love turf wars and it's my most played mode, but I just can't play during Splatfest.

Turf War is easy to fix tbh:
  • Winning is no longer having the most turf at the end but having the best turf push of the entire game at any time, like in the Anarchy modes (ex: Team A reaches 70% turf mid-game but goes down to 40% at the end, as long as team B hasn't ever pushed higher than 70% it's a win for team A)
  • Scoreboard (top UI) now takes this into account, showing both highest and current turf score of each team
  • Team A pushing to 75% turf triggers an alarm and Team B has to get them down to 65% in a set amount of time to avoid being KO'd (not sure about the numbers)
  • all stages have shifty stations gimmicks

Change I'm not sure about: needing to hold a turf score (ex: 67% or more) for 5 seconds to validate it as your highest score
I agree with @Lucyfer, this sounds good as a separate new mode.

I really want this as a separate mode. The fact that dying once in the last 30 seconds loses you the game most of the time + the rest of the match not mattering really puts me off playing turf war, and I can't imagine being spawncamped is fun either (though I rarely experience it). Making the rest of the game matter, and being able to knock it out would make it a good mode.
I don't know what's the deal with Splatoon 3, but this happens way too much, to the point it's sus 😝
Never in S2 happened this much or as often.

Range is already pretty good in this game because it can kill enemies from a safe distance. Now imagine if they could also heal teammates from a safe distance. You'd have to make a seperate weapon class where that's the whole gimmick. And probably start with close range shooters. Would be funny seeing a Splattershot medic pop up and just splurge all over a teammate.

Subs might be a better venue to experiment with a healing effect. Imagine a Burst Bomb that restores health.
That’s true a burst bomb that heals would be awesome actually would love that
I think it comes from me wanting to help my teammates a bit more but knowing as soon as I enter combat I get crushed

I have lost the last 12 matches 🙃
Might have to stop playing cause I can't see the enemy at all. Obviously it isn't only my fault for the losses, but if I can't help my team and I just keep dying, what's the point? This is probably the most miserable Splatfest experience I've ever had :(

I rescind my previous comment after just having had to abort a Salmon Run session because two out of three attempts ended in the first round because all three teammates kept jerking off the Big Shot's cannon on the other side of the spiral tower.
Tried it. Took almost 1 hour to finally finish a complete shift for the Cohozuna. The weapons are excellent, tho. It was really fun despite the bad players.

Connection is shit times twenty right now, holy fucking shit what happened?
Yep. I did not have errors and the matchmaking was relatively fast until this new day rotation started just now.

That’s true a burst bomb that heals would be awesome actually would love that
I think it comes from me wanting to help my teammates a bit more but knowing as soon as I enter combat I get crushed

If only Sup Power Up affected throw range of Splash Wall. You could stack 39 points of Sub Power Up and toss life savers in front of teammates under fire!

I have lost the last 12 matches 🙃
Might have to stop playing cause I can't see the enemy at all. Obviously it isn't only my fault for the losses, but if I can't help my team and I just keep dying, what's the point? This is probably the most miserable Splatfest experience I've ever had :(

This Splatfest catches me a bad time, too, because I'm still not over the matchmaking when I played two evenings ago and several times in quick succession my team was all-backliners with duplicate weapons against teams of all-short range with also duplicate weapons, when just swapping a couple of weapons around would have given everyone involved a more fun time. Never been more fed up with Splatoon.

Team Grass here. On a pretty nice win streak, including 3 tricolor battle wins and a 10x battle win. Doing much better than I did the last splatfest!

I would truly and honestly get rid of games ending early because someone leaves. It would make this game so much better. Nothing worse than finally getting a Tricolor Turf War match and it ends 30 seconds in because someone left in a huff.

tricolor sucks

seriously, tricolor is the most disheartening video game experience I think I've ever had

they get the signal, we've lost

mario kart blue shell

I fucking hate 10x battles too

I have now negatively contributed to the team because of them

this shit sucks

Yeah, I straight made sure to reach ruler rank yesterday because there was no chance I was going to risk having to do it today while tricolour on the same map from the demo splatfests was in rotation.

It annoys me off even more because of them having shiver boast about winning all 4 of the previous splatfests (the demo one happened in 3 different regions, shiver won them all) like it isn't because tricolour completely sabotages whoever is winning at the halfway point.

Bigmans team is about to get buggered a fifth time despite, apparently, having had the edge with player skill all five times when the playing field is fair and there's nothing we can do about it.

Y'all weren't kidding. Tricolor defending sucks.

The multitasking between protecting the signal and covering turf is no bueno. For the first and only one I did, I ended up parking myself on top of one of the little raised platforms nearby and just hid there for a bit, killing people the moment they took the signal. Got like four kills in a row like this lmao. We ended up winning, go Team Water.

Got Water Ruler (man, that sounds lame...) just now, and calling it quits for the night. My catalog is at lvl 92 and I'm eager to get that dab before Pokemon launches.

sigh I wish I was having enough good luck to lose via a last push. Even when my teams pulls a last push we still lose because if this game's team comp is wack. I've played the last 10 games as ranged blaster because it's the only weapon I can decent kill with and everytime, it's 4 fast, easily inking weapons vs me and 3 slow weapons that cannot ink well. So even when we make a last minute push...it's still a 5-10% lost because well we didn't ink enough. And when I give up and decide "fine, I'll use an inking weapon...THEN matchmaking will shove as many Rulers +X at me as possible. I don't get what I did but this game consistently matches me with S+ or Ruler+ as high as the number can go. It's be funny if it didn't mean I win 1 match in maybe 30

Game...again...I do not know what I did to convince you I'm a god at this game but I'm not. I cannot win againstg 4 Fire Rulers +4 when I have 3 Grass Fans on my team...

Last Splatfest I had 0 Tricolour the entire day, this time I've had two in an hour lol. Won one lost one to Fire

Once again people don't know how to cooperate against the defending team :(

Game...again...I do not know what I did to convince you I'm a god at this game but I'm not. I cannot win againstg 4 Fire Rulers +4 when I have 3 Grass Fans on my team...
That mostly means how much people have been playing during the Splatfest, it's not really about how good they are. I'm currently Ruler +6 and I've had a terrible streak. I've seen some Rulers +15.

I love how when I'm going into the 'recently played' with menu after playing Smash Bros, I go there to block people, but with Splatoon I'm actually sending friend requests lmao

Was playing this last night and got on a really good run until I started getting games plagued with connection errors. Really sucks the fun out of it so I ended up turning it off

It's not like you need to, the game is so heavily stacked against the defenders and you're still playing against the other team of 2 as you get double the points for coming ahead of them.
I really want to be in the defenders team next time. We have lost only one tri-color battle, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be.

I really want to be in the defenders team next time. We have lost only one tri-color battle, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be.

With any luck this will be the last one that's disappointing, regardless of team. They promised the mode would be getting updated significantly somehow in the first major patch which was scheduled at the end of the month.

It'll take something major to salvage it though, like letting the defenders disable the beacon things the attacks can take somehow, or something.

I hope the tri color battles are more prevalent this time! Last splatfest I didn't get to play in any.

And the fest before that, I was on the defending team.
So I'd really like to try being an attacking team, to see how that changes the battle strategy.

I remember how tough it was being on the defending team, it feels like you're straight up being bullied from both sides. 🥲

And it basically turns into a 4 vs 4 anyways, with the defending team in a bad positioning from the start. It's too big of a punishment imo.
Would 1 vs 3 vs 1 make it fairer you think? XD

Played a few tricolor matches as a team grass and I still stand with my opinion even when I played the world premiere Splatfest that the tricolor should ve 3v3v3

I will be very surprised if Grass doesn't win this. Water teammates have been generally mid (Team Gear felt really good to play alongside in contrast) and most of my losses were to Grass, barely any to Fire

I guess Shiver fans really are built different!

Side note: I hope the first proper patch has Crab nerfs because people running three weapons with it in Turf War and coordinating them is beyond terrible

Last edited:
I've had a fairly decent time, though it's the first time for a few weeks I've been on Splatoon 3. I'm a fairly casual player, did around 50 games across yesterday and today with a roughly 30/20 split across wins and losses. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if I played the game more.

Probably spend the rest of my free NSO trial in Salmon Run throughout the week while I continue to um and ah about paying for a new sub.

I feel like I've been thrown back pre patch with the lag but it's maybe an influx of bad connections with splatfest.
Back to getting killed by shots not touching me on my screen.

B94B4985-404F-4361-89B9-C56383118BBF.jpeg

15 wins against La Fleur on Lv.3......

Halfway to winning that sweet deck skin.

I feel like I've been thrown back pre patch with the lag but it's maybe an influx of bad connections with splatfest.
Back to getting killed by shots not touching me on my screen.
It has been a pretty laggy Splatfest indeed.

I don't know what clicked last night or if all the good Fire players decided to show up after 11pm, but this is how my record looks right now.

xpcK8Yr.jpg

I forgot to ask yesterday. How do you calculate this?
I'm very much assuming here, but since the cutoff for top 100 on the largest team last splatfest was around 2385, I think 2464 should basically be guaranteed to net me top 100

I only play ranked so I’m just getting utterly destroyed here. The weapons I play are just not good for inking turf. I have not gotten a single win and just spend 50% of my matches getting splatted. I’m letting team grass down 😭
Think I’m just gonna drop the game for the foreseeable future. I’m so ass at this game and it’s no fun getting my ass kicked literally every match. I’ll be back for the single player DLC next year, or if Tri Stringer gets bufffed.

I just had a 10X battle where one of my teammates refused to play the game and spent the whole matching standing around, spamming booya, and letting people kill him on purpose

Fuck splatfest, fuck team grass, fuck tricolor, fuck all of this

Back
Top Bottom