• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Salmon run desperately needs a "you've got the hydra splatling, ignore the fucking regular salmonids and get to shredding the king salmon in to a fine mist like you're supposed to" button.

Salmon run desperately needs a "you've got the hydra splatling, ignore the fucking regular salmonids and get to shredding the king salmon in to a fine mist like you're supposed to" button.

I wish I could get teammates that concerned about the smallfry. This is seemingly the "everyone fancies themselves THE boss killer" rotation, because I'm just getting overrun by the regular troops no one bothers with.

The lyrics for Liquid Sunshine are so good, with color coding for the singers and everything. Please do this for more songs Nintendo

It's so great how it's 8 years later and we're still locked into playing Turf War with poor matchmaking for a whole weekend once a month

I feel like some of the dancing animations in Inkopolis are new. There was a dude dancing on the stairs with some wonderful hot mess that I wish was a victory emote.

I am just so utterly done with people who play backline weapons and then NEVER do anything to help their frontliners. If I'm playing a frontline weapon, and I'm constantly getting double or triple-teamed, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING. If you're playing e-liter or tri-stringer, you need to be picking off the people who are focused on the frontliners. HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS. So many people play backline weapons and then don't even do the basics of their job. You don't even have to get splats, but you HAVE to distract them so your frontliners can. It's not that hard to understand, Jesus.

I am just so utterly done with people who play backline weapons and then NEVER do anything to help their frontliners. If I'm playing a frontline weapon, and I'm constantly getting double or triple-teamed, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING. If you're playing e-liter or tri-stringer, you need to be picking off the people who are focused on the frontliners. HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS. So many people play backline weapons and then don't even do the basics of their job. You don't even have to get splats, but you HAVE to distract them so your frontliners can. It's not that hard to understand, Jesus.
It's worst when they simply refuse to move or interact. I was in the following scenario yesterday:
->Hammerhead Zones
->Splat Charger on our side positioned on the standard sniper platform in our base
->We wipe out the opposing team
->Sniper refuses to move an inch
Like what are they going to hit from there if the rest of our team moved into enemy base??

Luckily there was some time before the enemy team got back, so I got onto the box in the middle of the zone and spammed some 'This way!' They actually did come over after that so props to them, but it's still a very dumb move to just stay in such a useless spot.

Btw this is even worse when you're the backliner and there's a non-backliner doing this. Multiple times brainless Splattershot players were content to just stay in base and spam splat bombs, even during pushes... They are the slayer, create an opening get in there what are you doing??

Just make sure to stay in the backliner's zone of influence, then the fault is all on them for missing their shot or looking the wrong way. But I wish I could tell my frontliners to be patient every now and then, when the trap is ready to be sprung and the enemy is about to be deleted the second they engage my frontliner at their current position, but then the frontliner aggresses first while the enemy is still safely shielded from whatever angle I have on them so what could have been a 2v1 is decided in a 1v1.

Aliens are winning! I hope Frye got her second win this time. And I kept running into godlike chargers today, ehh. Didn't enjoy today's play session that much because of that.

Aliens are winning! I hope Frye got her second win this time. And I kept running into godlike chargers today, ehh. Didn't enjoy today's play session that much because of that.
If the team that won the sneak peak wins again they're really gonna have to change the way they do this because it's getting way too predictable.

I thought I was doing better than usual this Splatfest but then I noticed my Pro Rating had just started much lower than usual, too.

Hoping to get to catalogue level 66 by the end of this Splatfest so I can have that cool multicolor hoodie to wear afterwards.

Fsp1zq3aMAABAF3

(WARNING: LOUD)

I only just got on to play as I've been busy today but MAN the atmosphere in Inkopolis is good. 🥺
Kinda want to buy the DLC just out of curiosity.

Clearly the real mythological creature is competent teammates.
🤣

If the team that won the sneak peak wins again they're really gonna have to change the way they do this because it's getting way too predictable.
I'll keep saying it forever: any popularity category/points should only be used if there is a tie.

I thought I was doing better than usual this Splatfest but then I noticed my Pro Rating had just started much lower than usual, too.
What's your current and what's your usual?

Well, just as Bigfoot, its team doesn't exist. It's either a mirror match or a Nessie fight.

Last night the only battles we lost were mirror ones (team aliens), but today Nessie is cleaning the floor (on Pro).

Also, I HATE the nigh lighting. I can't see at all when the enemy's ink is blue.

Usually anywhere between 1800 and 2100. Currently 1600, which is the "Opponents just freely stroll into my shots" and "Wtf we just won a 3v4 where our 4th player DCd within the first minute" range.
Where do you check it? I can't find mine :p (Lucy was so right about the UI)

Where do you check it? I can't find mine :p (Lucy was so right about the UI)

In the Open/Pro/Tricolor battle selection menu, upper right corner, directly underneath the rank bar. It cycles through clout and power rating, so you may need to wait a couple seconds.

I'm sooooo fucking tired of mirror matches and how people just stop playing/trying or just stand there and do squid parties because, well, it's against your own team. It's bad enough that points won't matter (and they are are so common for aliens), I know, but I still wanna play and have fun!

In the Open/Pro/Tricolor battle selection menu, upper right corner, directly underneath the rank bar. It cycles through clout and power rating, so you may need to wait a couple seconds.
Thanks!
Current: 2075.2
Highest: 2265.1

So, only tangently related to Splatoon but...

I'm glad everyone realizes that Splatoon is for the LGBT+ crowd exclusively.

As it should be

/s (or am I?)

Surprised that Team Nessie is leading halftime. I'm on Team Aliens and for once I feel like I've been doing decent in teams.

The Tricolor battles have been so fun in the last few fests. I'm really glad they changed how they work and the maps have been great, imo.

I think I like Tricolor Makomart a lot better than normal Makomart, lol.

This has been the case for the last couple of Tricolor stages, but that's more on the new/original's maps not-so-good designs :p

Last edited:
I really need to figure out what I’m doing wrong in turf war. I tend to play fairly aggressively by charging to the center with a shooter and I don’t know if I’m just not geared properly or need to find a better thing to do that encourages me to play more conservatively. Because I feel like my aim is terrible and I can’t track people when they’re hopping around like they’re bunny rabbits. So I get eaten alive in any sort of encounter especially against anything with a high ROF. Which being turf war is like 90% of the weapons.

I’m not sure I’m having a good time and I feel like I’m dragging things down because I feel like I’m doing something wrong.

This is all in open and playing with randoms too if that matters.

Gonna be honest, tricolor is hot garbage and always will be. It's also pointless now as a catchup mechanic. It still takes forever to get matches, and for some reason every one I've played is all-Nessie matches. It never feels like you have any impact on the results of the match, whatever it is, it's just complete random chaos.

Can only hope with what a disaster it's been that in the next game they go back to 2 teams and shifty stations. I miss them so much.

Gonna be honest, tricolor is hot garbage and always will be. It's also pointless now as a catchup mechanic. It still takes forever to get matches, and for some reason every one I've played is all-Nessie matches. It never feels like you have any impact on the results of the match, whatever it is, it's just complete random chaos.

Can only hope with what a disaster it's been that in the next game they go back to 2 teams and shifty stations. I miss them so much.
Honestly they should have just done 3v3v3. That and maybe added some other modes. I think TriColor Splash Zones or Rainmaker would have worked better than Turf War honestly.

Love the chaotic layout Makomart brings. Tricolor has improved a lot since the first time (I will forever maintain Team Scissors was robbed)

Also the new Squid Sisters song is fun! With the fireworks and colours I kinda prefer it over 3's, despite Anarchy Rainbow being the better song.

You wanna know why so many people disconnect in 10x matches, Nintendo? Well maybe it has something to do with your atrocious matchmaking. Maybe it has to do with you forcing people to go on 10-game losing streaks because you utterly despise your players so much. So yeah, in that situation you're goddamned right I'm gonna deliberately disconnect and ruin the game for everyone else too.

Back
Top Bottom