• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

Maws Yeah!ed this post

I feel this in my soul every time I get sent to the shadow realm by something completely avoidable

You know how easy it is to genocide entire teams with predictive bombs in C-rank?

I somehow made it to S+ while still falling for the same trick.

but imagine you're on a team with someone who straight up cannot play and you're getting destroyed because of it
yep

it’s literally fine

You know how easy it is to genocide entire teams with predictive bombs in C-rank?

I somehow made it to S+ while still falling for the same trick.
Charger mains love me

The leave a bomb in your ink trail as you retreat trick gets me hook, line and sinker every time

But I am a squid after all, so what can you do

but imagine you're on a team with someone who straight up cannot play and you're getting destroyed because of it
like not to harp on the point but every time, every time, every single time β€”

a game being cut short by a ragequit or guiltquit is far far far more frustrating than just losing

it’s a four person team game β€” you win or you lose, and you do your best, and there are so many factors you have absolutely no control over

the opponents and teammates shuffle

even the keenest-eyed teammate doesn’t have the time or attention to care what you’re doing if they’re putting themselves into the game

I don’t think anyone is sitting there thinking β€œthat one fucking squid is the entire reason my life is trash”

it’s a game to play for fun and to enjoy as the thing it is

it is not so serious

divest from the metagame

divest from aggro strategists

enjoy what the game is

do the part you have agency in β€” yours β€” and do it for fun

I've played Halo for years, and that's a game where useless teammates actually is a hinderance, so coming to Splatoon where there's really no such thing as a useless teammate, especially in Turf War, is like a breath of fresh air.

I am never, ever going to get anything to superfresh

fuck my life

The weapon rating?

FgTvqYwagAAARg9.jpg

It feels harder to achieve higher ratings in S3 between the matchmaking/team randomness and disconnects + communication errors.

Has anyone gotten or seen a golden freshness bar/flag?

I am never, ever going to get anything to superfresh

fuck my life
why exactly does that bother you? is that a priority / goal in the game for you?

again maybe I’m unqualified to comment on any of this since I barely ever get past Raw but like… as far as I know all it’s good for is the color of the little weapon tag only you can see?

When I see 2 splattershots or more in the opposing team, I rejoice because those can be countered by almost any other weapon. In this game, I'd argue that the splashomatic is markedly more powerful.

When I see 2 splattershots or more in the opposing team, I rejoice because those can be countered by almost any other weapon. In this game, I'd argue that the splashomatic is markedly more powerful.
Yeah you can counter splattershots with anything... but you need to figure out their playstyle first so you know how to counter that playstyle. That's the strength of the weapon, how versatile it is.

By pure coincidence I tried Splash-o-matic only yesterday for the first time. What a good weapon. Can't believe such a strong feeling weapon exists I've slept on entirely for the last two games. At least as and maybe even more comfortable than the N-ZAP and Tentashot. And the kit is great, too. I missed having Burst Bomb on something in my regular rotation, and with the Crab Tank and how quickly the Splash can farm for it, even with its short range it's never completely locked out of the game.

By pure coincidence I tried Splash-o-matic only yesterday for the first time. What a good weapon. Can't believe such a strong feeling weapon exists I've slept on entirely for the last two games. At least as and maybe even more comfortable than the N-ZAP and Tentashot. And the kit is great, too. I missed having Burst Bomb on something in my regular rotation, and with the Crab Tank and how quickly the Splash can farm for it, even with its short range it's never completely locked out of the game.
Did you mix it up with the Sploosh too lol? I had basically the same story earlier this month

I haven't used Splash-o-Matic extensively, but I am a fan of this weapon's lack of shot spread in comparison to other shooters. Sure it would require great aiming, but if you are point blank at the opponent, they are dispatched of quickly. It feels like the weapon goes well with most specials, like the hinted-at Zipcaster in the old trailer.

Something I don't get about Li'l Judd is where is that cat? Surprisingly he's not anywhere to be seen outside the results screen, so it's difficult to gauge how big he becomes currently. At least Murch becomes taller but not Li'l Judd. Wonder if Li'l Judd will become the new alpha cat next time around.

Thank you for reading.

Did you mix it up with the Sploosh too lol? I had basically the same story earlier this month

Possibly, yeah. I had written it off as a worse Aerospray in my mind. But I also don't remember hearing much hype about either Splash or Sploosh, even when I now discover the former at least had a few good kits over the years. I guess it would have taken something big to shake me out of Splattershot and N-ZAP coziness.

Something I don't get about Li'l Judd is where is that cat? Surprisingly he's not anywhere to be seen outside the results screen, so it's difficult to gauge how big he becomes currently. At least Murch becomes taller but not Li'l Judd. Wonder if Li'l Judd will become the new alpha cat next time around.

Thank you for reading.
Story spoilers:

Lil' Judd gets a mic after you beat the story mode, plus he only plays salmonid cards in tableturf battles, suggesting he takes over Grizzco

Possibly, yeah. I had written it off as a worse Aerospray in my mind. But I also don't remember hearing much hype about either Splash or Sploosh, even when I now discover the former at least had a few good kits over the years. I guess it would have taken something big to shake me out of Splattershot and N-ZAP coziness.
as someone who played a ton of sploosh in 2 it's definitely a worse aerospray

I might characterize splash as a worse squeezer or something. very precise

as someone who played a ton of sploosh in 2 it's definitely a worse aerospray

I might characterize splash as a worse squeezer or something. very precise

Worse Squeezer is Splattershot Pro already.

Then again, Splattershot Pro is a worse Splash-o-matic, too. That's how I discovered it. Looking for a Crab Tank weapon with an actual sub.

"Awww, someone's letting their 4 year old play, that's cute"
it's funny, when someone else is doing bad this is how I feel lol

why exactly does that bother you? is that a priority / goal in the game for you?

again maybe I’m unqualified to comment on any of this since I barely ever get past Raw but like… as far as I know all it’s good for is the color of the little weapon tag only you can see?
this might be a little too psych-y but I think I'm trying to compensate for my lack of self worth with video games which is not good for a variety of reasons

This reminds me: I need to figure out if it's possible to take a picture of an inked up Marie, Callie and Captain or if the timing is too strict to pull it off.

Rainmaker is easily the best ranked mode. It's so much more dynamic compared to the other ones. Here's a match I just played that perfectly conveys it: RLAX-52VW-1KDF-6JQ1

This might be a really dumb tip, but I saw someone point out: if you feel bad about your performance but don't want to be judged, set your splashtag banner to the default, your title to Splatlandian Rookie and take off all your badges. Congrats, people will now think you're a newbie and won't judge you if you do poorly!

it's important to note that the poster striping my locker is a direct reference to a ymo cover
They can't keep getting away with this!

(Ok that's seriously cool, and I love that it feels like in the last decade the online discourse around game music has really started to talk significantly more about influences on the composers and stuff. I've learned a ton from it and been exposed to a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise known about.)

Boy do I losing most of my S-Rank points due to a disconnect and having no long range team mates when we got splatlings and snipers to deal with.

I HAVE FREAKING ETHERNET, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Aaaaaand they've done it :|

Maybe they couldn't stand that a fan made the game look cooler than any of the official ads/trailers

...I'm sorry but why am I supposed to feel sorry for this user? User jumped into a bonfire, gets burnt. They proudly bragged about a camera mod against a company that is very trigger happy such things being openly bragged about. Like...yeah it sucks that Nintendo is like that but also...don't play with fire and brag about it so loudly they can see you?

...I'm sorry but why am I supposed to feel sorry for this user? User jumped into a bonfire, gets burnt. They proudly bragged about a camera mod against a company that is very trigger happy such things being openly bragged about. Like...yeah it sucks that Nintendo is like that but also...don't play with fire and brag about it so loudly they can see you?
Because it's ultimately harmless and a scumbag move from Nintendo? I'm not sure what the point is of arguing he deserved it, when this is undeniably morally fucked up

Back
Top Bottom