• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I am going to predict that the weapon distribution for the next season would be the following:
  • 2 new shooters (the remaining ones: .52 Gal Deco and Foil Squeezer)
  • 2 new chargers (New Squiffer and Bamboozler 14 Mk. II)
  • 1 new roller (Gold Dynamo Roller)
  • 1 new slosher (Bloblobber Deco)
  • 1 new splatling (Custom Hydra Splatling)
  • 1 new blaster (Custom Blaster)
  • 1 new dualies (Enperry Splat Dualies)
  • 1 new brella (Sorella Brella)
  • 1 new stringer (the alternate Tri-Stringer)
  • 2 new weapons (1 Stringer, 1 Splatana)

I imagine we'll be getting another Splatoon 2 stage next time, and my guess is Skipper Pavilion.

Thank you for reading.

There's this new thing on sendou.ink (a resource website for competitive players) called SendouQ, that basically aims to be a more competitive ranking and matchmaking system than the game's own, which gives options for both solo players and full teams, and I've been having fun with it :)

Last edited:
The way you flick the camera. I'll never not be amazed by your quick reflexes/reaction time.

Edit: So, how does it work? Do you have to create an account there? You don't need to add people to your friend list? How quickly do you find matches?

Last edited:
Edit: So, how does it work? Do you have to create an account there? You don't need to add people to your friend list? How quickly do you find matches?
You sign up with discord, fill out your profile and then you can "join the queue", where you can ask people to join your team and accept other people's requests

You then see other teams you can challenge, and once you've accepted a match, it gives you a pool to join and tells one team to host the room, plus the maps to play on, and you can then start playing and reporting the score

There's also a discord server to voice chat with your teammates and communicate with the other team if you want

You sign up with discord, fill out your profile and then you can "join the queue", where you can ask people to join your team and accept other people's requests

You then see other teams you can challenge, and once you've accepted a match, it gives you a pool to join and tells one team to host the room, plus the maps to play on, and you can then start playing and reporting the score

There's also a discord server to voice chat with your teammates and communicate with the other team if you want
Thanks. It's really cool how the community organizes and gets things done.

So I do play Splatoon 3 more on a very casual base. I don't have time for tournaments and so, and I do love the game. But there's one thing I really don't like about it, and that is the catalog, which functions as a free battle pass. A few months back, I didn't seem to be bothered by it, but as I haven't played Splatoon much in the summer, my catalog level was 29, en well, I do now have so many levels to go, and I fear I won't reach it. It's such a shame that you can't keep the catalog after the season ends, just to fill it at your own speed. That's what I did like about Among Us tho, the cosmic cubes/Battle passes there aren't any time limited, aside from a time limit just to buy it. But when you bought it, you can go on in you own pace to fulfill that pass, unlike where I have some kind of lil' stress within the Splatoon catalog.

Absolute gorgeous Sprinkler kill, I give you that. :D

Yesterday I did this, and felt completely lucky. The throw of my Splat bomb, and shot right away an up and close enemy, and still got the sniper with bomb. Did I feel proud. However, I was killed right away by an inkstrike. :p

Although it's not Splatoon 3, but Splatoon 2. This is something I will never forget about. Back in 2019 I made a 6-in-a-row kill with my Gold Dynamo Roller.
Speaking of which. I do wonder when the Gold Dynamo will come in Splatoon 3 and what it's kit will be. I still do hope on Splat bombs as a sub, like previous entries, but with a Booyah Bomb taken from the Kensa Dynamo from Sploon 2.

So I do play Splatoon 3 more on a very casual base. I don't have time for tournaments and so, and I do love the game. But there's one thing I really don't like about it, and that is the catalog, which functions as a free battle pass. A few months back, I didn't seem to be bothered by it, but as I haven't played Splatoon much in the summer, my catalog level was 29, en well, I do now have so many levels to go, and I fear I won't reach it. It's such a shame that you can't keep the catalog after the season ends, just to fill it at your own speed. That's what I did like about Among Us tho, the cosmic cubes/Battle passes there aren't any time limited, aside from a time limit just to buy it. But when you bought it, you can go on in you own pace to fulfill that pass, unlike where I have some kind of lil' stress within the Splatoon catalog.
I'm sure they'll add some way to get everything from past catalogs at some point (currently you can get some things but not others from the Shell-out Machine), but for now it's very annoying to miss out on a bunch of stuff if you don't have the time to play yeah

I'm sure they'll add some way to get everything from past catalogs at some point (currently you can get some things but not others from the Shell-out Machine), but for now it's very annoying to miss out on a bunch of stuff if you don't have the time to play yeah
I do really hope so, yeah. They also did timed exclusive items in Switch sports, but I don't know if they have brought back those ^^'

Eagerly anticipating the announcement new stuff tomorrow! At least, I hope there will be new stuff announced.

Some stuff that I hope gets changed are extra catalogues rewarding Super Sea Snails, and also increasing the cash reward from Shell-Out Machine if you maxed out certain items.

Thank you for reading.

All I want this patch is increased drop rates for rare and fresh Tableturf cards. Opening a pack and getting all duplicates has gotten tired. Those used to be the reward on the catalogue track I was looking forward to the most.

Did they just accidentally leak a new Challenge type for next season?

There is currently no modified Rainmaker Challenge in the files, and the rotation mentioned here is currently set to be a Monthly Challenge (power high score) on Tower Control

Edit: the fact they deleted it speaks volumes :p

Last edited:
Ui59vX8.jpg

Not even close to the Splatoon 2's Jet Squelcher kit, but now it feels competent enough-ish.
I wonder how soon we will get third kits once they finish the cycle and all weapons have two.

Ui59vX8.jpg

Not even close to the Splatoon 2's Jet Squelcher kit, but now it feels competent enough-ish.
I wonder how soon we will get third kits once they finish the cycle and all weapons have two.
There's currently 27 weapons without a second kit, so that should be possible in the next 3 seasons (even accounting for new main weapons)

I'm willing to bet they'll do a wave or two of Sheldon's picks again (maybe even one after the final promised season ends) but I don't think all weapons will get 3rd kits at this rate unfortunately

A little sad that Side Order isn't coming up soon but otherwise looks like a solid season other than the fact that there appear to only be 10 new kits total

!!!

IT'S SALTSPRAY RI----

it's another S-tetromino stage.

Second stage looked cool for a moment when I thought the water was open turf.

- signed a new Heavy Edit Splatling main

Second follow-up... a bit bummed since I really want another Big Run and Shiver is likely going to win.

EDIT: Nevermind JP Twitter confirmed Big Run let's goooooo

Tell us you've run out of 3 option Splatfests without telling us

Big run on Um'ami during the Sneak Peak of the Deep Cut Splatfest. Bit of an odd stage for salmon run, I have a hard time imagining how it will be laid out

Very glad we're finally getting these

Hate to be the bearer of negativity but uh

This doesn't feel like a lot and like the bare minimum to keep the game relevant 😅

Being able to flip your hat around has me unreasonably hyped, as someone who really enjoys playing this game for all the fashion.

Boo, Salmonid Smokeyard is like, the worst one tho. :/ Any stage with the Propeller platforms feels bad to me.

The two new stages... I need to get a better look at them, they look neat, but... they look... like thin narrow chokepoint hells again, right?
Glad for finally a new Bucket and new Splatling, even if SO far I am not sure they look super 'interesting'.

Finally Gold Dynamo

Being able to just put on a shirt that's a size too big is such a simple little touch. It doesn't seem quite big enough to match that streetware style but it's a nice nod to it.

Salmonid Smokeyard is easily the best SR stage. Throwing eggs will just make it even better.

Kind of funny another season without any new wiper or bow.

Once again, the stages are aesthetically pleasing but are still tetraminoes. Crableg Capital has a ton of grates, though, so it's at least multi-layered. I usually don't wear hats because I wear my Octoling's fade hairstyle with pride, but being able to turn them around is a nice addition. As for the Splatfest... I mean, I like Frye, Shiver is obviously the leader right? She gives leader vibes.

That's all I can really say about this update. I'm pretty set in my ways in terms of gear and kit for turfing of both the normal and table variety at this point (still no new bows or splatanas tho?), I don't play Salmon Run enough to care that much about the returning stages and new suits, and I'm probably going to end up missing every single Challenge timeslot like I did for most of Sizzle Season. Pretty much just waiting for Side Order at this point. Hoping for it to drop for in Chill Season, but willing to wait for Fresh if it turns out to be a major evolution of the single-player.

I feel like the team boxed themselves in with needing maps to be made easily tricolor-compatible. Easy to just add a middle section to a linear layout.

Honestly, I hope they replace tricolor with another non-map gimmick in the next game so we can maybe have more unique maps. Like random challenges or random weapons, despite me enjoying tricolor for the most part. Even though I do like playing on current maps that have a twist.

I feel like New stages in this game very much lacks fun gimmicks. Do any of the new stages have a fun gimmick so far? Stuff like elevators, or Mahi's water lowering, stuff like that. I feel like stages are so similar to eachother in this game, like, most are thin-with-tower-in-middle.

Y’all were too busy with the Drizzle Season announcement that no one thought to mention that we’re getting Deep Cut Amiibos in November 😂

REALLY curious what the Tristringer will give.
It has sprinkler for a sub weapon.

As a Stringer main this really stinks. Unless it comes with a top tier special that sprinkler is kind of useless since it doesn’t really help the main weapon out in fights. It might be a bit better than toxic mist since at least it paints I guess.
Hate to be the bearer of negativity but uh

This doesn't feel like a lot and like the bare minimum to keep the game relevant 😅
I’m coping that they’re saving a new King Salmonid for whenever the next Big Run is announced and that Side Order will be this season since Octo Expansion was also 1 year after launch.

But regardless this trailer was incredibly underwhelming. 8 new kits for 3 months is pathetic. There’s still so many weapons stuck with the same kit since launch, and some of them most likely won’t get new kits next season either. I had to wait a year for Stringer, and mains of other weapons such as Range Blaster, Splat Dualies, Squeezer, Flingza Roller, and Bamboozler have to wait even longer. If seasons will really end next year then most weapons will not be getting 3rd kits like in Splatoon 2. That’s unacceptable.

image.png

A bit of my own indication what this new map will be in Turf War. Red lines are pretty much (my guess) uninkable walls, green are the inkable walls, yellow is probably the main route for mid. Orange and Pink are just areas where there probably isn't much combat. Purps and brown are inklines.

I mean, the vibe is definitely there, but it's again a similar shape as brinewater, Umami and the mall one. I'll see, but i'm somewhat glad they have an grated bridge in there.

I’m coping that they’re saving a new King Salmonid for whenever the next Big Run is announced and that Side Order will be this season since Octo Expansion was also 1 year after launch.
There's a Big Run coming the weekend before the next Splatfest, unsure why only the Japanese Twitter talked about it:

image.png

A bit of my own indication what this new map will be in Turf War. Red lines are pretty much (my guess) uninkable walls, green are the inkable walls, yellow is probably the main route for mid. Orange and Pink are just areas where there probably isn't much combat. Purps and brown are inklines.

I mean, the vibe is definitely there, but it's again a similar shape as brinewater, Umami and the mall one. I'll see, but i'm somewhat glad they have an grated bridge in there.

And blue is the path where I'll be splatted by people I can't even tell are there through the grates.

Back
Top Bottom