• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Sony State of Play announced for March 9th, 2022 2 PM PST / 5 PM EST / 11 PM CET "Focusing on Japanese Developers" ~20 minutes

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
A new State of Play is upon us! Join us this Wednesday March 9 at 2 PM Pacific / 5 PM Eastern / 11:00 PM CET for new reveals and eye-catching updates for PS5 and PS4 titles. Note: We won’t have any updates on PlayStation VR2 titles or hardware in this broadcast.

The show is clocking in around 20 minutes, give or take, with a special focus on highlighting great games coming from some of our beloved Japanese publishers, though we’ll have a few updates from other developers located around the world, too.

You can of course watch our broadcast live on Twitch and YouTube. See you Wednesday!

And here I thought that Monster Hunter direct was announced a bit too far in advance. :ROFLMAO:
I'm very much hoping RE4 remake shows up and either Final Fantasy 16 or FF7R Part 2.

Wait March 9th… today?! I’m so used to Nintendo’s style of announcing a direct and waiting a day to see it lol

Edit: my phone was set to different timezone, false alarm lol

"We have resurrected JapanStudio. Sorry about that, we were drunk. Anyway, here's Gravity Rush 3."

Japanese focus? No VR? Sounds like my kind of presentation!

I won't hype myself for XVI. I won't. You can't make me.

Ah I see they are doing the Nintendo style announcement of their direct format now, with only one day in advance.

I wanna see what that spartacus thing looks like. initial reports make it sounds pretty rough, but I would like to play some ps1 games

We’re going on three years of these being crap so I’m not getting my hopes up, but if any sop was going to appeal to me it’s this one — cmon Sony show me you haven’t left Japan in the dust

Lol I still need to go through my PS4 jrpg black friday backlog but my lazy ass doesn’t want to start them after work weekdays and I just play n64 games on the weekend instead 😭

Hmm. Final Fantasy VII Remake or XVI?

Remake 2 is probably a year away from being shown. Maybe we get a teaser if/when Sony has a Showcase later this year, but I don't think the reveal to release cycle will be super long.

Something Resident Evil will be shown right, either Village DLC or REm4ke
God of War Ragnarok trailer with release date
New game from Pixelopus
Deathloop
Something from Konami
FF16
Ghostwire Tokyo
Deathloop again

Is it close enough to spring to see FFXVI?
It is close enough to Spring to see a short trailer which says more to come in... March/April
It's State of Play so there won't be any major first party news/reveals

Sorry for asking in this thread. Is the new horizon game out yet? I have a ps5 collecting dust.

Hmm, we don't have a Resident Evil game announced yet, right?

Will we see Resident Evil 4 Remake? Or A Monster Hunter World 2 tease?

Outside of Capcom, I expect something Yakuza, new Square-Enix title, and an anime game from Namco, if we want to see bigger game reveals.

From Playstation's own description, I don't think I'm going to see anything super interesting for me here. Maybe some news on FFXVI, but I will keep my expectations low and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

20 minutes is kinda brief, I feel it'll probably at the very least feature Ghostwire Tokyo, Stranger of Paradise and Lost Judgment DLC too.

I don't have much hope that this won't actually be "Japanese games for the West", but I'll be fine with it being the usual kinds of games if we at least see more of FFXVI.

Funnily enough looking back at the FFVII Remake SoP Reveal trailer, it was also dropped with a MonHun presentation soon after... 👀

I know it’s unrealistic bordering on insanity, but I’m going in hoping for both FFVIIR2 and FFXVI. Pleaseeeeee

Maybe its a me thing, but saying "beloved japanese publishers" might bite them back. Why not go with 3rd party partners or something. Will not be surprise when it disappoints and people complain again.

What predictions?
he done tweeted:
"Sony State of Play Predictions:
Likely:
- Resident Evil Village DLC
- Final Fantasy Origin: SoP
- Disappointment
Maybe:
  • RE4 Remake
  • Something PS+ Related
  • Moderate Hype
Doubtful:
  • FFXVI
  • Delivering on Hype"

State of Plays are almost always horrible (it amazes me how no one has even come close to successfully replicating Nintendo Directs), yet I still get moderately hyped for them

Back
Top Bottom