• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3: Splatfest World Premiere |ST| Romance of the Three Inkdoms (Splatfest Over, See Threadmarks For Results)

What Splatfest team are you picking?

• Rock

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • Paper

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • Scissors

Votes: 52 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyfer

Li'l Devil
Pronouns
She/They
Good day! Squid Research Lab intern here, to provide details on the:

Splatoon 3: Splatfest World Premiere

unknown.png

Release Date: August 25, 2022
File Size: 2.5 GB
Languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese

At this point, the demo is over!
Team Rock takes the win!
unknown.png

The Squid Research Lab would like to thank you for playing, and we hope to see you in the full game in 2 weeks!

unknown.png

Thread below for Archive purposes:

unknown.png

I'll tell you all about it, my squid-interested friend! Starting from when the demo is available on the 25th, you will be able to do the tutorial for Splatoon 3, choose your Splatfest region and team while walking around Splatsville Square, and make artwork to rep your choice of RPS attacks! Also, there will be a whopping 26 (that's twenty-six!) weapons that you can try out! Look below for the list of weapons.

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

Now, of course, what you're all here for is the main event. Let me tell you about it!

unknown.png

Ah yes, Splatfest! The most important cultural event for Inklings and Octolings alike. The weekend after the demo is out, there will be a 12-hour block for each of the four selectable regions where you can play in the three-team ultra messy hyper color Rock Paper Scissors Showdown Splatfest!!! Apologies, I got a bit excited there. Anyways! At the bottom of this thread, there will be a table showing you exactly what times each region will have their Splatfest Premiere.

For the first 6 hours of each time block, you will be able to just play regular ol' Turf War, with your friends who picked the same Splatfest team as you if you wish to do so. However, during the second half of the event, you can play the new mode:

Tricolor Turf War

unknown.png

When Tricolor Turf War becomes available, 4 members of the Splatfest team that is currently in the lead will be pitted against 2 members from both of the other Splatfest teams. That means the team of 4 players will have to defend the middle from both sides! Also, having the middle under control will give you some fresh bonuses during the match...

FAQ:​

• Do I need Nintendo Switch Online to play?
Yes you do! However, if you download the demo, you will receive an e-mail that contains a code for a free 7-day trial for Nintendo Switch Online, redeemable after the 25th.
  • When does the demo unlock?
As far as we know, despite it being region-free, the demo will unlock at midnight (00:00) on the 25th, based on the region of the eShop you downloaded the demo from.
  • Can you access the test range?
Unfortunately, not right now. It seems you can only access it during the Splatfest itself.
  • Can I still play the demo after Splatfest is over?
Also unfortunately, no. The demo is no longer downloadable, and you will not be able to play it anymore.

More questions and answers pending!

Now for the Splatfest times. Have a look below! (Alt text included)

American Region: 9 AM - 9 PM PST (Aug 27) European Region 10 AM - 10 PM CEST (Aug 27) Japanese Region 9 AM - 9 PM JST (Aug 28) Oceanian Region 10 AM - 10 PM AEST (Aug 28)

Have fun, and may the best team win! And please look forward to the StarTopic report on Splatoon 3 itself. credits to @Derachi for the thread subtitle

Last edited:
Fantastic work on the ST, @Lucyfer! Didn't realize we had a member of the Squid Research Lab here on Fami. 😉

I'm thinking I'm gonna choose Team Rock. Hard to go wrong with a solid strategy like that!

Team Scissors, because I'm gonna be a contrarian like that, never comfortable with the settled opinions.

Awesome ST @Lucyfer !!!

Can't wait to play the Splatfest demo! Will actually be the first time I play anything Splatoon, and I'm super hyped. Can't wait for Thursday to play that tutorial and wander each square inch of Splatsville.

Btw I'm team rock just because non-binary finery of Shiver is totally worthy defending until death ⚔️.

Looking forward to play with y'all!! Just don't hate me because I'm a noob lol.

We should start seeing news trickling in in 3.5h (including from datamines), as that's when the demo apparently releases for Australian accounts. I'll update the thread with any relevant information

Excellent ST, @Lucyfer !

I think I'll pass on the demo since I have so much else to do and was already sold on the full game before it was announced. Definitely hanging out in here to see the reactions from Fami, though.

ST title so good I don't think the full game title can beat it

I can't believe they gave Pearl the Monado to fight Marina dual weilding the Aegis' swords.

I can't believe they gave Pearl the Monado to fight Marina dual weilding the Aegis' swords.
I can't believe Big Man was the Fire Emblem all along. The scene where Deep Cut use him to defeat Emporer Octogard was stunning.

Scissor Fans when the latest My Chemical Romance song starts playing (they have to stop listening before 8pm because that's their bedtime and their parents just don't understand how dark and edgy they are):

emo-goth.gif

Paper Fans explaining why they're still cool despite picking the thing that homework and books are written on:

nerd.gif

Rock Fans literally just existing:

AbleCorruptDrongo-size_restricted.gif

some of my thoughs

wtf they will not learn you how to use squid surge and squid roll in the demo? Playing on handheld, looks good, Splatsville is very massive but looks worse than Inkopolis Square (or at least in handheld)

They did constantly mention it yes, though I don't think it was ever outright stated you could use it before the splatfest. Bummer that you can't though.
"The demo goes live on August 25 where players can access tutorials and the Test Range in Splatsville. The Splatfest battles begin on August 27." In the Splatoon 3 thread there was a screenshot when they mentioned more of this.

Looking at DF's Splatoon 3 video that just went up the "OMG EPD is finally back with something big" feeling is real.

26 weapons and no test range really blows. Really gonna have to switch around a bunch to try everything during the fest.

I kind of regret staying up now, knowing there's no test range lol. It's too late with 30 minutes left, might as well have a look around.

Was looking for it now too and we actually misunderstand it, it says: Dip your tentacles into a tutorial to learn the basics starting August 25. Then, take a stroll around Splatsville and get ready for the Splatfest.

And when they talk about the range etc. they talk about being it available in the demo, there is nothing about August 25th.

Demo Includes:

• New Splatfest Mode – Tricolor Turf War (4v2v2 battles!) during the second half of the Splatfest
  • 26 weapons! Target turf with the brand-new Tri-Stringer with its explosive arrows, make a splash with the iconic Splattershot, steamroll the competition with the Splat Roller, and more!
  • Test Range – practice using weapons before you battle
  • Rep your team by sharing messages and art that others can see in the square

There is nothing about 25th, was expecting it too, it would make sense to make it available now imao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom