• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
counterpoint, blasters are fucking broken

you don't have to aim at someone, you just sort of have to shoot near them
Nah. I think it's great to have a weapon class that supports aiming smartly over aiming well. Recognizing how you can splat opponents who think they are safe from above or under ledges is really unique and fun. They also have serious weaknesses in that they are awkward at close range and paint badly. Another thing I adore about them is that if you're willing to put the time in them you can start trying to get more direct hits, which is super satisfying.

So I'd say blasters are in a perfectly fair position, but if we're buffing shooters, then why not blasters?

Nah. I think it's great to have a weapon class that supports aiming smartly over aiming well. Recognizing how you can splat opponents who think they are safe from above or under ledges is really unique and fun. They also have serious weaknesses in that they are awkward at close range and paint badly. Another thing I adore about them is that if you're willing to put the time in them you can start trying to get more direct hits, which is super satisfying.

So I'd say blasters are in a perfectly fair position, but if we're buffing shooters, then why not blasters?
Blasters rock

pyou don't have to aim at someone, you just sort of have to shoot near them

i think this is one of those real delicate situations where balancing something across multiple skill levels is super difficult

id wager at MOST levels of play, where people dont have rock solid aiming funamentals, a blaster has a slight advantage, but once youre in the higher levels the time to kill definitely favors shooters unless you can nail blaster directs at a favorable rate (which is very hard)

you also have to take into account that blasters cant take ground for shit, absolutely abysmal paint. theyre very reliant on a team that accommodates them and thats areal toss up outside of organized play.

and then die because you didn't hit the direct and they just kill you before you fire a second shot because you're a sitting duck after shooting
heheh ye eat shit blaster

you can splat opponents who think they are safe from above or under ledges is really unique and fun.
this is why I hate them. there's no hiding from a clash blaster

Blasters rock
that's true but fuck them

i think this is one of those real delicate situations where balancing something across multiple skill levels is super difficult

id wager at MOST levels of play, where people dont have rock solid aiming funamentals, a blaster has a slight advantage, but once youre in the higher levels the time to kill definitely favors shooters unless you can nail blaster directs at a favorable rate (which is very hard)

you also have to take into account that blasters cant take ground for shit, absolutely abysmal paint. theyre very reliant on a team that accommodates them and thats areal toss up outside of organized play.
yeah, I definitely see that blasters don't have the options that shooters do. my salt is just petty, I definitely wouldn't want them to be nerfed over shooters

now, if they were buffed I might start sweating for real

you don't have to aim at someone, you just sort of have to shoot near them
Eh, not really. Blasters lose the 1v1 often because you just have to be psychic to get a direct hit and because you move so slowly and take so long before you can fire again, your two shot doesn't really work compared to other weapons. Currently your best bet is to be support and fire into another 1v1 or where there are multiple fighters fighting but even then you are required to get quite close and your opponents needs to be in an area where you can hit it with an indirect.

Honestly want to see an Angle shooter on the Blaster. Currently you do not have a way to stop somoeone from just walking forward and shooting you if you miss on a 1v1.

Good weapons rotation for this Salmon Run, and I have gotten over 50,000 gold and I'm only halfway through the rewards tree.

broke my last grip so I'm forced to take a splatoon break

I guess I could play in handheld but based on what happened to the grip I don't think that's a good idea

I don't remember the last time I played against a 'bad' Blaster user, tbh. I'm not saying they don't deserve a buff, but I don't think they need it.

Very excited to try this balance update this weekend. YAY @ Jet Squelcher and Angle Shooter buff, but I'm surprised the vacuum didn't get any.
I hope the Ninja Squid nerf is very significant.

me getting killed by a sloshing machine this afternoon: ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS ASSHOLE YOUVE GOT LIKE 6 MORE HOURS MFER

I don't remember the last time I played against a 'bad' Blaster user, tbh. I'm not saying they don't deserve a buff, but I don't think they need it.

Very excited to try this balance update this weekend. YAY @ Jet Squelcher and Angle Shooter buff, but I'm surprised the vacuum didn't get any.
I hope the Ninja Squid nerf is very significant.
See, this is why you need to play against me so you can have new experiences! /s

broke my last grip so I'm forced to take a splatoon break

I guess I could play in handheld but based on what happened to the grip I don't think that's a good idea

I've been playing split joycon lately and i have found I'm actually aiming better and faster.

Just laying in bed, butt up, switch in tabletop mode, split joycons. Pro squid gaming.

On the eve of them getting told to get in the sea, In the top 100 X ranks:

Splat zones
34 splash o matics
13 sloshing machines

Tower control:
20 sloshing machines
17 crab tanks- sorry, I mean splash o matic

Rainmaker
20 Splash omatics
17 sloshing machines

Clam blitz
21 Splash o matics
14 sloshing machines

May you all get nerfed in to the ground.

Sarcasm aside, these two weapons were definitely massively over represented in the high end Meta to the point of being detrimental, glad they're getting weakened.

I've been playing split joycon lately and i have found I'm actually aiming better and faster.

Just laying in bed, butt up, switch in tabletop mode, split joycons. Pro squid gaming.
while toying with split joy-cons after destroying the last of my grip supply it occurred to me that Splatoon 2 probably added dualies as their own class because at one point you were meant to aim them independently with split joy-con

I think they made the right call

Last edited:
On the eve of them getting told to get in the sea, In the top 100 X ranks:

Splat zones
34 splash o matics
13 sloshing machines

Tower control:
20 sloshing machines
17 crab tanks- sorry, I mean splash o matic

Rainmaker
20 Splash omatics
17 sloshing machines

Clam blitz
21 Splash o matics
14 sloshing machines

May you all get nerfed in to the ground.

Sarcasm aside, these two weapons were definitely massively over represented in the high end Meta to the point of being detrimental, glad they're getting weakened.
Yeah those two dominate the meta. Ironically enough using weapons that aren't meta heavy seems to pit you with weapons that aren't meta heavy.

...which would be cool until you repeatedly get a team with a 3 blasters versus 2 splash-o-matics, a sloshing machine, and an E-Liter over and over and over.

They need to nerf e-liter. It's so boring fighting talentless e-liter teams in every single scrim. That weapon slows down the game so much for both teams, it's just not enjoyable.

no god why fuck

They need to nerf e-liter. It's so boring fighting talentless e-liter teams in every single scrim. That weapon slows down the game so much for both teams, it's just not enjoyable.
I mostly agree but I also enjoy getting in an open match with an eliter and dunking on them with the squiffer. eliters get real dumb on inkblot and mahi

IMG_0806.png

So…looks to be a bit of a change rather than a straight nurf. Will prevent players from shooting and running without being seen but they also get faster swim speed?

Good video from Chara. Something i didnt take i to consideration is the inkstrike buffs which perform similar to booyah. So while I think Machine is still the better booyah weapon in the game in terms of usage its probaly gonna see a decrease.

I can kinda see the shooter bias now. I liked playing Tentatek but the special was pretty meh for me. With the changes, if i dont like Machine, Ill just play more Tentatek. This effectively would push me towards playing shooters more than i already do.

Last edited:
every time I play a shooter I win, every time I play a charger I lose

I play charger anyway because I am based

IMG_0806.png

So…looks to be a bit of a change rather than a straight nurf. Will prevent players from shooting and running without being seen but they also get faster swim speed?

I like this a LOT actually

Ninja squid's OP part was how you could spam swim in fights and have a massive advantage. You can no longer do that.
BUT
With the current map design, if ninja squid was quite weak, longer range weapons would become extremely dominant and hard to fight. So they gave it a buff to make sure people will still want to use it.

You can still very much sneak through patches of ink to catch people by surprise, but you no longer have an advantage in a straight 1v1, and I love that.

praying with all my heart that sloshing machine and explosher suck now

Why must you spray at Explosher, too, when everyone would be happy and live peacefully together if you simply aimed your ire at Sloshing Machine with singular sniper-like precision?

a22.jpg

be me
dogshit charger player
trying to get back into scope (mostly so goo tuber isn't my third most used weapon)
can't aim
go into ranked to practice
towercontrol.jpg
s+ teammates completely destroy other team, I do nothing
go 3-0
hue hue hue
next match
getting fucked by blasters
unable to aim
switch strategy to use splat bomb
victory
still can't aim
mfw

First early impressions:

Nova is still meh to me. Perhaps in a non-random team it may be good. Its just too supportive for me atm.

Jet Squelcher in TC is...okayish. For me, the accuracy buff is noticeable. With Angleshooter the extra damage in ink isn't making a noticeable impact with the weapon so far.

I saw someone point out... that one less second of Crab Tank = one more second of painting for the next one

Crab tank is gonna get spammed even harder

Also apparently a lot of the changes indirectly buff splash

Prepare to see more crabs instead of less

no shot bro, that shit got DISMANTLED.

like, itll be ok but its not gonna be a go to weapon imo

Maybe your right but all I know is that so far two diff sloshing machines i went up against threw 6 and 8 booyah bombs and tons of fizzies.

Wait... The Ninja Squid change is more of a buff? 😠
Ninja Squid is now better at getting to where it needs to be to surprise you but now suffers on close range 1 v 1 fights if it cannot get the kill right away and needs to retreat because you can track it easier if they fire and change forms.

As much as I fully appreciate the detailed patch notes, I can't help but wonder if they were a mistake when it's the source of complaint by players. I remembered seeing a stream and the person reacted to Aerospray's painting increase with "who cares?", which to me seems like it's better that people figure things out on their own, even at the expense of my appreciation for this kind of stuff.
and then die because you didn't hit the direct and they just kill you before you fire a second shot because you're a sitting duck after shooting
The most detrimental change for a Blaster going into Splatoon 2 has to be the jump-aiming. In the first game, their jump-aiming did not swerve too much, so jumping and shooting is a viable way. Now? It is very risky and punishing should you attempt it, and the worst part is Intensify Action has a lower curve for them compared to other weapons like shooters and splatlings. Probably understandable since Blasters stand to benefit the most from Intensify Action's RNG reduction.

Thank you for reading.

The Ninja Squid Nerf in question. So while you can swim faster, now there will be a swim trail during the first few miliseconds of your diving, making it easier in a close ranged 1 v 1 to see where you are going.

Triple inkstrike now ANNIHILATES anything it comes into contact with

Tteks are having a field day
How does it interact with Big Bubbler? Does it remove it even without the Object Shredder? I sort of felt like that special didn't dent the barrier.

I hope one day Slosher will get a lower special compared to Tentatek Splattershot, either due to the latter increasing or the former decrease. Seems like the former might be out of the job if the latter becomes so good.

Thank you for reading.

How does it interact with Big Bubbler? Does it remove it even without the Object Shredder? I sort of felt like that special didn't dent the barrier.

I hope one day Slosher will get a lower special compared to Tentatek Splattershot, either due to the latter increasing or the former decrease. Seems like the former might be out of the job if the latter becomes so good.

Thank you for reading.
Yeah, it does loads of damage to it now. Not sure if it only takes 1 strike to break, but definitely no more than 2.

The sad part is, the fact that crab is more mobile makes it the one thing tri strike does NOT shred

The Ninja Squid Nerf in question. So while you can swim faster, now there will be a swim trail during the first few miliseconds of your diving, making it easier in a close ranged 1 v 1 to see where you are going.

Ninja Squid change has been a rollercoaster.

From the first high when I though the patch notes meant Swim Speed Up no longer applied to Ninja Squid users.

To the devestating low when the truth of a seeming nerf being a secret buff was revealed.

Back to now feeling kinda okay again because the visual effect is more obvious than I imagined and also lasts longer than reading 30/60 of a second makes you think.

Yeah as stated previously by others Ninja Squid is still good in a way that you wont get sniped by an eliter but nerfed to where an you will still be reasonably visible in 1v1s.

Potentially the best adjustment in the game so far imo.

I won't be able to play until Friday, but I'm having mixed feelings about the update after reading impressions and watching some videos :p

I saw someone point out... that one less second of Crab Tank = one more second of painting for the next one

Crab tank is gonna get spammed even harder

Also apparently a lot of the changes indirectly buff splash

Prepare to see more crabs instead of less

Good. There's nothing more satisfying than Splat Charge Sniping a crab tank pilot :)

Been seeing many more Nautili since the update dropped. Don't know if I liked that, but at least it's fun to squidbag after you've been hit by point sensor

Back
Top Bottom