• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Same Ol'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bucket List

• Save the Day

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Man this game has so many bugs/issues. Hope that patch is out soon and that it actually fixes most of it.
yeah though very small I have personally experienced some of the following bugs: clipping underground, salmons teleporting in Salmon run and over 99s queue time. I think 99s queue time was addressed yesterday.

I LOVED the secret level akin to a champion's road, not as hard as inner agent fight from Octo Expansion though imo, I love the bear ear reward as well!
Just beat it as well. Yet for me it was on par with inner agent, as I forget to upgrade my weapon... Especially the balloon rail was hard without the extra fire rate

How exactly does the Amiibo stuff work? The amiibo where I had Splatoon 2 data already on them gave me all their gear the first time I talked to them. Others, like Octoling Girl, only gave me one piece of gear. Can't seem to get her to give me the others.

I got a lot of communication errors only when I tried to join someones game.

After that, the game ended up shutting off on me, saying the data was corrupted.

So I had to redownload the whole game again (I got it digitally), luckily my save data wasn't affected!

I can't put my finger on it, but i feel like these maps seem more difficult than 2's... like you need actual strategy to win in the current turf wars. XD

But maybe that has to do with the game being new and getting paired up against highly skilled players.

Also, there something about the maps that make them seem less "popping out" compared to 2's.
Even the maps that come from the 2nd game I mean.

But other than that, I'm having a blast!

yeah though very small I have personally experienced some of the following bugs: clipping underground, salmons teleporting in Salmon run and over 99s queue time. I think 99s queue time was addressed yesterday.
I've experienced all of these, plus heavy lag and disconnects that weren't caused by anyone's poor internet, infinite loading screens, stutter when opening the map and weapons straight up not shooting bullets when pressing ZR (and having to restart to fix it)

Looking at the main hub, you can see a few areas that are under construction/taped off. I wonder if these will be areas added with DLC down the line? Mainly the paid portion I guess.

I've started 8 games today - 5 of them has ended prematurely because of disconnects.
Dissapointment is the probably the nicest word I have for Splatoon 3 online at the moment.

Story Mode is a beautiful conclusion to the trilogy. The Alterna logs had me in awe of the backstory, putting the entire concept of the game and the world it inhabits into context. Bravo Nintendo!!! End credits - chef's kiss!

Now to conquer the secret level.... yikes!

Clam Blitz is easily the worst mode. I really don't like it at all.
It's kinda convoluted that's why after they ended with it as the new splatoon 2 ranked mode, I'm not sure they have the leeway to add another one.
I've started 8 games today - 5 of them has ended prematurely because of disconnects.
Dissapointment is the probably the nicest word I have for Splatoon 3 online at the moment.
The new server system nintendo is using was really to enhance everything except the actual online play.
I'm so disappointed, the game is even more technical, it needs a tighter online than that.

Had a rough morning getting bodied by chargers in Splat Zones on Sturgeon Shipyard and Eeltail Alley until I switched to the Hydra Splatling and, more crucially, joined a bunch of killers. Just had to hang back safely and watch them go to work while ocassionally having one super-jump to me. Easiest 5-0 of my Splatoon 3 life. Never wished harder you could keep teams across Anarchy Series.

Here's to you, upper X-rank gods passing through. This mortal salutes you as he briefly touched immortality.

Some movement tricks on multiple maps

Squid Surge redeeming the people who never stopped painting the walls no matter how often society told them they don't count.

Last edited:
I'm really curious how speedruns of Splatoon 3 will shape out. The ooze system, coupled with the ability to tackle bosses out of order, makes for one of the most interesting single player structures I've experienced in a Nintendo game. It feels like a sideways evolution of something like Banjo-Kazooie.

The level with the 18 boxes flying across the map makes me want to commit war crimes agains cubes.

lol @ some of these locker screenshots

B41-E1-E19-F811-4-D1-E-81-E6-00-D377-E871-A1.jpg

Does Judd ever stop giving advice? Kind of annoying to see a red exclamation point every time lol

Is ranked based purely on your teams performance? So even if you do well if the rest of your team doesn’t perform you’ll rank down anyway?

I don't know why the beakons are not an option for any of the rollers (they've previously went with the relatively agile ones). The roller I'm using feels completely worthless as far as special and subs go, and the maps not really having much turf that feels hidden off is made me go straight back to Splatoon 2. As someone who has played over 2,000 hours of both the other games, I'm kind "salty" about this. And where is the Ninja squid ability? All the maps I'm pretty much toast against weapons that have longer ranges and with everything being so open I'm out maneuvered effortlessly. Not to mention changing Mahi Mahi into basically another map altogether.

Until updates come, I still have the single player campaign to have a go on, but it's a stone cold no from me so far. I can't quite believe this.

I also felt that the controls were floaty, but when I did go back to Splatoon 2 i had the same problem, so hopefully that was just some lag with my own internet.

Range Blaster feels so absurdly good in this game

Wait Zooka can do fall off??

Last edited:
I’ve just got kicked out 7 times in a row because of connectivity issues. Is anybody having the same problem? I dont think it’s my wifi as I always play Monster Hunter with my friends with no problem. I want to play this game!

What kind? I haven't noticed any (besides the rare disconnect)

I have personally experienced some of the following bugs: clipping underground, salmons teleporting in Salmon run and over 99s queue time. I think 99s queue time was addressed yesterday.

heavy lag and disconnects that weren't caused by anyone's poor internet, infinite loading screens, stutter when opening the map and weapons straight up not shooting bullets when pressing ZR (and having to restart to fix it)

Salmon Run is as fun as ever. Still my favorite horde mode around.

I had the thing where the controller didn't respond. I turned it off (Using the sync button, Pro controller, might work for joycons too) and it started working again. Not sure if this is a workaround that will work for everyone, but, leaving it there.

1.1.1 can't come soon enough though

I like how the story mode reminded me of Odyssey so much. The Octobot King boss was like Knucklotec boss in Odyssey (The Sand Kingdom). Or how the final boss was literally on moon, the same way the Odyssey was and so on.

The roller does feel a bit weaker so far, not sure if it's just the map or if they nerfed them a bit. Feels like I'm not getting as much ink down as I used to.

The Brella still feels great though.

Call me Vanilla but the Splattershot is really my favorite weapon. I tried so many weapons over the years but I'll always come back to the Splattershot.

So far I don’t think the music is as good as Splatoon 2, but I’ve only played for a bit.

Ok after trying to play in bed last night and then playing more today (and after 100+ hours in Splatoon 2] how do you all sit while you play? The only way that works for me is upright and leaning forward, kinda hunched over the controller. The second I lean back my ability to do anything plummets. I’ve never asked anyone else but like am I doing something wrong or all the squids out there also struggling with proper Splatting posture?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom