• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

I honestly don't know what team to choose. The 3 ink colors are so pretty
JqyZKxE.gif

UQJStbg.jpg

42SLKLS.jpg

He's winning, tho.

It doesnt seem all that impossible to me, seeing how you can already have 10 players in a lobby and MK8DX has 12 player lobbies

And let's not talk about Tetris 99 or the like.

hmm that's true

maybe what I read was false or misleading

Maybe you've got some wires crossed and were thinking of local multiplayer or something, because that actually does have a hard limit on the bandwidth (...may not be the right terminology) that is available locally, where it can only use up to 8 switches at once on something like mario kart, which goes up to 12 if you're using a LAN.

155 is my best so far. I must admit, it is fun to play in a semi-controlled environment and trying to beat your highest score while being as efficient and effective as possible.

Thank you, pools, for allowing me to play.

I have no self control because I bought every Splatfest t-shirt...
I wish I had no self control so I could get them :(

Says the person who just spent his whole paycheck purchasing a few games he already owned and 3 pairs of special/seasonal editions sneakers 🙃

In my defense, it was my birthday :p

Ftr6tQKWcAcV3g2

The real Splatfest!

Although I actually have no clue what team to pick. Link is an iconic hero, Zelda is the heart of the series, Ganondorf is back looking cool as heck.

Managed to get 220 with my team, but gosh this gets boring quickly.
Havent tried extra work yet, because I dont really have anyone to play with and it also doesnt sound that appealing. It seems really robotic to me, doing the same thing over and over. Is it really that static or is that more my idea? Also, did your team come up with a strategy, did you take one from online or no strategy at all? That part feels like it would be the most fun to me, coming up with an effective way to maximise eggs.

Anyways, Manta Maria is a top 3 SZ stage in the game, and so is Hagglefish. Had a blast playing this afternoon on that rotation!

Extra Work basically sounds like someone in EPD got really into roguelikes and was all "Hey, what if we had a special mode with a fixed seed" and thought that would be a compelling idea for Splatoon.

Havent tried extra work yet, because I dont really have anyone to play with and it also doesnt sound that appealing. It seems really robotic to me, doing the same thing over and over. Is it really that static or is that more my idea? Also, did your team come up with a strategy, did you take one from online or no strategy at all? That part feels like it would be the most fun to me, coming up with an effective way to maximise eggs.
It is that static, however the difficulty increases more for the next wave if you get a better score. The first 2 waves are quite boring tho.

We did figure out some strategies, especially for the goldie seeking wave, but the normal waves quickly devolve into chaos where little strategy can be applied. At least it helps knowing where the stingers and big shots are gonna spawn.

While it's fun to try to score high, I lost all motivation to keep playing because the rewards suck and I can't play with friends and coordinate.
Yeah if this had scales for rewards, I'd be all in, but a sticker for a locker I don't touch anymore? Eh...

Why do people never ever move from this platform on Museum unless someone wipes the whole enemy team for them or something
image.png
I don't know but it's extremely frustrating. I like dropping on the right to catch people off guard, and I'll often pull 3 people towards me, but the rest of my team just sits there and doesn't use the opportunity to claim the middle of the map

Why do people never ever move from this platform on Museum unless someone wipes the whole enemy team for them or something
image.png
No joke, I once saw an Inkbrush never leave that portion on the map the whole game. Just stayed on the edge and swung the brush around at enemies on the other side of the map. Unsurprisingly, that user got 0 kills and died like 15 times and we lost.

We lost. Badly.

Something I REALLY dislike about this game

All the new modes from Splatoon 2 are pure novelty. Big Run is temporary and novelty, Eggstra Work is temporary and gets boring super quick, Tricolor is available for 24h once a month. Tableturf vs others is only in private matches, it's not something anyone can really "focus" on.

This game needs something new that you can actually PLAY.

Wait, there is no regular matchmaking in Table Turf? Why? Maybe all the new modes will be available all the time in Splatoon 4, following tradition :p

Also, how underwhelming/disappointing Eggstra Work was that nobody posted about the results.

Anyway, the change to Ninja Squid wasn't enough and they should nerf it and this is the hill I'm willing to die on.
Edit: the Kraken too. F that special.

Last edited:
This game needs something new that you can actually PLAY.
I swear, the Pair and Underground Salmon Run modes better be something we get on top of the regular mode. Just like how we can choose between Turf/Ranked/League(lol) for PvP.

Enough with the "limited" events bs.

So, there is going to be an update for the game before the Splatfest because its data isn't in the game yet. Do you think it will include a balance patch?

Back
Top Bottom