• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta say that this Big Run is significantly more fun than the first one, Wahoo World was such an awful map for a first showing (especially at High Tide). Also Horrorboros looks really neat

I just died because a Flyfish was above where my Inkjet return spawn icon was, and his little green trail downwards splatted me when I got back. That was a new one lmao

Gotta say that this Big Run is significantly more fun than the first one, Wahoo World was such an awful map for a first showing (especially at High Tide). Also Horrorboros looks really neat
I'm the complete opposite, I thought Wahoo's World layout made it more fun and unique while Inkblot doesn't do much exciting and it's really hard to take back the middle area if it's been overrun.

imo Wahoo World was okay if you were at the center area, but the moment the baskets shift to the edges of the map all hell breaks loose and not in a fun way. And god forbid it was a Cohozuna wave

My 3rd Horrorboros fight, already pushing to 37 lol. Might be significantly easier than Cohozuna
FqWQqkFaIAAsjh7.png

Just failed a round because I was the last one left alive and TWO of my teammates were under a Slammin Lid spamming "Help!"

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU YOU'RE IN AN UNINKABLE FORCEFIELD

This is what I get for never playing salmon run pretty much, climbing during big run is pain in low ranks, if I was waited I would be stuck in low rank hell. I just wanna see the eldritch eel then I’m out for tonight.

haven’t really done much of the online. Someone tell me what this event is. Loved the first salmon run but haven’t even tried one in 3 except for the training round

haven’t really done much of the online. Someone tell me what this event is. Loved the first salmon run but haven’t even tried one in 3 except for the training round

its salmon run but on one of the pvp maps instead of a salmon run map. this time its inkblot academy.

Yeah I'm never going to get to beat Horrorboros. I get utterly screwed with weapons and teammates every single time, without exception.

If it happens to you every time, the connecting factor is you. The universe isn't actually out to get you. I bet you've barely even fought it.

This would just barely miss the top ranks last time so it will probably be the same again. I haven't gotten a single one of the really good egg farming waves like Mudmouth or Goldie Seeking yet

This would just barely miss the top ranks last time so it will probably be the same again. I haven't gotten a single one of the really good egg farming waves like Mudmouth or Goldie Seeking yet

Those aren't playable in Big Run, only Mothership/Glowflies/Grillers/Fog

The terrain/environment clipping is awful in this map :p
  • How many eggs do you think think will be needed for each category, considering the map seems harder?
  • What's your current hi-score?

I'm at 106 right now

I'm finding it way easier, currently got 144, and already beaten my high score on the previous map 4 times over (out of ten rounds, it was 123 before)

Last edited:
It'd be nice if there was a way to practice on the King Salmonids. Just getting thrown into it, especially on higher difficulties, is pretty rough.

Feeling slightly better about getting gold now, but you never know with the crazy players in this game. If I got 150 I would truly feel safe.

I guess I really suck. The best I can manage is 84 currently. Though I've barely had special waves, only a few mothership waves.

I guess I really suck. The best I can manage is 84 currently. Though I've barely had special waves, only a few mothership waves.

It's honestly just getting to Eggsecutive VP and then playing until you get good RNG. If you don't get good loadouts, good teammates, and good feeding waves there's not much you can do. Other than that it's just trying to get as many eggs as you can, even if it might otherwise be dumb. On my 142 run we almost wiped a couple of times because we were trying to get eggs even when it wasn't really safe.

I can't even escape Profreshional +3 - how the hell are people getting to Egg VP?

Do it once in a good salmon run setup and then if you ever hit 0~10, stop playing for that shift so you never have to do it again.

Big run having random weapons makes it a bit more of an uphill struggle to rank up.

Do it once in a good salmon run setup and then if you ever hit 0~10, stop playing for that shift so you never have to do it again.

Big run having random weapons makes it a bit more of an uphill struggle to rank up.
This inspired me to look the actual rankings up and, honestly, I thought there were a shitton of ranks between Prof + 3 and Egg VP. That makes the prospect of me getting there seem much more likely given that I'm at 60/99 right now.
An unhealthy tolerance for self-punishment
Unfortunately (fortunately?) that is not a trait I have :(

It's honestly just getting to Eggsecutive VP and then playing until you get good RNG. If you don't get good loadouts, good teammates, and good feeding waves there's not much you can do. Other than that it's just trying to get as many eggs as you can, even if it might otherwise be dumb. On my 142 run we almost wiped a couple of times because we were trying to get eggs even when it wasn't really safe.

I'm stuck at Profreshional +1 for a while, +2 was my peak. I'll need to play more and hope for some good RNG. Last game I had 2 chargers in a row, I suck at those.

I wish people would make use of egg throw more often. Stop being selfish and throw the eggs somewhere on the map where others can get to them.

Gonna leave Big Run for now; I'm at 80/99 on Prof + 3 so I don't want to lose that by getting some shit teammates or weapons. High Score 89 so definitely won't get Gold or even Silver, but that was always unlikely.

After the second Big Run I really do think it needs something more to cling on to. Double rewards is nice but once you've done that it's just a typical Salmon Run round with a map that's not made for Salmon Run. That's unless you go for the high scores, but that's really only limited to good players at high pay-grades.

Gonna leave Big Run for now; I'm at 80/99 on Prof + 3 so I don't want to lose that by getting some shit teammates or weapons. High Score 89 so definitely won't get Gold or even Silver, but that was always unlikely.

After the second Big Run I really do think it needs something more to cling on to. Double rewards is nice but once you've done that it's just a typical Salmon Run round with a map that's not made for Salmon Run. That's unless you go for the high scores, but that's really only limited to good players at high pay-grades.

Just to be sure, you're aware that when big run is over you'll reset to 40/99 for the next shift, right?

You might as well give one game a shot before the big run is over just in case you manage to win it and rank up

Just to be sure, you're aware that when big run is over you'll reset to 40/99 for the next shift, right?

You might as well give one game a shot before the big run is over just in case you manage to win it and rank up
Ah, no I wasn't aware of that. It's probably happened before but I haven't noticed it. Thank you for letting me know!

lol I give up for Egg VP this time. Just lost three games in a row and now I'm at 60/99 Prof + 3 :(

Last edited:
Got to 119 eggs and 250 VP.
I don't think I'm getting a higher score than that cause I played with people who had MAX Hazard Level and Eggsecutive VP 999 (at several maps) and Top 5% badges, so the game won't pair me with better players :p
They were really good, so I guess it would be RNG dependant.

I'm not washed, I'm not washed I say as my teammates carry me to 122 eggs

Horrorboros screaming intensifies

Big run was actually really fun

My record currently is 125.

Having to get 150 feels like an ask and a half. But I'm enjoying this Big Run quite a bit so far.

Havent managed to beat Screamyboi just yet 😭
I'm profresh but I definitely feel out of my depth when the enemies start swarming the map! Especially since it's been a while since I properly played Sploon.

Honestly I should just derank, but clearing the map just by the skin of ur teeth is fun too, or just losing... that too. XD

If it happens to you every time, the connecting factor is you. The universe isn't actually out to get you. I bet you've barely even fought it.

i tend to agree with this mindset but there is a bit of a mitigating factor with horroboros. most pugs ive seen still dont know that you need to aim for his mouth bombs. lots of body shots goin on D:

Quick question, has Kraken Royale been added as a Salmon Run special? If it isn't, I think it should because it would be a great special in that mode. A nearly 8 second invincibility with the charge and jump attacks would be great for clearly waves of enemies.

Quick question, has Kraken Royale been added as a Salmon Run special? If it isn't, I think it should because it would be a great special in that mode. A nearly 8 second invincibility with the charge and jump attacks would be great for clearly waves of enemies.

It hasn't yet, I'm not sure if new specials are likely to be added. Hard to say since 2 had only a fixed 4 specials from the start.

Got into Profreshional +2 and a new high score of 92. But then everything fell apart and I lost 3 times in a row and back to +1...

On my first Horrorboros kill, the gods gifted me my beloved Hydra Splatling. Never was the Reppin' Inkopolis emote more fitting.

Despite that good fortune, Big Run has one big layer of bullshit randomness to many for a scored competition. At least sort the weapons into rough pools and ensure each weapon in a rotation is drawn from a different pool, so no more runs that end on the third wave because the game handed out four chargers and said "See how you can keep on track to 140+ eggs now, haha!"

After playing a bit more, I think Glowflies are the key to getting a high score. Wall clinging is actually a good strategy on this map, and there's multiple viable spots so you can just hang out on one while teammates deliver the eggs left underneath the last. Mothership and Grillers are good waves to land on top of that.

Horrorboros needs more health.

Or fly wider paths.

Poor sap is a terrifying scream and nothing more. All bark, no bite.

Back
Top Bottom