• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

They really need to make exp tickets affect catalog exp too. Past level 30 they're literally useless, I'm level 62 and just hoarding them because at this point it does nothing but make a useless number go up that others can't even see.

They really need to make exp tickets affect catalog exp too. Past level 30 they're literally useless, I'm level 62 and just hoarding them because at this point it does nothing but make a useless number go up that others can't even see.
When a friend reaches level 50, they appear on your lobby with the announcement and that's it. I'm hoping they do something extra with the exp. tickets, helping the catalog and gear would be very welcomed. I also want to be able to use a ticket and a beverage at the same time :p

Only got 4 TW matches in tonight but went from being absolute trash to top of the team in 2 of the matches simply by swapping out Slosher for Splattergun and bumping my sensitivity up a notch. WTF.

You can no longer order Fake Contacts or other "unobtainable" gear from other players, it results in a communication error. Also, these pieces of gear will be removed from players' inventories in the next update. No punishments will be handed out, as this is something you could have done accidentally.

Headgear
- Fake Contacts (season 3)

Clothes
  • Black V-Neck Tee (5)
  • White King Tank (5)

Shoes
  • Gold Hi-Horses (2)
  • Cyan Dakroniks (5)
  • Black Trainers (3)
  • Yellow-Mesh Sneakers (5)
Keep in mind these are all subject to change, they're only in the game right now since the amiibo wear them :)

I would like to hear about why the initial unit sales for Splatoon 3 were so different in Japan, versus abroad. I know that in general, the overseas markets tend to get off to a slower start than the Japanese market, but the regional difference for Splatoon 2 was not as large as the difference this time around. Do you think there were any macroeconomic factors impacting this?

Furukawa: For Splatoon 3, I believe the difference in unit sales between Japan and elsewhere appears large because of the extremely high initial sales volume we saw in Japan. However, the title is off to a strong start outside of Japan as well, with numbers higher than we saw for Splatoon 2. The market environment is most likely one of the reasons why the initial response was so strong in Japan. Capcom's Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak released at the end of June, and user activity in Japan started to increase especially during the summer. Subsequent releases including Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Kirby’s Dream Buffet, and the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass add-on content helped maintain a high level of engagement. We held the Splatoon 3 Splatfest World Premiere during that time, and were able to generate a great deal of excitement, particularly in the Japanese market. One important consideration for Splatoon 3 was how we can deliver the game not only into the hands of active users who have long been passionate Splatoon players, but also those who previously played but are taking a break. It turned out that, in addition to these two types of players, the number of new players has far exceeded our expectations. A similar trend is present outside of Japan as well, and we believe this to be the result of bringing Nintendo Switch to even more users than at the 2017 release of Splatoon 2.
To summarize, we believe initial unit sales in Japan were much higher than anticipated because we were able to sufficiently increase Nintendo Switch engagement towards the release of Splatoon 3. Conversely, we view it as a positive that there is potential for further sales growth in markets outside of Japan.

From the most recent Nintendo's Q&A: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/221109_2e.pdf

did my pro splatfest calculations, got a power that guarantees me a top 100 spot, not playing pro again until the end of the fest (y)

When your crappy teammate from last round decides to keep playing with you and your friend

we-dont-like-you-dont-like-you.gif

Alright, time to confess: I don't enjoy S3's Splatfests and I'm kinda glad there wasn't one last month.

I'm colorblind, so with this night lighting is like everyone is using Ninja Squid (and A LOT of people are actually using it, which makes matters worse). I can't see at all, the enemy ink (water/blue) is one big surface. Can't even distinguish between stage objects and heights of painted areas. It's one big flat area to me (imagine a green screen).

I can deal better when fighting against grass teams because apparently a glitch made it a dull tone, but those matches are rare :b

In S2, only a few color combinations during the fests gave me trouble, and I could diminish the issue locking the colors. But in S3, all 3 splatfests have been a headache, and locking colors isn't helping much (I can perfectly distinguish between team colors).

It's frustrating and I'm truly sad :(

Beat Cohozuna by the skin of our teeth in Eggsecutive VP... no silver or gold fish scales. Very cool 🙃

Sorry for being negative today but things that should be easy or make sense just sometimes aren't in this game despite all the great QOL improvements

at the rate we're going in 2024 this thread will just be "fuck every dipshit who plays this game besides me"
The real truth is that my friend and I are also bad so we need good teammates to help

However this particular person killed me by running directly into me with 6 missiles on them so we had a particular malice towards them 🤌

I never play Turfwar outside of Splatfests, so the first handful of matches I did were rough. None of the weapons I was using felt right, I was doing super bad even with Sloshing Machine, my main

Then I picked up N-Zap for the first time since week 1. I knew this thing was supposed to be good, but I never realized just HOW good until now. All is well

Alright, time to confess: I don't enjoy S3's Splatfests and I'm kinda glad there wasn't one last month.

I'm colorblind, so with this night lighting is like everyone is using Ninja Squid (and A LOT of people are actually using it, which makes matters worse). I can't see at all, the enemy ink (water/blue) is one big surface. Can't even distinguish between stage objects and heights of painted areas. It's one big flat area to me (imagine a green screen).

I can deal better when fighting against grass teams because apparently a glitch made it a dull tone, but those matches are rare :b

In S2, only a few color combinations during the fests gave me trouble, and I could diminish the issue locking the colors. But in S3, all 3 splatfests have been a headache, and locking colors isn't helping much (I can perfectly distinguish between team colors).

It's frustrating and I'm truly sad :(

I'm not even color-blind and I got this problem with the dark blue ink. If the enemy has that color, it's like they all received a free Ninja Squid ability.

Toning down the swim effects: Another one of the baffling decisions made moving from Splatoon 2 to Splatoon 3.

I never play Turfwar outside of Splatfests, so the first handful of matches I did were rough. None of the weapons I was using felt right, I was doing super bad even with Sloshing Machine, my main

Then I picked up N-Zap for the first time since week 1. I knew this thing was supposed to be good, but I never realized just HOW good until now. All is well
Yea, I think TW pretty much wants you to play with anything that has a high ROF and therefore quick coverage capabilities. Anything that doesn’t fit that criteria isn’t going to be as effective although there’s certainly a role for weapons that are aimed at taking players out.

Turf War is easy to fix tbh:
  • Winning is no longer having the most turf at the end but having the best turf push of the entire game at any time, like in the Anarchy modes (ex: Team A reaches 70% turf mid-game but goes down to 40% at the end, as long as team B hasn't ever pushed higher than 70% it's a win for team A)
  • Scoreboard (top UI) now takes this into account, showing both highest and current turf score of each team
  • Team A pushing to 75% turf triggers an alarm and Team B has to get them down to 65% in a set amount of time to avoid being KO'd (not sure about the numbers)
  • all stages have shifty stations gimmicks

Change I'm not sure about: needing to hold a turf score (ex: 67% or more) for 5 seconds to validate it as your highest score

Last edited:
Turf War is easy to fix tbh:
  • Winning is no longer having the most turf at the end but having the best turf push of the entire game at any time, like in the Anarchy modes (ex: Team A reaches 70% turf mid-game but goes down to 40% at the end, as long as team B hasn't ever pushed higher than 70% it's a win for team A)
  • Scoreboard now takes this into account, showing both highest and current turf score of each team
  • Team A pushing to 75% turf triggers an alarm and Team B has to get them down to 65% in a set amount of time to avoid being KO'd (not sure about the numbers)
  • all stages have shifty stations gimmicks

Change I'm not sure about: needing to hold a turf score (ex: 67% or more) for 5 or 10 seconds to validate it as your highest score
I really want this as a separate mode. The fact that dying once in the last 30 seconds loses you the game most of the time + the rest of the match not mattering really puts me off playing turf war, and I can't imagine being spawncamped is fun either (though I rarely experience it). Making the rest of the game matter, and being able to knock it out would make it a good mode.

I really wish there was more to Splatfest. Playing turf war for 48 hours is boring as hell, I don't even wanna play until tricolor is available tbh

There is: Salmon Run while mostly only Salmon Run die-hards and Turf War hating pros pay attention to the mode!

I only play ranked so I’m just getting utterly destroyed here. The weapons I play are just not good for inking turf. I have not gotten a single win and just spend 50% of my matches getting splatted. I’m letting team grass down 😭

If tri color will be that much frequent like last time (basically non existent) I will be so pissed
It will be

Though maybe slightly less bad if you were on team Gear, since the huge amount of players on that team made it harder to find a tricolor

I rescind my previous comment after just having had to abort a Salmon Run session because two out of three attempts ended in the first round because all three teammates kept jerking off the Big Shot's cannon on the other side of the spiral tower.

I hate playing against Missiles on Mahi Mahi! Ran into a stack of 4 while playing with friends yesterday, and it was quite a forgettable experience.

I’m probably the only one who thinks this is a good idea but I feel like shooting a team mate should heal them seeing your teammate getting outgunned but too far away to attack I feel like it would be helpful so they could back out of the fight easier

I’m probably the only one who thinks this is a good idea but I feel like shooting a team mate should heal them seeing your teammate getting outgunned but too far away to attack I feel like it would be helpful so they could back out of the fight easier

It kind of does already. Standing in ink inflicts damage and restricts movement, so by shooting your teammate's feet from a distance you support their survival either by actually preventing damage or giving them an escape path.

It kind of does already. Standing in ink inflicts damage and restricts movement, so by shooting your teammate's feet from a distance you support their survival either by actually preventing damage or giving them an escape path.
True I guess I just think it should help a bit more

Back
Top Bottom